Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 32 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Time to sell Chambers?

Not unless you are struggling to field a back 3 this week. He is due back from injury and there is an excellent chance he will get back into the team and has DGW34 to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Thinking of getting ozil in, think he could have a late resurgence. Tweaking current forward line of llorente Lukaku and vardy might take priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So I have woke up to find I have done Siggy to Zaha. Wanted Zaha, wasn't sure at time if I wanted to let go of Siggy. But its done now, and moral is dont do make important decisions on lack of sleep.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

GW34 is a tough one to call. Man Utd has two games but they're both away games which has a psychological impact on players. It's about travel and home comforts v sleep/out of comfort zone for the 'away' teams.

For me personally, I will be banking it this week to have 2 free transfers on GW33. This will see the sale of Sánchez and Defoe for Agüero and King.

Agüero seems to be finally picking up form, too bad it's at the tail end of the PL. King is also doing surprisingly well.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Yep, you missed DGW29

Surely you meant GW 24? Troll Lukaku and those 4 goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any of ye Sané owners not worried he'll be rested for the Hull match and Sterling comes back into the starting lineup?

I wasn't until you said it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm going to bank and wait for news on Kane and gabbiadini and hopefully all the DGWs
    Sterling will hopefully give me parting gift to make up for losing .2 and being useless
    Llorente too but he may stay for a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another Siggy to Sane here. Ibra would be a temptation were it not for City's fixture, because Aguero is the only person I could afford to bring him in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Is Barragan's place under threat from anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭Shedite27

siblers wrote: »
    Time to sell Siggy and Alonso
    Alonso - 0 clean sheets and 1 assist in 6 games
    Siggy - Nothing in 3 games
    Sanchez - Nothing in 2 games

Some of the "season keepers" certainly going through dry spells but I'm not panicking yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Shedite27 wrote: »

Some of the "season keepers" certainly going through dry spells but I'm not panicking yet

I've not seen last night's highlights but from what I heard, Sanchez could have had a couple of goals, it looks like Arsenal may be about to return to form, if so, I think Sanchez will come good again.
    As for Siggy, he struggled without Llorente but with funds not being much of an issue, I can go for Alli or Eriksen.
    I don't know what to say about Alonso, every game looks like he should score but is failing to do so, not sure who to sell him for though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FHFC wrote: »
    Surely 34 is about the worst week to Wildcard?? What's your logic?

Unless you completely ignore DGW34 you're gonna end up stick with Boro and Palace players with crap final fixtures (ok palaces not too bad) and no 2nd DGW. United could be in full Europa mode even if worth having for 34.

An no matter how well you plan ahead you'll only have 3fts to negotiate Arsenal/Soton DGW35/36 and the huge DGW37.

Unless your team is totally screwed I'd try to make it to 35 if you feel you can hold out till 34 anyway.
    Aye, you're right. With hindsight I should have wildcarded in 30, left a lot of points behind but I may as as well hold till we know the final DGW fixtures.
    My biggest problem is trying to use my WC, BB and TC chip in consecutive gameweeks, I'll probably have to TC in 34/35, WC in 36 and BB in 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Time to sell Costa I wonder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Sterling out!
    Lukaku out!
    Siggy out!
    Maybe just 2 of the above. Don't know who's​ in yet. Sané, Vardy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I would recommend keeping Lukaku and Siggy. Lukaku has 3 of the most Lukaku fixtures approaching, and Swansea will be playing for their lives now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

gammygils wrote: »
    Sterling out!
    Lukaku out!
    Siggy out!
    Maybe just 2 of the above. Don't know who's​ in yet. Sané, Vardy?

Definitely keep Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Time to sell Siggy and Alonso

I'm keeping siggy till 37
    Nice fixtures and history has showed he will start to return consistently again soon
    Probably starting with west ham
    I'll probably captain Sanchez this weekend again
    I'd be tempted to sell Alonso if I had him and needed funds

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I've been pondering the same about Siggy. Swansea have it all to play for so they might pull the finger out. I think I might give him another week.

In terms of the bottom teams fighting to stay in the EPL who would you consider bringing in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Time to sell Costa I wonder...

He's certainly on the chopping block, with Ibra, Kane and Benteke possible replacements depending on fitness and DGWs of all concerned.

Thinking of selling Alonso, but unsure who for. Already have Man U and Spurs defenders and there are no stand out options elsewhere.

The extra cash could come in handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Siggy is a player I never seem to have at the right time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote:
    I would recommend keeping Lukaku and Siggy. Lukaku has 3 of the most Lukaku fixtures approaching, and Swansea will be playing for their lives now.

Yeah a bit of an overreaction on here I think. Wasn't expecting much from Lukaku against Utd or Siggy against Spurs.
    I'll definitely be keeping both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

vardy out for Kun and siggy out for coutinho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

spock. wrote: »
    Is Barragan's place under threat from anyone?

I think the short answer is no.
    Chambers could play instead to give him a rest.
    Boro press conference tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Benimar wrote: »
    Thinking of selling Alonso, but unsure who for. Already have Man U and Spurs defenders and there are no stand out options elsewhere.

The extra cash could come in handy though.

Have you any Boro defenders?....DGW in 34.

Have you any Boro defenders?....DGW in 34.

Technically..I have Chambers and hoping he is fit. Plan to swap him for Yoshida in GW35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Thinking without sanchez having a place up top anymore might be time to get rid? Thinking of dumping him and vardy not sure of best options yet tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Probably going to bank this week. Holding on to Llorente in the hope he gets fit for the next 3 matches.

My issue will be who to bench between Zaha (ARS) and King (CHE)...leaning towards King at the moment, Arsenal can be very poor away from home.

The rest of my bench will be Heaton (mid), Nyom (SOU) and Holgate (LEI). Very tempted to BB. Worth it or should I just hold out to DGWs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Need a defender under 4.4m. Torn between Olsson and Stephens. What do you guys think? I can't bring in Holgate as I already have 3 Everton players. I already have Yoshida and Ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aye, you're right. With hindsight I should have wildcarded in 30, left a lot of points behind but I may as as well hold till we know the final DGW fixtures.
    My biggest problem is trying to use my WC, BB and TC chip in consecutive gameweeks, I'll probably have to TC in 34/35, WC in 36 and BB in 37.

Yeah, having TC to fit in does make it a bit more complicated. Your best hope its that the Arsenal DGW is in GW36 so you can build up a few DGWers for GW34, WC in GW35, TC in DGW36, BB in DGW37.

If the Arsenal/Soton double is confirmed for GW35 it will be tricky to transition from a DGW34 team to a DGW35 team without the WC which leaves you looking at maybe using TC in DWG34 (where the options are not that great), WC into DGW35 and BB in DGW37.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Need a defender under 4.4m. Torn between Olsson and Stephens. What do you guys think? I can't bring in Holgate as I already have 3 Everton players. I already have Yoshida and Ward.

Wait for news on Chambers, if not the Barragan seems fairly secure.

Advertisement