Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    there should be a 'no discussion rule' on this thread

state the facts and move on

But what happens when the facts are not properly stated and people want clarification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    This is quality gold!!

Years ago had an American travelling Europe forgo her trip home because she thought I was her soul mate and life partner. This was after 2 hours sitting at the bar chatting. Thinking she was joking and 'cause the offer was there we got together that night but she went and changed her flights the next day and stayed 6months. Even got a job in the bar I worked in. But I left the job after 3 months because she would ask to work all the same shifts. She would continue to call to the house at all times of day or night. Left a copy of Serendipity on my door step and said it was about our future. Called me once from a night club in Galway to tell me she was going to bang some guy 'cause he looked like me. I see her occasionally around Dublin now working in Grand Canal Sq somewhere. I was only with her the once thank god. Bat-Sh%t...Good luck to anyone that has her now.

had a another Northie one that wanted me to role play and follow her to the bathroom where upon she would leave the door open and I would walk in and ta-da see her showering, or so I thought. Didn't think this out fully. If a woman/man ever says this. Walk away people. Just walk away. That is an image I will never be able to wipe from my memory.

Ah the curiosity, what was she doing? :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    there should be a 'no discussion rule' on this thread

state the facts and move on

bahahaha, that's what I mean, this thread will sooner or later always mutate into a relationship issues thread, all the lunatics here..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

wow. just spotted this thread...

anyway went out on two dates with a girl a few years back I met
    things went very well. I thought she was a lovely girl!
    on second date we landed back to hers and had a great night. best night ever

on the third visit the condom we were using broke, unknown to both of us until after we had finished in bed
    she said 'don't worry, has happened to me plenty of times in the past, I usually just go and get the morning after pill'

Left the next morning
    Never called her back

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not quite in keeping with the thread but:

A friend of mine was getting down and dirty with a girl who was known to be obliging, so to speak. He pullled out a condom and proceeded to put it on. She said, "There's no need for that. Im on the pill." He said, "It's me I'm worried about, not you."
    Needless to say, there was no ride that night.

• Advertisement

on the third visit the condom we were using broke, unknown to both of us until after we had finished in bed
    she said 'don't worry, has happened to me plenty of times in the past, I usually just go and get the morning after pill'

Left the next morning
    Never called her back

:confused:
    But sure what would you have preferred that she had your baby? Sure surely thats the logical thing to do in the case of a broken condom is to get the M.A.P? What the hell else could she do? She had the narrow escape here i think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Am I allowed to post two relationships??

Feck it...

First one, When she spent more time working on her phD than doing anything to maintain our relationship both emotionally and physically, not making up her absence for my birthday and again favoured working on her laptop all weekend and didn't blink an eyelid at me or apologise after I spend all day traveling to see her. Plus her attitude to wanting to start a family later in life was non-existent. Fine, be a no life robot then and live in the pocket of your supervisor for all I care. Plus her depression was generally sucking all the life and fun out of it, I can only be so understanding until there is nothing left in the relationship to enjoy.

Second one, When her mother said to me on our first meeting "(ex's name) says you're the best shag she ever had!" I almost melted into the floor, mortified! Her family was the definition of dysfunction, all roaring at each other, mostly over nothing, this later followed the ex's general attitude towards her friends, her and a friends got to be exhausting to be around, everything is a slagging match with them and it's not even intelligent slagging, it's just who can rise each other the most in whatever pub or restaurant we're in until someone gets tick and makes a scene which was usually the ex that got angry, all I could do is sit there thinking "God... I'm too old for this s**t!" I was the eldest person at the table (27) everyone else was between 21-24, all behaving like a bunch of children, was like being in school again. I'm out!

These stories are so familiar, it's as if I've read these stories a hundred times in a hundred different threads.........lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Left the next morning
    Never called her back

Oh, you're telling this story on her behalf. Yes, she had a near miss there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Left the next morning
    Never called her back

Maybe she was trying to sound confident/experienced/cool about it. Plenty of times could mean twice. At least she took responsibility, however many times it happened in the past. I don't think having a past sex life makes someone less lovely.

Left the next morning
    Never called her back

What Was The issue here?

• Advertisement

Maybe she was trying to sound confident/experienced/cool about it. Plenty of times could mean twice. At least she took responsibility, however many times it happened in the past. I don't think having a past sex life makes someone less lovely.

Its gas the way some men are happy to shag all around them but expect their women to be first time virgins when they 'arrive in town'.

Is it an ego thing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭hannible the cannible

bubblypop wrote: »
    What Was The issue here?

She was a slut

She was a slut

Loads of times could have meant it could have happened on a few occasions with her previous partner who could have been a long term boyfriend. Why shouldnt the girl have a sex life as long as she is taking precaution?

She was a slut

Was she?
    Can you explain this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

When my best friend died and he never even asked how I was..

Sure how could he? He was dead..

She was a slut

I think using the word "slut" tells an awful lot more about who uses it then who's it's said about...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

GingerLily wrote: »
    I think using the word "slut" tells an awful lot more about who uses it then who's it's said about...
    Oh relax

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That's the thread ****ed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

bear1 wrote:
    That's the thread ****ed so.

It's our time to get outta here moment.

Its gas the way some men are happy to shag all around them but expect their women to be first time virgins when they 'arrive in town'.

Is it an ego thing?

nope
    I just wasn't quite sure that I wanted to be going out someone quite as promiscuous as she seemed to be.

she was excellent in bed though, to be fair.

• Advertisement

nope
    I just wasn't quite sure that I wanted to be going out someone quite as promiscuous as she seemed to be.

Practice makes perfect so they say

nope

I suppose you'd know because you are comparing her to others you have slept with in the past or since......but wait......wouldnt that make you a bit of a slut? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I suppose you'd know because you are comparing her to others you have slept with in the past or since......but wait......wouldnt that make you a bit of a slut? :P

I don't think he ever called her a slut so it's a bit insulting to start using that term on him.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I don't think he ever called her a slut so it's a bit insulting to start using that term on him.

He didnt use that word tbf but he opted out because apparently the fact she suffered a broken condom on 'loads of occasions' he assumed that she may have been 'promiscous' (his term) and that was his rationale for bolting on her.

Someone else used that term, not me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I hate the way when a girl has sex with loads of guys she's a slut but when a guy does it he's gay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

when he started a fight a friends wedding.

Someone else used that term, not me

ive acknowledged that tbf you didnt. Still think you were mad to bail on her. She sounded nice :) Sure perhaps you done better, if so fair enough you are vindicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

I kill hippies in chips.
    Love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

joeguevara wrote: »
    I hate the way when a girl has sex with loads of guys she's a slut but when a guy does it he's gay!

Oh, god... the tears :D:D:D:D

Advertisement