Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Street Development Granted

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Max Powers wrote: »
    You could head up there for look.

Ah I know that, I just mean, if you knew this or that part was being done on X date or was done, you could wander up for a look. It just seemed like a big dirty building site for ages there so I'd kind of forgotten about the actual end results. The paving looks really nice so I definitely want to head up for a gawk.
    I don't live in the city itself so I wouldn't always be in there so it'd be nice to see regular updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

erica74 wrote: »
    Ah I know that, I just mean, if you knew this or that part was being done on X date or was done, you could wander up for a look. It just seemed like a big dirty building site for ages there so I'd kind of forgotten about the actual end results. The paving looks really nice so I definitely want to head up for a gawk.
    I don't live in the city itself so I wouldn't always be in there so it'd be nice to see regular updates.

True, they have a good site for the luas cross city works in Dublin, where you can see progress, different areas, timelines etc.comes down to resources I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Took these this morning

Apple_Market_Roof_D.jpg

Apple_Market_Roof_C.jpg

Apple_Market_Roof_B.jpg

Apple_Market_Roof_A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Took these this morning

Great stuff Harry, it's going up fast. I thought the place was paved though?

Point in paving until the machinery is out of the area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Point in paving until the machinery is out of the area!

Exactly what i was thinking but a few here said it was paved

Must have been referring to the grey brickwork around the edges, unless you were mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I dunno why but I was expecting it to be taller

Everything apart from the pub is three stories I think so that's the height.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I just hope it doesn't become a smoking area for the many pubs in the area...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Fine Gaels "Final Solution" to the homelessness crisis. Put a roof on it. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Sosurface wrote: »
    Fine Gaels "Final Solution" to the homelessness crisis. Put a roof on it. Be grand.

Hilarious stuff alright, we will see similar structure pop up on all major urban centers so over the next couple of years. All part of the grand plan to solve homeless problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Hilarious stuff alright, we will see similar structure pop up on all major urban centers so over the next couple of years. All part of the grand plan to solve homeless problem

FG has nothing to do with this so unusual comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Max Powers wrote: »
    FG has nothing to do with this so unusual comments.

Only if it's being sold off will they any input or involvment!

The Pontius Pilate approach, "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"

Only if it's being sold off will they any input or involvment!

The Pontius Pilate approach, "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"

You could bore this forum to death with your one note bull**** :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭April1

Where on the street is it being built? Is it where the taxi rank is?

I see the car park is now closed which must be a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BazzFan123

Hopefully - great news if so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The car park has been closed since mid January

Fair enough (you can tell how often I'm in that neck of the woods)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The car park closed because of insurance reasons I think I read in the N&S. The cost of getting it up to scratch to meet insurance needs was pointless as it was more or likely going to be bulldozed in a few months time.

Advertisement