Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I sold the Golf, eventually. It was exported and took a bit longer than expected with the UK being funny about some silly stuff but got there in the end. Brexit made it less worthwhile than I had hoped, but still worth while in the end and sure it's gone now.

Yeah I said that too regarding the offer expiry, surely I can't be at the mercy of a delivery truck for €1000! The salesmans said something along the lines of "if you're spending that much money it makes little difference!" - still €1000.

Anyway, just looking at options that are out there at the minute. Would need to get a feel for the Ford, before ordering. There is one sitting in my local showroom, belongs to a customer though. I am wary of buying new again too as I'll loose another arm on the depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I'm based in limerick and your welcome to a spin in mine if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Likewise, if you're ever in Cork!

That dealer sounds like a bell end! If 1000 is negligible then he should have no problem with it coming off his end and not yours! I'd definitely head to a different dealer and see what they would offer!

What made you move on the golf? Good call exporting it, they're a lot more expensive over there aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

To be honest I got a bit bored with it and felt for the premium it was costing I wasnt getting value. No doubt an incredibly quick and competent car, but to enjoy it means being silly on public roads.

I looked at the fiesta in the flesh yesterday, better in person than I expected. It's got a better stance then I thought too, and the seats fit me well. But iv decided it's not for me.

There was a customer's white RS focus there, 57k apparently..... You would want to be serious fast Ford fan with money to go for that. Nice to see them being bought though.

The hunt continues

vintagevrs wrote: »
    To be honest I got a bit bored with it and felt for the premium it was costing I wasnt getting value. No doubt an incredibly quick and competent car, but to enjoy it means being silly on public roads.

I looked at the fiesta in the flesh yesterday, better in person than I expected. It's got a better stance then I thought too, and the seats fit me well. But iv decided it's not for me.

There was a customer's white RS focus there, 57k apparently..... You would want to be serious fast Ford fan with money to go for that. Nice to see them being bought though.

The hunt continues
    God yea you'd want to be a die hard ford fan to drop that kinda of cash on a focus!

Are you looking for a hatch in particular? Would you look at a Mini Cooper S? I had an R56 one a few years back and it was the most fun car I've owned... Regretted selling it the minute it was gone. While the look of the new one isn't quite up there IMO, id say they're a hoot to drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The hunt continues

Seat Ibiza Cupra:

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Ibiza/**%E2%82%AC2500-SCRAPPAGE/1624661337373993104/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The hunt continues

I know what you're saying. Sometimes I long for hundreds of BHP but really you can rarely use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I'm based in limerick and your welcome to a spin in mine if you like

Can I just say I've seen your car many times in the flesh and it looks very good with the new plates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I know what you're saying. Sometimes I long for hundreds of BHP but really you can rarely use it.

Gt86. It is slow but incredibly fun. Or a mx5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

The hunt continues

Dreaming about getting a used Mk 7 Golf R myself next time I change.

Herself has an Ibiza Cupra and it is great fun but feels a bit cheap (To be expected considering the price).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

testicles wrote: »

You did pretty well on the purchase price iirc.

Coincidently, you're not the first person I've heard that from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Dreaming about getting a used Mk 7 Golf R myself next time I change.

Herself has an Ibiza Cupra and it is great fun but feels a bit cheap (To be expected considering the price).

12-18 month examples seem to be around the 35k mark (New they are 47-48k with decent options) most seem to be manual though.

Was considering a New Leon Cupra myself but even with scrappage scheme you are talking 40k with options i want and they will depreciate like a brick.

Some wack in depreciation, good news if you're buying it though:

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Leon/**VERY-RARE/7546486590994796261/

12-18 month examples seem to be around the 35k mark (New they are 47-48k with decent options) most seem to be manual though.

Was considering a New Leon Cupra myself but even with scrappage scheme you are talking 40k with options i want and they will depreciate like a brick.

Will be looking to spend 20-25k so hopefully in 12-18 months there will be some around for that price. If not I would be looking at the GTI with PP.

The problem with the Leon Cupra is you'll be hard pressed to find a second hand one in Ireland. I doubt they've sold many here. You should be able to get a hefty discount off the dealer on the list price though if you were interested.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Some wack in depreciation, good news if you're buying it though:

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Leon/**VERY-RARE/7546486590994796261/

Jesus that's mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I only like the SC cupra (3 door hatch)which isn't sold here too :(

290 is the one to have as they made considerable changes to the exhaust note over the 280

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Jesus that's mad!

They seem to have a cheaper hatchback coming in soon too:

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Leon/**EARLY-JANUARY/1259871914834693986/

I'd love MK7 Golf PP as my next car as well. I think overall they are nicer than the R. Plenty quick too and over 300 bhp is achievable with stage 1 remaps

What are people paying for insurance for the ST? I'm having difficulty getting quotes online.

About 600 euro fully comp with aviva, 27, full no claims, no points.

I'd say forget about online quotes for a car like that. Online quote engines are only setup to offer attractive prices to the likes of priests driving Corollas living in Wexford. Better off contacting aninsurance broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mines €580 I think, 31, fully comp, no points, 9 years full license, no claims

Edit : With AIG. Was with AA and they wanted nearly €700 on renewal, up from about €600.

Paid 640 last time. 30 full no claims 3 points. With AIG as well through a broker. Was quoted 750 and put the Mrs on the policy and it brought it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Went with Campion Insurance broker in the end got it for about 550 fully comp 34 full no claims after all the usual insurers were looking for 700+

• Advertisement

Advertisement