Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Who?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

My God, reading this has made me feel old :(

I'm Dónal and I'm 22 now - I was in CTYI in '93 and '94 doing Media and Communications the first time, and Biotechnology the second time.

Since then, I've finished a degree in Mechanical Engineering in UL, and I'm doing my PhD there now.

The only person I've come across here that I know is Ceewa :) Any more of you out there from the early days?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

hola..

im nikki, only went to CTYI once..which was the summer of 2000 if im not mistaken..maybe i am..anywhoo ya never know, might do it this year..

->nikki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

This be my first post here, though ive been a member for about a month now.......anyhoo.......
    My names Maggie, Maggie O'Connor. Sesh 1 2000 (International history), 2001 (Art) and 2002 (Archaeology a). Not sure if i know many people, I know bob (yay!), and jack (bazookatone guy) and if Asuka is adam from inter. hist. sesh1 2000, i also know him, though he probably wont remember/know me cuz i was small and innocent and quiet and non-meish and stuff, so, yeah. I also know fishie ailbhe, you were in my RA group in 2000! and shoeless ailbhe, cuz our parents have been friends since forever or something. And her sister, orla. I dont know if theres any one else i know, any one else here know me? But id probably know a lot of people to see....
    And for people from sesh 1 this year, im not magaggie, im the other maggie, maggie no.2 if you will.......hmm.......
    stop with the bob-bashing. In public anyway....unless you mean it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eva

Originally posted by Mbabazi
    ...the perennial CTYIzens like Abie Philbin Bowman, Kat Williams, Eoin Carolan, Daryl Hanberry...

You know, someone told me they'd spotted my name alright but...! <blushes> :)

Big hello to all my kids from back in the day, hope life's treating you well, esp those of you have I haven't managed to run into randomly while catching buses or bouncin at gigs.
    Likewise to the 94/95 people, nice to know I'm not the only truly old oldie floating by :)

Phew, look at all those smilies, it must be late...
    ~K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 b-pup

At last fio has managed & convinced me into joining this goddamn thingie. Caoimhin here. The one & only I believe in the history of CTYI. Mags you're right A is Adam.
    Anyway I was IH 2000; IR 1999 {that is you is it not Clare & Jean?}; Pharmacology 1998; Archaeology 1997.
    AS to legends - they don't have to be dead; that is a myth; but here's a list of some - Kat Hannon; Abie; Daniel Ball; Gharvin Walshe & co. I am really bad w/ names so half of ye I won't be able to remember even if I do know ye.

Remember the whole world is a figment of Gharvin's imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 warped

its been 12 months since anyone here could have possibly seen me, so i imagine no-one knows who i am.... to be honest i dont kow who any of you are either.
    does anyone else have problems trying to remember anything or anyone that happened in 3 weeks of cty?.... -my mind draws a blank.
    i did art design s2 2002, arch a s2 2001 and arch s1 2000..... if anyone recollects a weirdo with a bad haircut, feel free to jog my memory.
    oh yes, my name is tom hanley.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AEGirl

Like Tom, I haven't posted anything until now. This is Samantha Kelly-Psych s2 2002. Another couple of hints- I was American. I was loud. I went around kissing as many guys as I could find (most on the cheek mind you) and gave them numbers. :ninja: <--shady face I went out with Eoin Plunkett off and on during the session.

Too bad I couldnt make any of the reunions (slight distance problem) but if any of you are coming to the states this summer (2003) let me know and you can stay with me.

Anyone know any good CTYI picture sites from last year? I'd really want to see some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Captain Planet

I feel like such an old fogey right now but anyway, all you....new ones, This is Andrew Byrne, I did IR-2000-S2 and Pol. Science-2001-S1. Now none of you know me but I have a RIGHT to be here act all resentful for being so old.:)

Thank you for the board Fio, oh and btw well done on the RA thing-you lucky little thing you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

heh... hey Phil man... want me to show you where to find Page 3 online or just snail mail you copies of the Sun? :p

All together now... "In the navy..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Hi I'm Liam.
    I did discrete maths in '01 and have just finished Computational Linguistics now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

real name's Alex. U might know me as bongo guy/ monobongo guy / guy who slaps his thighs.
    btw I'm the guy who played in the jazz improv on the bongos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

Ahoy. Me be Alison. A lot of you know me as Richards little sister. I did art + art history and i was the girl that kept building towers out of the paper cups in the canteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

Hi i'm john
    i went to legal studies session 1 02. (Dermo's ra group)
    and economics session1 03. (Keith's ra group)

SOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i'm ana, just did art and art history. i was the one with the dark hair and glasses? remember? dressed up as a dublin4 girl for the disco? wore my clothes inside out a lot? a lot of people know me as... as... do i have to say it? *sighs* wench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I may have posted here already but I don't think I did. Some of you will know this already but anyway, my name is Richard. Richard Walsh if it's me second name ye be wantin'.

I also did Computer Applications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I am Áine. Not sure if many of you know me. You may know what I look like, though - I have insanely curly, dark brown hair. I did psychology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Since Eoin now knows who i am, and thus the fun of confusion is lost, i may as well say who i am, though i know very few of you. I'm jess lacey, i was in 99,2000,and 2001. If you know me, i'm sorry, if you don't, thank your lucky stars. I have no idea who the f*** most of you are, and i'm feeling pretty damn old, especially on finding out ronan murphy is an RA (Reb, deary, if you're reading this, my mum still remembers you as the boy who first tipped her off to the fact that i might be deviant and deceptive. cheers).Nih.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i've probably posted here before but that was last year.

lisa reilly, classics. loud, overbearing ("scary and gropey" - Damn Americans, "whore" - Damn Garog), longish (originally) black hair, bottom layer of which is orangey-red. loud, overbearing, won the air-guitar thing at the variety show by kickin arizona alex's ass into the ground. dressed up as (disco) jesus for the fancydress disco. cried a lot on the last day.
    probably went up and talked to you, even though i didn't know you, because i was a little TOO confident this year. constantly sang the opera bit of eskimo (damien rice) at the top of my voice with jane (you may think my name is jane, jane is the little pretty funny one that's ****in A). played nervous with anyone and everyone (was only beaten once, damn aisling)

if anyone wants the penis list (if you don't know what i'm talking bout...you're shiiiiiiii) mail me and 'twill be done.

love and monkeys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

I be Macdara, did journalism sess 1 '01, gov & society sess 1 '02 and did Comp Ling sess1 '03.
    I'm loud, very loud, pretty obnoxious, tend to grab alot of guys and smell pretty bad. I was pretty quiet and kept to myself for most of this year, although people seem to keep thinking I'm hugh and hugh, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Be amazed at my editing job!!

seriously, you have no idea how tiring this was...i'm bout to fall over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I am aonghus, the lucky b****** hoo gets 5 years of ctyi (not including mini-ctyi :D

Ps alex you owe me bongos!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Twinkle

I'm Elaine. I did art and art history this July and it was fantastic!! I had my clothes on inside out a lot...art reasons...and I wore plaits a lot,or handlebars as a lot of guys called them. Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the Never

Well, just so you know im Matthias(the guy who tryed to get into the tallent show with his sax, had 3 spikes at the second disco, and devils horns at the 3)
    i'll message with you all
    Matthias

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 So-on

People on my home planet call me Mike...

I had green hair for a short and embarrasing time...

I did International History, which was fun. And historical...

Toodles

(rhymes with noodles... I had noodles for lunch...)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I'm Kate, i did art and art history. Like elaine. I also wore inside out clothes a lot. Like Elaine. Ooh, and I wore a plastic apron sometimes too and was generally covered in paint or charcoal most of the time. I don't know if many of you will know me, hmm how would you know me... I was the one with the colourdy hat that everyone took and wore if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Is that the hat I threw away on a rainy day because I was cranky? 'Cause I like that hat.

I've done this twice, but......

*ahem*

I am Garóg Holohan. The third. Esquire.

(seriously).

I have mostly been doing Russian in 2002 and Computational Linguistics , or What The **** to most people, in 2003. Both s2.

I'm a nevermore now, so y'all better protect your arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Well... I was also spamming and trolling...
    So was I...

I guess I'd better make another one of these for the people who can't be bothered to read back a whole page (but will be bothered to post 14 posts a day, Aonghus) If you haven't guessed my name, the all I have to say is TIMMEH! I like guns. And I'm a nevermore.

Aviation Studies S2 2001
    International Relations S2 2002
    Engineering/Quake Tournaments S1 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alucard

I am david.

Comp. Ap. 2002 s1
    Russian. 2003 s1

Eh No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'm Macdara. Or Hugh, if you get my name right. With the hat. And the hair. Macdara smells like catfood and catfood smells like me

(Four years of Saturday classes before, and then..)
    Media Studies s1, 2000
    E commerce s1, 2001
    Russian L&C s1, 2002
    Comp Linguistics s1, 2003

*sniff*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

No, Neigh and Never went, been kicked off campus a few times.

Just friends with a whole bunch of mostly nevermores and endtimers. Should/Could have gone but chickened out at last minute to go to France, in 2000 or 2001. But hey, means they don't have me on file!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement