Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Fight (Good Wife Spin-off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,750 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

longshanks wrote: »
    Two solid episodes, this could be a great show in time.
    Pity there is only going to be 10 episodes this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great episode this week and Matthew Perry on form and the whole fake news angle is done really well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I've only caught the first two episodes and it's a really strong continuation of The Good Wife 'brand' so to speak. The various characters felt on point & all concerned slipped right back into their respective moulds. The Ponzi schema daughter is more sympathetic than I thought she might be, given her obviously privileged background.

Any news on international distribution, if Netflix might get their hands on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

pixelburp wrote: »
    Any news on international distribution, if Netflix might get their hands on it?

More4 has the UK rights - to premiere this Spring

I am now up to date with the first 4 episodes still really liking it.
    The 3rd episode was a little bit of a dip in quality IMO but the 4th one was excellent and great to see yet more old faces popping up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 IrishBelle

I have watched the first three episodes now. I love it. Although at this point, Maia is still a bit wooden. But I was never a huge fan of Alicia, so that wont preclude me from loving this anyway!

Nothing more needs to be said about this episode other than Elsbeth :)

Ha totally agree! Probably the strongest episode so far for me...terrific first 5 eps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

Would you have needed to see The Good Wife to watch this show?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

gazzer wrote: »

Kind of, but not really. You will be missing out on a lot of the backstory of the characters who travelled across from The Good Wife, so you may be wondering what his/her deal is at times (for instance, Diane's marital status)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

gazzer wrote: »

Not really, some of the characters that occasionally pop up in the good fight won't have any significance for you - like you won't be delighted to see the above mentioned Elsbeth return, but I imagine you can watch it as a stand alone.
    The good wife is great though so if you are looking for something new that is well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭johnire

Elsbeth is back?? Brilliant. I love her. :-)

Its been announced that this has been renewed for a second series!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    More4 has the UK rights - to premiere this Spring
    brian_t wrote: »
    The Good Fight starts on More4 on Thursday March 30th at 9pm

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm getting a strong Jodie Foster vibe from Rose Leslie's performance, especially her portrayal of Clarice from Silence of the Lambs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

I'm getting a strong Jodie Foster vibe from Rose Leslie's performance, especially her portrayal of Clarice from Silence of the Lambs.

I thought the same from her expressions and body language, so I'm not alone in it.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Regarding today's episode,
    the conceit that the appeals panel of a banned user of an website consists of five high powered layers including named partners is ridiculous! The first major misstep of the series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

This week's episode was great. Just like the good wife at its peak!

This week's episode was great. Just like the good wife at its peak!
    Totally agree, another strong episode, close to season 5 peak good wife!

This is really hitting the levels of The Good Wife at it's best.

Paul Guilfoyle falling while putting up the rope this week might just be one of the funniest things I seen on tv in a while.

Poor Lucca meeting Colin's family is a close second to it.

Also great to see Lou Gossett Jr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This is absolutely great. I hadn't heard about it at all but I really had enjoyed the Good Wife (being a leftie liberal) so when I noticed my sister mentioning this on twitter I had to have a look. Watched all 7 episodes over the weekend and it really is TGW at it's best so far. Diane, Lucca and Marissa were 3 of the strongest characters from the old show so it's great to see them all back again in more of a starring role and the rest of the new cast has been brilliant so far. Loving Maia (Rose Leslie) in the second lead. She's proving to be a much better actress than I had given her credit for and the character is layered. Delroy Lindo as Adrian Boseman is also perfect.

So far the story lines have been exceptional with the running story of the Ponzie scheme being a strong enough tale for the full season, but they will need something equally strong next season that's non race related so they can keep the race stories more as individual episode stories.

Also love some of the recurring judges getting back in again. They were a favorite of mine in the original series.

It's easily on a par with the best of the Good Wife and continues the trend of the uncanny ability to tap topical headlines of the (American) day. The cameos by former Good Wifers also helps ground the spin off, and any appearance by Elsbeth Tasioni (sp) is always welcome.

Only quibble so far had been the utter absence of any characterisation for Barbara. In fact it's so bad I had to use google just to make sure I got the name right.

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's easily on a par with the best of the Good Wife and continues the trend of the uncanny ability to tap topical headlines of the (American) day. The cameos by former Good Wifers also helps ground the spin off, and any appearance by Elsbeth Tasioni (sp) is always welcome.

Only quibble so far had been the utter absence of any characterisation for Barbara. In fact it's so bad I had to use google just to make sure I got the name right.

That's a legitimate failing alright and she looks like she could be a really strong character if developed more than just a petty self interested and dislike of Diane. I think they have though had a lot of new faces to introduce this season and have done really well with most of them and hopefully she will come into it more.

I also agree with the poster above regarding the episode with the
    panel judging on who was banned from commenting on the equivalent of youtube/google comments sections. To claim that a few big name lawyers would be doing that role is pretty farcical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Is that the same for the boards mods? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Sure if it was we'd still love them all the same. Given we're TGW/TGF fans I think being a leftie liberal is a taken.

Colin Sweeney :D:D:D

I am really surprised how strong the series is I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I started it last week and ploughed through the lot (and I didn't watch TGW). This is a really great show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

That woman who plays Maya's mother is bloody awful.

Advertisement