Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a hike of insurance on them with the amount getting nicked in the UK. Some of the quotes lads put up on the Fiesta st owners page on facebook is scandalous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Stuck one into AXA (who i'm currently with) out of sheer curiosity.

492 for fully comp.

28 with full NCB, full license 6 years, and no points. Have the other half as a named driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

testicles wrote: »

I've been getting some very strange quotes from it the last week. I put in for my renewal and it came out so cheap that I tried some other cars to see what I got. Seat Leon Cupra, Golf R all came in under 500. On the other hand it wouldnt quote me for an S3 and R32 came out at 1200 :pac:

Has anyone had their second service carried out on an ST?

Mine will be due in the next couple of months, have 20k miles on the car already.

Just trying to get an idea of cost, i'll probably need front pads too as they were an advisory item at the last service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their second service carried out on an ST?

Mine will be due in the next couple of months, have 20k miles on the car already.

Just trying to get an idea of cost, i'll probably need front pads too as they were an advisory item at the last service.

Down as €189 on the Ford site but thats for a standard Fiesta, I'd say the ST will be closer to 250 for a standard service but thats guess work.

Mines going in at the end of the month, its just over a year old and I've done just shy of 19K kms but I've no time with work to drop it in really.

I do need two front tyres but depending on price, I might get them elsewhere fitted.

The first service was basically an oil change with filter, cabin filter and vehicle health check. That was 199. Second service will be closer to 300 I'd imagine. You did well to get 19kms out of the front tyres, mine were down to the wear indicators at 12.5kms. I've nearly gone through two sets of front tyres now, just swapped the rear bridgestones to the front last week. Once they wear I'm going replacing all 4 with Michelin PS3s

The first service was basically an oil change with filter, cabin filter and vehicle health check. That was 199. Second service will be closer to 300 I'd imagine. You did well to get 19kms out of the front tyres, mine were down to the wear indicators at 12.5kms. I've nearly gone through two sets of front tyres now, just swapped the rear bridgestones to the front last week. Once they wear I'm going replacing all 4 with Michelin PS3s

Ya, must of mileage is to and from work, about 10/12kms at nothing over 50kmh so I'm lucky ehough.

I was thinking of doing something similar, going up to the Michelin once I was changing out all 4, I'm not a fan of 2 different sets of tyres on the car TBH. :o

I'm also hoping that Mountune send out the MP215 kit and get that done as part of the service in 2 or 3 weeks, I've seen it done online and its about a 30-45min job but having no garage and the weather being indifferent, I dont really fancy myself.

Nice, did the mountune kit set you back much? I'd like to get it done myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, must of mileage is to and from work, about 10/12kms at nothing over 50kmh so I'm lucky ehough.

I was thinking of doing something similar, going up to the Michelin once I was changing out all 4, I'm not a fan of 2 different sets of tyres on the car TBH. :o

I'm also hoping that Mountune send out the MP215 kit and get that done as part of the service in 2 or 3 weeks, I've seen it done online and its about a 30-45min job but having no garage and the weather being indifferent, I dont really fancy myself.
    How does the mapping work with the kit if you diy it?

• Advertisement

Nice, did the mountune kit set you back much? I'd like to get it done myself

Mountune had a sell for the first 12days of December, its a yearly thing so I was hoping to pick up at least the kit, wanted the exhasut too but was broke after the kit, I think there was 20% off the RRP of about £795, its a bit cheaper if you get it fitted up North or in England but then you've the hassle of travelling.

Only issue is, because they had a shed load of orders, mine still hasnt been shipped as it stands, over a month later, theyre getting in units from the US to fulfill the orders so should have it soon.

Theres cheaper kits available from a few places like Collins Performance, Revo, Peron but if I was doing any work I'd prefer to keep the warranty.
    How does the mapping work with the kit if you diy it?

Straight swap of the airbox, position the new cold air feed by the passenger fog and plug in the Mtune reader in to the OBD port in the car and away ya go.

The trickiest part is removing the headlight which isnt necessary, apparently, but makes access and clearance a lot easier by all accounts.

Its a simple enough DIY job but I'd imagine iof anything goes wrong Ford could possibily void your warranty for doing the work yourself.

As I said earlier, if it comes before the service in a few weeks I'll get it done all in one go and save myself an hour or two on a wet and cold Saturday. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Mountune had a sell for the first 12days of December, its a yearly thing so I was hoping to pick up at least the kit, wanted the exhasut too but was broke after the kit, I think there was 20% off the RRP of about £795, its a bit cheaper if you get it fitted up North or in England but then you've the hassle of travelling.

Only issue is, because they had a shed load of orders, mine still hasnt been shipped as it stands, over a month later, theyre getting in units from the US to fulfill the orders so should have it soon.

Theres cheaper kits available from a few places like Collins Performance, Revo, Peron but if I was doing any work I'd prefer to keep the warranty.

Straight swap of the airbox, position the new cold air feed by the passenger fog and plug in the Mtune reader in to the OBD port in the car and away ya go.

The trickiest part is removing the headlight which isnt necessary, apparently, but makes access and clearance a lot easier by all accounts.

Its a simple enough DIY job but I'd imagine iof anything goes wrong Ford could possibily void your warranty for doing the work yourself.

As I said earlier, if it comes before the service in a few weeks I'll get it done all in one go and save myself an hour or two on a wet and cold Saturday. :o
    Ah right, sounds good! I would stick with the mountune kit as I have seen the MP215 listed by a few insurance companies, including aviva so can save the hassle of trying to insurer a modified car as its listed and they know what it is!
    Looking forward to your review, I've been thinking about it myself as it would be a little rocket with 215 bhp! Is it a constant 215 or a 200/215 overboost like stock?
    I wonder if fuel efficiency will be much worse, Ive been doing some frugal driving of late out if curiosity and am pretty impressed with how easily it'll do low 40s mpg. Especially as my efficient driving skills are dreadful! I'm a big time coaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I'm not a fan of 2 different sets of tyres on the car TBH. :o

Reminded me of this for some reason, I am so old :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c23MFIKiVdE

Ah right, sounds good! I would stick with the mountune kit as I have seen the MP215 listed by a few insurance companies, including aviva so can save the hassle of trying to insurer a modified car as its listed and they know what it is!
    Looking forward to your review, I've been thinking about it myself as it would be a little rocket with 215 bhp! Is it a constant 215 or a 200/215 overboost like stock?
    I wonder if fuel efficiency will be much worse, Ive been doing some frugal driving of late out if curiosity and am pretty impressed with how easily it'll do low 40s mpg. Especially as my efficient driving skills are dreadful! I'm a big time coaster!

Ya, the insurance factor was a thing too, I've seen it listed on a few sites online too, so for peace of mind, its better to declare it and because theyre aware of the mod being a Ford approved one too, I'd say there'll be no issue with declaring it.

Its 200, 215 with the overboost, I've the induction hose fitted too from Mountune and people who have dyno'd it, depending on fuel, temperature etc have seen anything from 215-220 on overboost so its a good little mod.

In the same report, people have reported slightly improved MPG, because theres a bit more power across the band, theres less labouring but I'd be skeptical enough of it.

My average consumption is pretty dire too due to my small journey, in the year I've averaged about 32-35mpg consistently enough, not wallet breaking by any means but could be better. Taking it to Dublin I averaged close to 40mpg though at steady 115/120kmh.

When I've it done anyone is welcome to have a blast in it, if youre in Cork. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I can't speak for the other options but just to clarify in the case of REVO it is possible to put a Ford stock file back onto the ECU in the event that the car ever needed to go to the dealer for warranty work. So there should be no issue with warranty whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Any official news about 5D version in Ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I can't speak for the other options but just to clarify in the case of REVO it is possible to put a Ford stock file back onto the ECU in the event that the car ever needed to go to the dealer for warranty work. So there should be no issue with warranty whatsoever.

So is it ok to modify the ECU, void the warranty, and then cover your tracks if a warranty issue arises (which may have been caused by the modification?)

Sounds a bit suspect to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭easygoing39

If you cover youre tracks how will the garage know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

If you cover youre tracks how will the garage know?

But how will you sleep at night I think is the question? Is that the question. What was the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

With Montune the remap and the hardware are all allowed so no need to go reverting it back anyway. Its all Ford approved that the advantage of them over any others. Pricey tho but might be better on new cars I guess.

• Advertisement

Gavman84 wrote: »
    With Montune the remap and the hardware are all allowed so no need to go reverting it back anyway. Its all Ford approved that the advantage of them over any others. Pricey tho but might be better on new cars I guess.

Thats my reasoning anyway, had I a car out of warranty I'd have gone for the cheaper option and went for a different tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

APR have just announced that VW dealers in the USA can map new cars.
    Wording isn't too clear whether the standard VW warranty remains or APR offer their own 60k drivetrain warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Does anyone know if the Ford Ireland warranty covers the Mountune 215 map now? I checked with Mountune last February and they said only Northern Ireland is covered under Ford warranty but there is no arrangement with ford Ireland to maintain warranty cover with the Mountune map

vintagevrs wrote: »
    But how will you sleep at night I think is the question? Is that the question. What was the question.

Ole Ford lads hate anyone getting one over on the beloved blue oval.

peterk19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Ford Ireland warranty covers the Mountune 215 map now? I checked with Mountune last February and they said only Northern Ireland is covered under Ford warranty but there is no arrangement with ford Ireland to maintain warranty cover with the Mountune map

If that's the case I wouldn't hesitate goin with one of the other tuners, like Revo.

peterk19 wrote: »

I asked and was told its a very grey area, that the dealer would probably cover the car in case of an incident but it is a case of waiting until an issue arises.

I mean if something goes wrong with the car and its nothing to do with any component related to the map, I'd be surprised if there would be an issue.

I dont think theres many tuned STs in the country, I know of one in Cork with the Mountune kit but it was done out of warranty, its a 131 ST when they were offering only 3 year warrantys.

REVO have just released a new version of their Stage 2 software for the ST180. Peak power increased by up to 17PS compared to the old version (ranging from 223-249PS depending on fuel quality compared to 218-232PS with the old software) and more midrange torque also. Must be good fun in a Fiesta!

I know a guy with a 15 ST who has fitted quite a few mountune bits, exhaust, springs, short shift etc. I must ask him if he has had any issues but to my mind he hasn't.

That sounds decent George, stage 2 requires uprating the exhaust and intake as well if im not mistaken?

Exhaust, intake and intercooler.

• Advertisement

I'd be happy enough with stage 1 remap and an intake.

Advertisement