Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Men not wearing socks with their shoes or trainers, whats that about? its minus 5 outside mate, why are you not wearing socks? like women that are out for the night see that and are impressed?

what is a current fashion trend that you cant figure out?

Ah don't tell me Irish lads are doing that jazz now too. It's bad enough over here, the super skinny jeans complete the look. I just wrote it off as some stupid Essex/London thing.....dopes

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Girls that have that god awful Skrillex haircut. Your not edgy or original and ya look like a female version of "the baldy man" or a head trauma patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Those Jojo bows. Horrendous looking yokes with a serious hint of my big fat gypsy wedding off them.

Young fellas with those ludicrous haircuts. They all have them.

Tracksuit pants tucked into white socks. Wtf is that about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

eviltwin wrote: »
    Body con dresses

Aw i love them :( they suit me best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Manbuns.
    Bare ankles.
    Stupid hair colour.
    Those stupid swishy flick quiffs all the lads are getting.

Worst is everyone getting dreads "because you want everyone to know you smoke weed".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

All the lads around me walking around in shorts. It's Irish winter FFS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Fake tan, I just don't see how women think it looks good.
    Unless you're Jude Law playing Dickie Greenley from The Talented Mr Ripley, shoes with no socks looks ridiculous, especially on pasty white Irish blokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Young wans cutting holes in knees of leggings.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

eviltwin wrote: »
    Body con dresses

Just googled that. Maybe the wrong people are wearing them but they look gorgeous to me.

Young lads with their trousers rolled up... what the Jasis?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough said

H4-R_grande.jpg?v=1482511077

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Male teenagers in Skinny tracksuit bottoms and trainers, with stupid hoodies and then a completely mismatched coat/jacket if it's cold. They look like fooking arseholes. No fashion sense and no coordination whatsoever. But some birds still seem to think they are gorgeous. Those birds tend to be in leggings, hoodies, trainers, with big hair and too much lippy.

Or Pyjama's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Girls that have that god awful Skrillex haircut. Your not edgy or original and ya look like a female version of "the baldy man" or a head trauma patient.

Seriously fooking ugly haircut. Stupid cnuts with issues or just potential lesbians.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

How did the fashion industry convince women that tight high-waist jeans were fashionable again? Bloody awful looking things.

_100313266.jpg?fit=fill&fm=jpg&dpr=2&h=368&w=240&q=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Man buns, skinny jeans, beards & Conor McGregor look-alike pricks.

In girls its got to be skid mark brows & botox lips.. And duck face selfies on FB.

And of course, Pyjamas in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I know its probably a five or ten years ago thing but I could never figure out how during full on summer, t-shirt wheather and everything guys would walk around wearing woolly beanies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

sugarman wrote: »
    For lads, the whole hipster / Connor McGregor look.

The knack-ster haircut?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Effin beards.
    In my day real men had beards,now every skinny teen has patch work going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Effin beards.

The worse one is the skinny little fukker with the 'under beard' ~ can't grow a real beard so has this scruffy under beard, tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

sugarman wrote: »
    For girls, those ridiculous thick drawn on eyebrows

ohhhh this. Nothing is as bad as this. Clown eyebrows.

It's funny as well how some women will fawn over big eyebrows, the ones that are so obviously painted on like thick caterpillars that you can't help but stare at every time you see her. Creepy as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Bambi985 wrote: »
    ohhhh this. Nothing is as bad as this. Clown eyebrows.

It's funny as well how some women will fawn over big eyebrows, the ones that are so obviously painted on like thick caterpillars that you can't help but stare at every time you see her. Creepy as fcuk.

Worse again theyre usually jet black regardless of how light the girl's natural hair and eye brows are, make them even more ridiculous looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

razorblunt wrote: »
    Adidas Superstar trainers coming back. They were shít 40 years ago, shít 15 years ago and shít now.
    You are wrong! They were class 40 years ago and remain class to this day, gotta be kept fresh though.

I will admit that fact that they are now a fashion trend is really annoying mind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Effin beards.

if_you_have_a_beard_but_cant_change_a_tire._6237734458.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

First off, I am a self confessed grump old shyte. That said, I hate the following in no particular order.

Skinny jeans
    Skinny ties
    No socks
    Man buns
    High waist jeans
    Huge glasses, especially when you don't need glasses
    Hipster beards
    Hipster anything

I'm sure there are more but it's late and I'm tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

DEnim jackets with furry collars
    Embroidered jeans
    Jeans with one miserable tear on the knees. If they're going to be ripped then rip them properly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McTigs wrote: »
    You are wrong! They were class 40 years ago and remain class to this day, gotta be kept fresh though.

I will admit that fact that they are now a fashion trend is really annoying mind

agree with this theres a lot to be said for a classic silhouette like the superstar, them and gazelles in particular were always a staple of mine and I'll admit it annoys me theyre popular again...does that make me a hipster actually? feck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Jeans with one miserable tear on the knees. If they're going to be ripped then rip them properly

if your jeans rip through normal use fair enough but anyone who buys brand new jeans with holes already in them needs a talking to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's time to get over this.

I've noticed the only people who have issues with skinny jeans are fat cünts and farmers who can't get away from bootcut jeans and salmon shirts.

Or people with d*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How did the fashion industry convince women that tight high-waist jeans were fashionable again? Bloody awful looking things.

_100313266.jpg?fit=fill&fm=jpg&dpr=2&h=368&w=240&q=30

Ah jaysus, even the model doesn't have any socks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd have to agree about the no socks thing and beards.
    I know of a few guys who grew these Connor Mcgregor style beards and after a while you'd say to yourself they look sort fine. It's not until for some reason they might have shave them you relies how awful they look or if you saw an old photo. Even if you see a photo of Connor when he was younger he looked a lot better without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ripped jeans.
    And I don't mean crazy overly ripped jeans...

And here's a controversial one... Cons.
    Hate them. I've never owned a pair and never will!

Advertisement