Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Holby City

• 29-11-2016 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Is there a Holby City thread already in existence. If not, who are your favourite characters, and plot lines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aiffric

I just started watching it lately for the Serena/Bernie story. I'm sad I never watched it before because it's actually brilliant?
    I'm now weirdly invested in way too many of the plots. It's a really well written show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yes, I'm the same. So many strands to each episode. The new Italian character, is it inevitable that he will get together with Jac? The Dominic/Isaac storyline is sweet. Bernie and Serena, there's probably a bit more mileage in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love holby. It's a sad state of affairs that my happy Saturday nights consist of holby+crisps +wine

Ah feic it I've to go out later so I'll miss it
    :(

Lisha, are you thinking of Casualty?

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    Lisha, are you thinking of Casualty?

Oh feic yes, casualty is Saturday and holby is Tuesday. I work evenings every second week so I'm slightly out of the loop re holby.
    I enjoy them both though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Anyone still watching? The wedding episode was brilliant!

I couldn't understand if the wedding is meant to be post Christmas or not. Looking at the background it was filmed in summer. It was a real feelgood episode, I loved seeing Jac sloshed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I thought it was the best episode in ages. Agree re Jac, she was priceless.

It's on Wednesday next week.

Thanks LynnGrace, I don't want to miss my fix. I wonder is the Rossini/Jac situation a slow burner, and the inevitable will happen??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Holby city was amazing tonight. I have a pain in my stomach from the shock I got at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Holby city was amazing tonight. I have a pain in my stomach from the shock I got at the end.

very powerful storyline that is - i would make it that dom has internal injuries from that punch and starts bleeding internally and admitted and then all fingers pointing to his fella

very powerful storyline that is - i would make it that dom has internal injuries from that punch and starts bleeding internally and admitted and then all fingers pointing to his fella
    I really have a pain in my stomach. I thought they were going to hug. Omg what a bloody punch and then he started kicking him round the place. They are both amazing actors.

It was a powerful but tragic ending.. poor Dom

Have to say uk soaps all very good at the moment. But holby city is way out in front. Marc elliott was good in eastenders but is fantastic now in holby. He is frightening.

I hope Zorsha comes out the hero in all of this, she has already marked his cards, and is looking out for Dom

I hope Zorsha comes out the hero in all of this, she has already marked his cards, and is looking out for Dom
    Yeah . Hopefully. Issac has already tried to ruin her relationship with her partner by telling about the abortion. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Must say it's an amazing story line. Not often covered by soaps.

The way the tension was built up in that episode of Holby was really good. The violence was a shock, but yet not unexpected. I wonder where it will all lead. Did Issac tell Mr Levy that Dom went to Hansen? So many great storylines, my favourite programme by a mile.

I have no life. I was asked out tomorrow night for a session at 8.30pm. I said brilliant! . But won't be able to get there until 9.30pm. Omg you posters will understand why. So embarrassed.

I have no life. I was asked out tomorrow night for a session at 8.30pm. I said brilliant! . But won't be able to get there until 9.30pm. Omg you posters will understand why. So embarrassed.

yep - you have to prioritise :)

• Advertisement

yep - you have to prioritise :)
    I can still feel that punch from last week. Ugh. Should be good tomorrow night. Change from eastenders tonight and ian sneaking a packet of peanuts. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I can still feel that punch from last week. Ugh. Should be good tomorrow night. Change from eastenders tonight and ian sneaking a packet of peanuts. Ha
    And you wont see a nurse resuscitating a mobile phone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Woo hoo. First time ever I'm happy that I thought it was Wednesday when it's only Tuesday. Is this on BBC player as I want to watch last weeks episode.

I'm working this evening so I'll miss it :(

I hate that the BBC player doesnt work here :(

Woo hoo. First time ever I'm happy that I thought it was Wednesday when it's only Tuesday. Is this on BBC player as I want to watch last weeks episode.
    Yeah make sure you watch last week's episode first. Its the best soap on imo at present

Ah noooh this clashes with the secret life of the zoo which I've really got into. Does holby get repeat viewings during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Ah noooh this clashes with the secret life of the zoo which I've really got into. Does holby get repeat viewings during the week?

It's at a mad time like Sat night Sun morning about 2:40am and at that I think it is for hearing impaired (bloke in the corner).

*No offence to the hearing impaired.

Edit: Dumbarse question but have you not got C4+1?

Last week's episode is on YouTube, so I expect someone will put up tonight's episode.

It's at a mad time like Sat night Sun morning about 2:40am and at that I think it is for hearing impaired (bloke in the corner).

*No offence to the hearing impaired.

Edit: Dumbarse question but have you not got C4+1?

Not dumbarse at all as most people would have some sort of tv subscription nowadays but no I don't have any +1 channels. It's like I'm a caveperson with just 17 channels :P :D

In the end I went with Secret life of the Zoo as I do love that and I can catch up on Holby online (somebody said it's on Youtube if I struggle with BBC Player)

• Advertisement

Not dumbarse at all as most people would have some sort of tv subscription nowadays but no I don't have any +1 channels. It's like I'm a caveperson with just 17 channels :P :D

In the end I went with Secret life of the Zoo as I do love that and I can catch up on Holby online (somebody said it's on Youtube if I struggle with BBC Player)

I got a cheapie free to air box in Aldi or Lidl (forget which) and it does the +1 channels. Those boxes have come down a lot in price in regular electrical stores.

Advertisement