Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Superdry jackets.

The naff co54 of this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Depp wrote: »
    a beard isn't really a ''trend'' though is it? they've been around as long as men have ffs

Beards have. But 10/15 years ago you wouldn't find a fella with a beard for love nor money. They were an old man thing. Younger guys might have a goatee at a push.

Now there's bushy beards everywhere. Beards on younger men is now definitely a fashion trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mrnew wrote: »
    Owl fellas and owl ones thinking just cause you dress nice your a Conor mcgregor wannabe. People have been dressing nice since before he came along relax there he didn't invent fashion and the same goes for beards and hait cuts, Really bugs me how backwards you all are. Then slagging people who wear all this stuff just cause there not wearing a plain jumper with baggy jeans and a pair of black Clark shoes to go with your flared denim jeans

Conor McGregor doesn't dress nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Beards have. But 10/15 years ago you wouldn't find a fella with a beard for love nor money. They were an old man thing. Younger guys might have a goatee at a push.

Now there's bushy beards everywhere. Beards on younger men is now definitely a fashion trend.

bit before my time ill concede but long may they continue! great for camouflaging a double chin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

This thread is mostly full of the following:

- older people disparaging a younger generation's trends. I'm sure this has happened since the dawn of civilisation.

- clothes that people hate because they think they would look ridiculous in them themselves.

- descriptions not of the trend itself, but of a bad effort to pull something off e.g. someone squat and heavy wearing high-waisted jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

This post has been deleted.
    Ah stop. I love that line of clothes. Can't stand old men wearing bright coloured skinny jeans. And as mentioned before "no socks " on aging men is pathetic. Showing that bit of aging ankle is a major turnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

three piece faux tweed suits with bowties, short trouser legs, shiny shoes and no socks

arrrghhh

yeah you're so individual there looking exactly like the same as the seven other douchebags to your left

I had a beard in my mid twenties - I'm 35 now.... Can't remember seeing too many peers with a beard at the time. Remember getting ready for an interview (IT) and agonising about whether or not I should shave the beard.. Rang friends and family asking them what they thought. Most people said I should shave it. Then the day before one lad said - 'f**k it, if they can't see beyond some facial hair they are probably not worth it anyway'... Anyway did the interview with the beard and got the job.

Funny considering how much that has changed - especially in IT. Young fellas without a beard are becoming the novelty.

Have to say though - I do appreciate a good beard. Bigger and bushier the better.

Owl fellas and owl ones thinking just cause you dress nice your a Conor mcgregor wannabe. People have been dressing nice since before he came along relax there he didn't invent fashion and the same goes for beards and hait cuts, Really bugs me how backwards you all are. Then slagging people who wear all this stuff just cause there not wearing a plain jumper with baggy jeans and a pair of black Clark shoes to go with your flared denim jeans

Owl fellas? Are they some sort of Tolkien inventions?

Fairly sure you mean 'auld' fellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Blackout tattoos. Originally reserved for pretentious people within the tattoo industry, it now seems to be growing in popularity with the hipster generation who got as many tattoos in as short a time as possible.

Your original tattoos must be pretty sh!t if you think a patchy black sleeve is an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Owl fellas and owl ones thinking just cause you dress nice your a Conor mcgregor wannabe...

Conor McGregor dresses like a refugee from an Oliver Twist production. He looks ridiculous most of the time.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Conor McGregor dresses like something out of Oliver Twist. He looks ridiculous most of the time.

all of the time...

but at least his tweed suits are real tweed

lawred2 wrote: »
    all of the time...

but at least his tweed suits are real tweed

So are mine. The thing is, I don't look like a performing Bonobo ape duded up for the camera when I wear one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

elefant wrote: »
    descriptions not of the trend itself, but of a bad effort to pull something off e.g. someone squat and heavy wearing high-waisted jeans.

I didn't mention any body shape although I do agree that body shape can make those high-waist yokes look even worse. I mean, take those horrible low v-neck tshirts that some men were wearing recently, awful looking.

Now they look bad enough on young skinny lads so if a person like me, on the wrong side of the big four-oh, with a squishy midriff wore it people would rightly be horrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Weird obsession with Conor McGregor on this thread...
    All the fella's slagging him - you honestly sound bitter and jealous!

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    Weird obsession with Conor McGregor on this thread...
    All the fella's slagging him - you honestly sound bitter and jealous!

I object to this little bantam-cock being held up as some sort of dress-sense benchmark for men because he's good at puckin' de lug offa de fodden lad. I understand many of the ladies here fancy a little - hah! - bit of rough, but don't let that befuddle ye too much! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

No one is telling anyone to dress like Conor McGregor, if people copy him it's hardly his fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Aging tv3 presenter alan hughes wearing clothes suitable for 18 year old youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bogfairy

Beanie hat + tight ankled low-arsed tracksuit bottoms + wolly jumper + beard + cardboard shoes - socks = absolute cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Ah, I think you'll find that there is no such thing as "too low cut" when ample bosoms are involved.

Oh there really, really can.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

jimgoose wrote: »
    I object to this little bantam-cock being held up as some sort of dress-sense benchmark for men because he's good at puckin' de lug offa de fodden lad. I understand many of the ladies here fancy a little - hah! - bit of rough, but don't let that befuddle ye too much! :D

Hold your horses there now! I am very fond of a bit of rough but Conor McGregor is nowhere near who/what I'd call fanciable. I've actually never even met/read of another female who's fancies him. Would he commonly be considered a crush?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Hold your horses there now! I am very fond of a bit of rough but Conor McGregor is nowhere near who/what I'd call fanciable. I've actually never even met/read of another female who's fancies him. Would he commonly be considered a crush?

Haha well I'm your first then Cornelius! I think he is the biggest ride on this planet. That body eek.png

I do agree that sometimes his choice of clothing is a bit questionable, but it all adds to the 'I don't give a f***' attitude he has which is attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Agree with the skinny jeans malarky.. straight jeans are nice, some skinny jeans aren't too bad but those ones that are painted on, so tight you've to wear them around your knees so as to hide the meat and 2 veg... or else pulled right up so all is on show.. those are in no way attractive lads!! apart from the fact that they don't suit most lads, they are extremely bad for sperm production.. they could be the cause of a fall in numbers of babies born from this generation!!
    Apart from that most of what annoys me has been said already!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Rule for fashion is that any clothes will always look good on healthy slim or athletic bodies.

Ugliest things I've seen around is fat girls in leggings or highwaist jeans.

Skinny lads who look like twigs wearing very tight clothing, while walking around like they have just deadlifted 250kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He's loaded, that's good enough for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭robbiezero

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Agree with the skinny jeans malarky.. straight jeans are nice, some skinny jeans aren't too bad but those ones that are painted on, so tight you've to wear them around your knees so as to hide the meat and 2 veg... or else pulled right up so all is on show.. those are in no way attractive lads!! apart from the fact that they don't suit most lads, they are extremely bad for sperm production.. they could be the cause of a fall in numbers of babies born from this generation!!
    Apart from that most of what annoys me has been said already!

It would be no harm if skinny jeans wearers couldn't reproduce. Good for the gene pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Tight leggings with nothing over them. I mean ffs I don't want to see every inch and crevice of your bum crack in minute detail when I'm walking behind you. Get some proper trousers or else stick a skirt over that thing.

Ripped jeans. Before it was they were rebellious, now everyone and their grandma is wearing them and it ruins the point.

Those awful olive green parkas that hang down low. Is there literally nothing else in the shops?

Skinny tracksuit bottoms. Come on now.

Ankle socks or not wearing socks at all. It's freezing and you're showing off your ankles for what exactly? And the no sock thing is just unhygienic.

Skinny jeans. I wouldn't mind them so much if I could find any other styles in the shops, but it seems every thing at the moment is either ripped or skinny or both.

Pyjamas or loose trakkies worn out doors, especially the grey cloth tracksuits. Do you want to look like a knacker? Because that's how you look like a knacker. Fair enough around the house but it takes 3 minutes to put proper clothes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bogfairy wrote: »
    Beanie hat + tight ankled low-arsed tracksuit bottoms + wolly jumper + beard + cardboard shoes - socks = absolute cock

Ha,I was going to post that,those low arse tracksuit bottoms make them look like a baby that's sh1t it's nappy.
    Beany hats in the Summer, "oh look at me,the sun is splitting the stones so I'll stick a wooly hat on my head", knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

he's a bit too rough looking for my taste but he has a good body to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Skinny jeans are absolutely woeful on men, all men. I have yet to see a man look good in a pair. Absolutely fine on women though.
    Leggings with a short top/ jacket. Some women don't seem to realise that with a lot of leggings the material stretches thinner over their arses. I have seen knickers on display countless times, worse then when it is brightly patterned knickers under black leggings.

Advertisement