Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I need to take a risk what do people think of lukaku to aguero or a -8 mig siggy and Carroll to Valdez zaha and ibra

I'd take the Lukaku/Aguero punt as Leciester have tightened up at the back recently. Aguero could hit 3 v Hull and if anyone can reward a punt he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My plan is to hold off one more gameweek without Alli/Son. I will take a (-4) to bring in Aguero and a cheap def tonight. Then next week another (-4) to bring in Kane (if fit) and Alli. Terrified of having no Spurs attack for this week though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I need to take a risk what do people think of lukaku to aguero or a -8 mig siggy and Carroll to Valdez zaha and ibra

Do you need Valdez to fund this? If not then just the other two. I wouldn't swap Lukaku for Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

A -8 is really never worth it to bring in a GK, Def and striker, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Starting to think Vardy and Alonso to Aguero (c) and a 5.7m defender for a -4 might have to be considered :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can you do Vardy to Aguero without Alonso going? I know things haven't gone to plan with Alonso lately but he is not worth a -4 out unless you absolutely need to

CSF wrote: »
    Can you do Vardy to Aguero without Alonso going? I know things haven't gone to plan with Alonso lately but he is not worth a -4 out unless you absolutely need to

I need to get 0.7 from somewhere and so it would have to be Alonso, Siggy or Deeney really. Siggy would mean a 6.8 m midfielder (probably Zaha) and Deeney would mean a 6.2m striker (probably Negredo)

Actually Deeney, Vardy to Aguero, Negredo for -4 would work...interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Benimar wrote:
    I need to get 0.7 from somewhere and so it would have to be Alonso, Siggy or Deeney really. Siggy would mean a 6.8 m midfielder (probably Zaha) and Deeney would mean a 6.2m striker (probably Negredo)

I think I'd go the Negredo option there.
    His stats are surprisingly good of late and he has the dgw

• Registered Users Posts: 32,763 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah I'd probably say the same.

spock. wrote: »
    I think I'd go the Negredo option there.
    His stats are surprisingly good of late and he has the dgw
    CSF wrote: »
    Yeah I'd probably say the same.

Cheers. I'm currently 25 points clear in my ML but 2nd has Aguero. I think its worth the hit to bring him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    Do you need Valdez to fund this? If not then just the other two. I wouldn't swap Lukaku for Aguero

Ye I'm .1 short so mig to Valdez gets me that. Tbh I'd probably sacrifice 8 pts alone just to get mig out of my team at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Of those 2 Defo option 1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

.1 short of doing Costa > Aguero and Alonso > Rojo.

Dammit, back to Ye Olde Drawing Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Vardy and siggy for aguero and zaha....taking a -4 to do it....rest of midfield is coutinho tadic alli king, strikers llorente and lukaku....currently top of my leagues so would be a big move.....

Whats peoples thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd probably edge towards the latter, but I'm not sure about Ibra yet.

Have you thought about Benteke? Does Mig and Carroll to Valdez and Benteke work?

Palace and Benteke on form and Arsenal will have 3rd choice keeper again and no Kos.

Benimar wrote: »

I'd ditch Alonso before getting Negredo in

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

I've 104m to play with and I hit WC last night. Need to make up ground in my mini leagues. 
    What would everyone pick? I'm considering going very offensive as it seems increasingly difficult to pick the high scoring defenders lately. This in turn means a dreadful cheap defence. 

2 cheap goalies,
    3 cheap defenders and 2 mid price defenders.
    Alli, Eric, Sanchez, Zaha + cheap
    Ibra (change to Kane when back), Aguero, Luk (for 3 weeks)

I've lost it haven't I? 
    414022.PNG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Yeah Chelsea are conceding every game. Hard to forget about his 2 goal haul though, he has that explosive factor that not many defenders have. Frustrating to see him getting outscored by the likes of Ben Mee...

Deeney being yellow flagged has me leaning towards the Negredo move. Either way, I think I'm set on Aguero in for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Playing with the idea of

Vardy and clyne to zlatan and gibson for a -4. With the dgw 34 in mind!

• Advertisement

Jesper wrote: »
    I've 104m to play with and I hit WC last night. Need to make up ground in my mini leagues. 
    What would everyone pick? I'm considering going very offensive as it seems increasingly difficult to pick the high scoring defenders lately. This in turn means a dreadful cheap defence. 

2 cheap goalies,

I've lost it haven't I? 
    414022.PNG

I wouldn't have Jag or Collins at the back. Or Martinez in goal, too short term and they are down Kos, so not all that likely to get a CS.
    Pickford would be a better option IMO

2 cheap goalies,

I've lost it haven't I? 
    414022.PNG

I wouldn't have Jag or Collins at the back. Or Martinez in goal, too short term and they are down Kos, so not all that likely to get a CS.
    Pickford would be a better option IMO
    I've heard Martinez is starting in goal tomorrow so for 4.0 million and good match up so for this week i'll go with him over Pickford. I'd plan to bring Pickford in after this gw. I'll try upgrade Jags to Davies but every 0.1 is tight now. After 3 GW's I'll go Lukaku to Origin/Gab/Deeney etc. and have money for defence then. 
    Who would your cut price defenders be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

If you are on a wildcard just bring in Pickford now, you will likely need that transfer for another player.

PVA wrote: »
    If you are on a wildcard just bring in Pickford now, you will likely need that transfer for another player.
    I was going to keep 0.1m in the bank and transfer him in next week. Martinez away against CP. or Pickford home to United... Possibly a 0-0. I'll look at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I was going to keep 0.1m in the bank and transfer him in next week. Martinez away against CP. or Pickford home to United... Possibly a 0-0. I'll look at it again.

You've a limited number of free transfers left. I'd pick your keepers for the rest of the season in your WC. Away against Palace isn't so straight forward as it was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm quite happy to play Pickford this weekend and I'm even a Utd fan! Definitely a better move to bring him in now on your WC than play Martinez.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm not sure what to do this week, either

A) Bank
    B) Siggy and Lukaku to Ward-Prowse and Aguero
    C) Vardy or Llorente to Origi
    D) Sanchez to whoever I want

I want to give Siggy and Lukaku another week or two. Especially Siggy as Swansea will be in fight or flight mode. You all seem to be of the opinion that Vardy will be rested this week but I'm not entirely sold on that idea. Yes, Leicester are in a better position than a few weeks ago but they still need a few points. Plus, he's been resting for most of the season he should be in grand shape to play a couple of matches.

Currently my team is

Heaton
    Alonso, McAuley, Rojo
    Siggy, Ali, Eriksen, King, Sanchez
    Vardy, Lukaka

Jaku, Llorente, Pieters, Amat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm petrified this week.
    I've concerns re. Coutinho Sane and Pedro (assuming Big Handsome A Carroll starts.)
    I'm afraid to get Zlatan in case he's saved for Europe. Kane back next week. Sanchez not in my team.
    Saving FT atm

carnie wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to do this week, either

A) Bank
    B) Siggy and Lukaku to Ward-Prowse and Aguero
    C) Vardy or Llorente to Origi
    D) Sanchez to whoever I want

I want to give Siggy and Lukaku another week or two.  Especially Siggy as Swansea will be in fight or flight mode.  You all seem to be of the opinion that Vardy will be rested this week but I'm not entirely sold on that idea.  Yes, Leicester are in a better position than a few weeks ago but they still need a few points.  Plus, he's been resting for most of the season he should be in grand shape to play a couple of matches.

Currently my team is

Heaton
    Alonso, McAuley, Rojo
    Siggy, Ali, Eriksen, King, Sanchez
    Vardy, Lukaka

Jaku, Llorente, Pieters, Amat
    I'm going to keep Lukaku for another 3 weeks. Home to Leister, Home to BURNLEY and away to WH. Keeping with the pretense that his home form is explosive. Then when Everton are comfortably in 7th and he relaxes I'll ship him out.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    I'm petrified this week.
    I've concerns re. Coutinho Sane and Pedro (assuming Big Handsome A Carroll starts.)
    I'm afraid to get Zlatan in case he's saved for Europe. Kane back next week. Sanchez not in my team.
    Saving FT atm

Zlatan has played every minute he's been fit and available this season.
    I think Lukaku will play until the end, he's in the shop window, the Adebayor effect

Advertisement