Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holby City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I was thinking it was that man who's mother died and ric was in trouble over said to jac the other week 'you are going to regret getting in the way when she blocked him from grabbing the other nurse. had my mind up it was him most of the way along , until it dawned on me who it really was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I was thinking it was that man who's mother died and ric was in trouble over said to jac the other week 'you are going to regret getting in the way when she blocked him from grabbing the other nurse. had my mind up it was him most of the way along , until it dawned on me who it really was!

It never dawned on me at all, I was genuinely shocked to see his face but then it all made sense! Thought it was it man who's mother died.

nikkibikki wrote: »
    It never dawned on me at all, I was genuinely shocked to see his face but then it all made sense! Thought it was it man who's mother died.

even at one stage rick griffin said to the swat team that he knew who was behind it and he mentioned the name of the fella who's mother died - i see now what they were doing , throwing the viewer off the scent that it was fredrik hansenn

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Drama channel showing Holby from the beginning from Monday March 11. No time for it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,023 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So Holby city coming to an end, Probably long over Due, had become just silly over the past few years. Used to enjoy it when there was genuine Drama, Realistic story lines then it descended into relationships drama and tiresome sagas, ludicrous story lines took over with some pretty dreadful actor's . It's been a long, slow and painful death really and required life support years ago (Pun actually intended) :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

What!!! It’s finishing, oh no I love it. Yes I agree it’s ludicrous but I really enjoy watching it. But i have been waiting for it to get better like it was before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,023 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Lisha wrote: »
    What!!! It’s finishing, oh no I love it. Yes I agree it’s ludicrous but I really enjoy watching it. But i have been waiting for it to get better like it was before...

Me too but gosh there's been some terrible story lines of late :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Only watch Casualty but I must say I was in shock when I heard the news.

Holby will be on tv until March ‘23 ... so will have to time to wean myself off ....but agree the storylines were off the wall lately.
    Really wanted to slap Dom ....sorry Dominic last night. Hate the way they ruined his character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm shocked it was cancelled I thought it with Casualty were ratings high hitters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Only watch Casualty but I must say I was in shock when I heard the news.

"Stand back"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I read the BBC post, but still not sure of the reason behind the decision. Perhaps Covid was the last straw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I came very late to the Holby City party, as only started watching in Spring 2016, one of the last episodes before the Arthur Digby character died.
    Agree that some storylines have been far-fetched, however many of the actors have been really good ones: Paul McGann, Catherine Russell...
    Will miss it when it is gone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

I know the drama channel is showing the old seasons of this, when they finish up, anyone knows if they will reset and show the old seasons from the very start?

I am waiting for the episode when Holby City windows 95 computers get hacked and every patients confidential notes are held for a ransom :D

• Advertisement

It's now on BBC2 tonight at 7.50PM due to last minute Tennis change.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    It's now on BBC2 tonight at 7.50PM due to last minute Tennis change.

I knew this was happening and forgot to record it in sky… it’s being repeated 5/7 @ 2:45am on bbc2 if anyone needs to catch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I haven't watched it for a few weeks. I sat down tonight but couldn't get into it. For such a long time it was my must see programme.

It's 2021 we need BBC IPlayer now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm a blubbering mess 😪

• Advertisement
Advertisement