Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

deisedav wrote: »
    Just having a look at the 50/50 juices but it doesn't say what flavours are there and can't find any sort of description . Any ideas there kingaaa

I got all 80/20 myself....the names are fairly self-explanitory except for the Dragon range which are mainly fruits with a menthol kick. I know Pluid is Citrus and Aniseed, and the 2 Aces are like soother-lozengers. There are a few reviews on youtube if your stuck for any particular flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Thanks for that I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dinner Lady - Lemon Tart. My favourite lemony vape found to date, really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Alvini Home Brew from ecigshop

I won these in a draw and said I would do a review even though I'm not particularly talented in this area :)

Please remember that taste is subjective and mine has been described as " weird " :D

Vanilla Nuttz - I struggled with this one at the start feeling the nutty flavour over powering but after a day of the coil settling in it got really tasty . It's thick and creamy and the taste for me was vanilla, peanut butter and hazelnutty . It definitely gets better after a day or so as the coil becomes saturated .

Rainbow Jacks - I found this one to be both sweet and tangy , it's fruity and kinda tastes of dessert jelly . I also thought I got a taste of peaches in there .

Fruity Vanilla Ice Cream - And this is where the ' taste is subjective ' part comes in , I really didn't like this and the taste I got from it was more like sour milk, I also felt it tasted very chemically ...... but......... for two of my friends , this is their favourite and my wife says it smells like Baileys so what do I know .

Pink Lemonade - This is fruity and fizzy and for me it kind of tastes like the old swizzle matlow sweets ( if anyone remembers them ) . The taste is kinda muted and nothing really jumps out at me except the fizzyness . It's also sweet but not sickly sweet .

Mr.White - Another fan favourite that really didn't do it for me . It's a minty blueberry bubblegum flavour that just kept reminding me of mouthwash . It's not too sweet and I get all the flavours but it's not for me . ...... I just realised , this is great if you have a head cold , it's one of the few juices I can actually taste, well played Mr.White, well played indeed .

Menthol Kiss - I know that some of the Menthol users like their menthol really strong and I'm not sure this would be for them . It's a bit more subtle , it's still menthol but it doesn't kick you in the throat when you inhale . The strawberries and raspberries are there in equal parts to the menthol so it doesn't overpower them . Nice , if you are looking for an easy menthol flavour .

Overall I thought the Alvini Homebrew line was aimed more at flavour than cloud chasing, I'm not sure of the mix but I'd guess it's maybe max 70% vg but maybe less ( I probably should have asked ) . It seems to be reasonably priced in line with other 30ml bottles . I can't really comment on throat hit as I am down to 3mg so throat hit isn't really a thing for me anymore . All of the juices were sampled in a Wotofo Serpent with a .5 SS coil using a DNA 75 with temp control and as I said at the start I won them in an instore raffle .

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

has anyone tried bomb pop from republic of vape?
    seems very good value
    https://republicofvape.ie/shop/bomb-pop-150ml/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Started using an e-cig last couple of week as a way to give up the smokes. Find it really usefull, but...

I have been using the home brand liquid in the e-cig store. I find them to be very bland. Can anyone recommend a line that is full on flavour? I can flip between the 12mg or 18 (16?)mg liquids. In particular would be looking for fruits, sweet or menthol flavours as i discovered i don't actually like the taste of tobacco. Who woulda thought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

gufc21 wrote: »
    Started using an e-cig last couple of week as a way to give up the smokes. Find it really usefull, but...

I have been using the home brand liquid in the e-cig store. I find them to be very bland. Can anyone recommend a line that is full on flavour? I can flip between the 12mg or 18 (16?)mg liquids. In particular would be looking for fruits, sweet or menthol flavours as i discovered i don't actually like the taste of tobacco. Who woulda thought it?

I haven't tried a tobacco flavour for 8 years,did try to replace Old Holborn,I went mad on bakery flavours,never got on with fruits,here is one place to try,I love their Nut Juice & Sour Fruits,my taste will never be the same as others,everyone is different,watch out for the Fizzy Lemonade,it is very harsh to the throat & many of us have agreed on that...

http://e-smokeireland.com/e-juice/wingnuts-premium-e-liquid/premium-e-liquid/

Here is another vendor...http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/22-e-liquid

They both have a discount code for 10% off if you spend more than 60 €

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is there anything i should be looking for that would indicate a stronger flavour as opposed to nicotine taste?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is there anything i should be looking for that would indicate a stronger flavour as opposed to nicotine taste?

It's all trial & error with all juices,I have dumped many over the years & also mixed juices together to try & have them vapable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

I been vaping gypsy juice a lot recently. Marrakesh and Razor's Edge are really good but Tiger's Blood is just gorgeous, I can't recommend it enough and 20 quid for 120ml is a steal.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/e-liquid/689-120ml-gypsy-juice-eliquid.html

Edit: and order before 1pm and it's delivered the next day nationwide..

• Advertisement

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    I been vaping gypsy juice a lot recently. Marrakesh and Razor's Edge are really good but Tiger's Blood is just gorgeous, I can't recommend it enough and 20 quid for 120ml is a steal.

The White Lightning Donut & Unicorn Cake are nice as well,6mg is the highest nic in this range,excellent for DL sub ohming,for MTL vaping I add nicotine to it...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/e-liquid/690-120ml-white-lighting-eliquid.html

Nice one, might pick one up at the end of the month. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

The White Lightning Donut & Unicorn Cake are nice as well,6mg is the highest nic in this range,excellent for DL sub ohming,for MTL vaping I add nicotine to it...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/e-liquid/690-120ml-white-lighting-eliquid.html
    have tried unicorn cake and tigers blood, both lovely. but if you like something different the green fairy is amazing stuff

Anyone else noticed the coils from thebestshop give off a smokey taste? No matter how well I prime them and how long i wait before hitting the fire button coils for the nautilis and the melo3 mini tank always give off a smokey taste for ages before settling down. I can get coils in the local shop for twice the price and theyre always fine..
    I get the feeling the ones online are not the genuine article..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Anyone else noticed the coils from thebestshop give off a smokey taste? No matter how well I prime them and how long i wait before hitting the fire button coils for the nautilis and the melo3 mini tank always give off a smokey taste for ages before settling down. I can get coils in the local shop for twice the price and theyre always fine..
    I get the feeling the ones online are not the genuine article..:(

I get my BVC coils from Fasttech, delivery is a sh!te but just stock up. Never got a dud yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Just ordered myself some Druid's Brew Bread of Heaven. Supposed to be a unique tobacco juice. Will let you know what I think when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have to big up Doozy Vape, in particular Pink Haze.....that lemon hit on the way out is something special. Have Orange Chill & Avalanche to get going on too.

Also Psycho Bunny Twister, almost exactly like the ice cream :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Got a bottle of tigers blood today.

My god its outrageous.

Easily the nicest sweet vape I've ever tasted, im trying to cut down so went for the 12mg, its just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is the Blu Rain flavour nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Got a bottle of tigers blood today.

My god its outrageous.

Easily the nicest sweet vape I've ever tasted, im trying to cut down so went for the 12mg, its just perfect.

What tank do you use to vape? 12mg is pretty high by today's standards. I was on 12 when coils were an average 1.5-2ohm, but with most coils being in the 0.2 - 0.6 range nowadays I'm down to 3mg. Still get a good hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What tank do you use to vape? 12mg is pretty high by today's standards. I was on 12 when coils were an average 1.5-2ohm, but with most coils being in the 0.2 - 0.6 range nowadays I'm down to 3mg. Still get a good hit.

Im using the Nautilus Aspire X with a 1.8 ohm coil.

Up until I got the tiger blood I was on 24mg between menthol and blueberry.

My missus is due our first child in April so has been at me to pack it in altogether so cutting to 12 is the first step for me.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Im using the Nautilus Aspire X with a 1.8 ohm coil.

Up until I got the tiger blood I was on 24mg between menthol and blueberry.

My missus is due our first child in April so has been at me to pack it in altogether so cutting to 12 is the first step for me.

AH makes good sense then. I was on 18mg at one point, dropped to 12, then 6, and now 3. Dropping coil resistance helped me a lot with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

AH makes good sense then. I was on 18mg at one point, dropped to 12, then 6, and now 3. Dropping coil resistance helped me a lot with that.

Where do you get your 3mg juice from and what size bottles? Thanks.

Hal1 wrote: »

I mix my own juice these days, but you should be able to get 3mg from any juice vendor. Before I was DIYing, I used to buy the likes of One hit wonder, or white lightening, the 120 - 180ml bottles. They were about the best value at the tie, but if you buy online there's tonnes of options I imagine

I used to get these ones:

http://www.e-shop.ie/120-ml-unicorn-cake-by-white-lightning-in-ireland/p928193

http://www.e-shop.ie/120ml-s.k.y-by-white-lightning-now-in-ireland/p928191

Not specifically from that site, but €20 for 120ml is a steal. It's alright juice, nothing amazing, but good value. And they have 3mg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hal1 wrote: »

Try fusionhaze.co.uk , my favourite liquid by far - if you like the sweet stuff go for Blue Slush, Jolly Rancher, Dragons Delight or Blue Mellow.... £15 for 100ml with free UK shipping (then add €4 for parcel Motel)... the guy that runs it Doug is a gent - he'll even mix flavours up for you..I asked him for Dragons Blood WITHOUT the mint/aniseed kick and he did it no problem, he even asked me to name it so we called it Dragons Delight - chatting to him the other night he said it's flying off the shelves !!!!

oh, and if you decide to start mixing your own like I'm about to, he'll sell you the concentrate of any of his flavours, £20 for 100ml so big savings to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sounds good thanks for the links. I'm actually going to start making my own blend's. So I'm looking at DIY supplies from the likes of darkstar etc, I like the idea of their nic shots they sell on there (would this be a way around the new eu law?).
    I need to stock up on the nic before they stop selling in large quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

I often skip past this when looking for juice. Something doesn't add up. How can they charge so little for so much juice? Surely the quality of the ingredients is bad?

mccard wrote: »
    I often skip past this when looking for juice. Something doesn't add up. How can they charge so little for so much juice? Surely the quality of the ingredients is bad?

Any liquid,we don't know what the quality really is,I've been vaping that cheap stuff for months now & vaping another one from the UK which is a £1 for a 10ml bottle.
    Ok,for me,the flavour is not too strong in the Gypsy range but ideal when I'm sub-ohming.
    The £1 bottles do have plenty of flavour whether I use it in a Nautilus(MTL) or a Baby Beast(DL).

:D:D:D:D you got me going,I just ordered 4 x 120ml 12mg Gypsy Juice....Green Fairy...Blu Rain...Marrakesh and Razor's Edge,with discount & free shipping,it came to €72.

• Advertisement

The White lightening juices are 'ok' - I never tried the Gypsy ones, I started DIYing just after they came out I think. The flavoring is very light in the WL ones, it's there, you get flavor but it always feels lacking. I had a bottle of their unicorn cake left when I started DIY, and added some strawberry ripe and cheesecake graham, boosted it a lot. So there's an idea, get a couple of concentrates on side, and add a few drops to your WL and Gypsy juices to boost flavor. It would still be great value.

Advertisement