Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst fashion trends at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Any tshirt / jumper with the big brand name on it, GAP, Jack & Jones.... etc

You are paying for the clothes then doing free advertisement.

If they are good they will look good without the name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Those distressed jeans. The rips are ridiculously massive and you could just get a pair of jeans you already have and go hell for leather with a scissors and achieve the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People referring to beards and top knots as 'McGregor Style' is an annoying trend.

The growing popularity of DC shoes amongst the scumbag fraternity.

Everyone and their dog wearing superhero tshirts.

Would also disagree with some of the earlier ones, adidas superstars have never been unfashionable, and septum piercings always look good (on women).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

As a man fighting a losing battle with baldness I have to admit that any hair in whatever cut on another mans head annoys me greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I like the cold shouldered look but the ones I have aren't completely bare just hinting at flesh. I don't care what people wear as long as they aren't fashion victims, wearing the same stuff years in a row till its in rags or something that their flesh is hanging out of. Some clothes suit some people and don't suit others. Not everyone can carry certain trends. It's best to have your own individual style.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

The conor mcgregor 3 piece suit and man bun. Was beside two if these gimps in a nightclub a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ah lads what's wrong with the blue jeans that someone posted a picture of? Apart from the stupid flowers on them, they're fine?

I'll be damned if I'm going back to wearing non high waist jeans, high waist are better in literally every way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People referring to beards and top knots as 'McGregor Style' is an annoying trend.

This one in particular irks me, just cause you have a beard doesn't mean you're copying mcgregor he didn't invent the bloody things! Had mine basically as long as i've been able to grow one properly and as a big mma fan I get that one a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Girls wearing glasses when they don't need them. Arseholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

what's wrong with the blue jeans

They just look naff innit bruv. I associate high-waist trousers with elderly people and American tourists not youngwans.

mom-jeans.png?w=300&h=230

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

:(:(:(:(

Autumn-Winter-Cool-Pet-font-b-Dogs-b-font-font-b-Superman-b-font-font-b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Would also disagree with some of the earlier ones, adidas superstars have never been unfashionable, and septum piercings always look good (on women).

I agree the adidas shoes are timeless but those little nose piercings - yuk. They look like boogers.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Leisure wear when you are not at the gym or running or playing tennis or whatever it is actually designed for.

The "accent nail"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

• Old men with a ponytail.
    • Old men with a ponytail and a shiny pate.
    • Old men with a sweep over. (It's nearly gone, get over it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Owl fellas and owl ones thinking just cause you dress nice your a Conor mcgregor wannabe. People have been dressing nice since before he came along relax there he didn't invent fashion and the same goes for beards and hait cuts, Really bugs me how backwards you all are. Then slagging people who wear all this stuff just cause there not wearing a plain jumper with baggy jeans and a pair of black Clark shoes to go with your flared denim jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Owl fellas and owl ones thinking just cause you dress nice your a Conor mcgregor wannabe. People have been dressing nice since before he came along relax there he didn't invent fashion and the same goes for beards and hait cuts, Really bugs me how backwards you all are. Then slagging people who wear all this stuff just cause there not wearing a plain jumper with baggy jeans and a pair of black Clark shoes to go with your flared denim jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

The trend for posting stuff twice is so 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hait cuts? Is that the Hitler look.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

And beards, especially beards that make you look like you could join al queada

It's Al Quinoa they're trying to join - radicalised vegan hipster cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Hait cuts? Is that the Hitler look.

Sponsored by Hugo Boss.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Huge bushy beards on young lads. It looks ridiculous and years from now they'll cringe at old photos of their "hipster" phase. Waxed and pointy moustaches too.

I'm not against facial hair per se - I've had a goatee on and off myself over the past 20 years (clean shaven these days) but these huge beards are a joke.

Man buns.
    Skinny jeans.
    Collagen filled lips on girls.
    The pouting FB "selfie."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The growing popularity of DC shoes amongst the scumbag fraternity.

Is it annoying alright. People don't seem to realize that McGregor copied that look from the TV show Vikings but for some reason the vast majority of people call it the McGregor look :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

You couldn't have picked an uglier top to prove your point :pac:

This one on the other hand is hot as fcuk. In my opinion.

And I would have bought it already but alas it's too low cut for my ample bosom.

arlene-navy-cold-shoulder-bodysuit-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1475664968

As for bodycon dresses. They're not a latest fashion trend. They've been around for years and years, and yes they can look awful on someone with the wrong shape or who had too many pies but on the right figure they're very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Tattoos.

Big tattoos, with whole arms or legs covered with them. Terrible trend in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Huge bushy beards on young lads. It looks ridiculous and years from now they'll cringe at old photos of their "hipster" phase.

beard-mullet-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Depp wrote: »
    if your jeans rip through normal use fair enough but anyone who buys brand new jeans with holes already in them needs a talking to :D

I think they look cool...such jeans would look ridiculous on me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This one on the other hand is hot as fcuk. In my opinion.

Agree. I see no issue with "cold shoulder" tops. Showing the shoulders is pretty sexy and it's not like the tops are outlandish or anything.

And I would have bought it already but alas it's too low cut for my ample bosom.
    Ah, I think you'll find that there is no such thing as "too low cut" when ample bosoms are involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

a beard isn't really a ''trend'' though is it? they've been around as long as men have ffs

Advertisement