Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Holby City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

madmaggie wrote: »
    I got a cheapie free to air box in Aldi or Lidl (forget which) and it does the +1 channels. Those boxes have come down a lot in price in regular electrical stores.

Hmmm. Are they the same as the "Dodgy Boxes" that were out years ago? If bought in Aldi or Lidl sure they can't be "Dodgy" anymore.

Is it just an android box that will require an internet connection or is it something entirely different? Sorry for the questions, just wasn't aware that some of those channels could be picked up without a subscription to Sky or VM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The acting in the Dom and Isaac story is superb.

I hope though that we soon get a light hearted episode...the wedding was one of my favourite episodes in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Aunt Peggy from Heartbeat looked well all scrubbed up with her multi-colour hair and her 'amsteads polished. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

madmaggie wrote: »
    I got a cheapie free to air box in Aldi or Lidl (forget which) and it does the +1 channels. Those boxes have come down a lot in price in regular electrical stores.

Hmmm. Are they the same as the "Dodgy Boxes" that were out years ago? If bought in Aldi or Lidl sure they can't be "Dodgy" anymore.

Is it just an android box that will require an internet connection or is it something entirely different? Sorry for the questions, just wasn't aware that some of those channels could be picked up without a subscription to Sky or VM.
    No, not an Android or internet box. A bog standard free to air box, Silvercrest brand, the dish came with it. I got a man to install it, never a problem. All the regional BBC and ITV channels, and +1 for ITV and channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Lee Mead coming/moving to Holby as Lofty and Jaye Jacobs back as Donna Jackson (spring 2017). I liked Lofty, still in the repeats on RTE.

BBC – Holby City

p04sc4c9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Lee Mead coming/moving to Holby as Lofty and Jaye Jacobs back as Donna Jackson (spring 2017). I liked Lofty, still in the repeats on RTE.

BBC – Holby City

p04sc4c9.jpg

oh good, I liked Lofty too, likeable character - cannot remember Donna that much ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I hadn't watched Holby for years but I was staying with my Aunt for a while and she's mad for it and I got sucked back in by the Jasmine/Jac story line. I caught up on episodes starting last summer and needless to say I am now traumatised :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I know they're older posts but wondering how there are people staying in to watch a program or looking for repeats during the night? Can they not record the series and watch whenever suits?

I haven't seen it for a few weeks, the sunshine is too tempting, also had visitors, so tv goes off. I'd rather chat. Still, when the evenings get dark, I'll be hooked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭Lisha

tina1040 wrote: »
    I know they're older posts but wondering how there are people staying in to watch a program or looking for repeats during the night? Can they not record the series and watch whenever suits?

I don't have sky therefore I don't have sky plus.

I am unable to record programs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I have some episodes to catch up on, but just read that
    Guy Self is returning! I love the way he and Jac spark off one another

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I like him, hes a good character/actor

LynnGrace wrote: »
    That should liven things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Forgot this was on twice this week and only caught the last few minutes. Can someone give me a summary please what happened.

absolutely fantastic gripping episode tonight
    Hanssen's son fredrik went on a shooting rampage inside the hospital, he has killed Rav,
    has shot at jac Naylor and at oliver valentine and they are critical condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Just finished watching it now. Brilliant episode. Bawling like a baby I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Thanks Andy. Saw it was trending on twitter when it was too late to watch.

Will have to find the episodes somewhere to watch.

Episodes often appear on YouTube quite quickly

yes I was going to suggest youtube as well seeing as we cannot get BBC iPlayer here in Ireland

That was a fantastic episode. I was trying to figure out who it was, I thought nasty Isaac had returned. It must have been very intense filming it, plus massive resources for the whole set up. Hugely impressive.

• Advertisement

I was thinking it was that man who's mother died and ric was in trouble over said to jac the other week 'you are going to regret getting in the way when she blocked him from grabbing the other nurse. had my mind up it was him most of the way along , until it dawned on me who it really was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I was thinking it was that man who's mother died and ric was in trouble over said to jac the other week 'you are going to regret getting in the way when she blocked him from grabbing the other nurse. had my mind up it was him most of the way along , until it dawned on me who it really was!

It never dawned on me at all, I was genuinely shocked to see his face but then it all made sense! Thought it was it man who's mother died.

nikkibikki wrote: »
    It never dawned on me at all, I was genuinely shocked to see his face but then it all made sense! Thought it was it man who's mother died.

even at one stage rick griffin said to the swat team that he knew who was behind it and he mentioned the name of the fella who's mother died - i see now what they were doing , throwing the viewer off the scent that it was fredrik hansenn

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Drama channel showing Holby from the beginning from Monday March 11. No time for it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So Holby city coming to an end, Probably long over Due, had become just silly over the past few years. Used to enjoy it when there was genuine Drama, Realistic story lines then it descended into relationships drama and tiresome sagas, ludicrous story lines took over with some pretty dreadful actor's . It's been a long, slow and painful death really and required life support years ago (Pun actually intended) :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

What!!! It’s finishing, oh no I love it. Yes I agree it’s ludicrous but I really enjoy watching it. But i have been waiting for it to get better like it was before...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Lisha wrote: »
    What!!! It’s finishing, oh no I love it. Yes I agree it’s ludicrous but I really enjoy watching it. But i have been waiting for it to get better like it was before...

Me too but gosh there's been some terrible story lines of late :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Only watch Casualty but I must say I was in shock when I heard the news.

Holby will be on tv until March ‘23 ... so will have to time to wean myself off ....but agree the storylines were off the wall lately.
    Really wanted to slap Dom ....sorry Dominic last night. Hate the way they ruined his character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm shocked it was cancelled I thought it with Casualty were ratings high hitters

Advertisement