Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McKenzie Boxers: 4 pairs for £5 + PM etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Big expose on CH4 news about the treatment of their workers today,maybe they wont like more bad news getting into the papers boxer gate ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

They've gone to the dogs lately as a company. It's virtually impossible to get anything from their website. Three times this year I've ordered stuff and got the cancellation email a day or two later, which is very frustrating as it takes 7 days for the authorised funds to go back into your bank account. On the one occassion this year that I actually received an order (McKenzie Socks) they arrived out of their packaging, 6 pairs of socks selotaped together with no McKenzie packaging at all (I sh!t you not) and to make matters worse one of the pairs weren't even a match, they gave me a full sock and an ankle sock. If it wasn't so serious it would have been funny. They tried to fob me off with a £5 gift voucher to apologise. Laughable. Excuse of a company.

I foolishly tried to buy these boxers too, but decided against it in the end when the free delivery option disappeared. I'm glad I avoided it now. I do feel bad for anyone who got the cancellation emails though, because I've gone through it with them too many times this year. Wouldn't touch them anymore. Beware guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Emailed them twice and no reply. Sounds like a joke of a company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

shocksy wrote: »
    They've gone to the dogs lately as a company. It's virtually impossible to get anything from their website. Three times this year I've ordered stuff and got the cancellation email a day or two later, which is very frustrating as it takes 7 days for the authorised funds to go back into your bank account. On the one occassion this year that I actually received an order (McKenzie Socks) they arrived out of their packaging, 6 pairs of socks selotaped together with no McKenzie packaging at all (I sh!t you not) and to make matters worse one of the pairs weren't even a match, they gave me a full sock and an ankle sock. If it wasn't so serious it would have been funny. They tried to fob me off with a £5 gift voucher to apologise. Laughable. Excuse of a company.

I foolishly tried to buy these boxers too, but decided against it in the end when the free delivery option disappeared. I'm glad I avoided it now. I do feel bad for anyone who got the cancellation emails though, because I've gone through it with them too many times this year. Wouldn't touch them anymore. Beware guys.

might be a blessing mine was cancelled then.... the C4 report on them makes them look a horrible company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

No cancellation email. Order number not recognised on the site.
    Not losing sleep over it, just thought I was snagging some cheap jocks.
    I wouldn't normally wear stuff from there anyway so I can't really say they'll never get my business again in outrage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

theteal wrote: »
    No cancellation email. Order number not recognised on the site.
    Not losing sleep over it, just thought I was snagging some cheap jocks.
    I wouldn't normally wear stuff from there anyway so I can't really say they'll never get my business again in outrage.

Yup im in the same boat, money taken from my account, order not recognised and no cancellation email etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Checked the tracking yesterday and my order said in warehouse preparing to be despatched. Just checked it there and it says order placed and that it's being reviewed

Same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Live Chat OFFLINE...... hmmm i guess they are expecting alot of complaints so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Same

****ting myself

• Advertisement

To the lads who got the cancellation emails, did they say you have been refunded? Seems like a lot of people have been charged, orders not recognized, effectively fraud if they don't carry out your order or refund you immediately. I'd bet my wage on it they don't even have them in stock. Usual boll*x from them... Non existent customer care only makes the matter worse. Just inform your bank of the situation. Screenshot all emails and order numbers as well as the the page saying order number not recognized. You'll easily be able to get a charge back from your bank then.

Live chat is up, i click in, add my details then it boots me because no agents are available!!!

Ok I got hold of a "Susan" on live chat and she said order that are on the system are still in the warehouse to be picked and they are getting through them all as quick as they can so looks like they are honouring this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I ordered relatively early. Just rang CC (00441613937055) and was talking to a 'Jason'. Confirmed my order was allocated and good to go. I explained that I was concerned due to online reports of cancellations. He maintained that there were many unfulfilled due to stock levels but mine was OK and that I should receive dispatch confirmation within another 48hrs.

Could be just BS.

Don't care.

It's a tenner.

And it's only jocks.

I'll get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

My order (that I got an email confirming acceptance for) number is not being recognised via their tracker. So I've sent them a msg via the form on their site. If I hear something before Xmas I will be surprised!.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    My order (that I got an email confirming acceptance for) number is not being recognised via their tracker. So I've sent them a msg via the form on their site. If I hear something before Xmas I will be surprised!.

Yeah the girl told me their tracker is not in use at the moment as there is issues with it. But if you didnt get an order cancelled email yours is been processed/picked for delivery :D

• Advertisement

And there's the cancellation e mail as "no stock" and a refund email, I'm sure to have lost a few cent on the transaction. First and last time to use JD sports.

Customer services still haven't replied to me despite two emails to them. Poor company and bad way of doing business. Most companies don't take payment until despatched. They have broken the contract here I'm sure, but I'm sure it's in their t and c that the contract is not completed until goods have been despatched or some other crap like that.

Cheers nonetheless op.

vicwatson wrote: »
    And there's the cancellation e mail as "no stock" and a refund email, I'm sure to have lost a few cent on the transaction. First and last time to use JD sports.

Customer services still haven't replied to me despite two emails to them. Poor company and bad way of doing business. Most companies don't take payment until despatched. They have broken the contract here I'm sure, but I'm sure it's in their t and c that the contract is not completed until goods have been despatched or some other crap like that.

Cheers nonetheless op.

Shocking company. The one simple thing that any business with a brain has is to have an inventory of stock connected to their website. These clowns were probably selling dozens upon dozens of these boxers online with none in actual stock. Pathetic business model and I won't be surprised to see these go under in the future, and good riddance to them when they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

An awful lot of excitement here about a few pairs of jocks..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

rosknight wrote: »

... But we're saving €47 a pair!!!

Masala wrote: »
    ... But we're saving €47 a pair!!!

LOL ! Yes they were made of Cashmere after all:D

I think its more about the way they, and others like them do business, not because its a pair of jocks, if the offer is there and the goods in stock and people buy them in good faith then the company piss you about take your money and then decide they didn't have stock after all, people then get their backs up

It's not a good business model

Can never understand these companies that tell you they have stock when they don't even know if they do.

Stock in - scanned, inventory updated, as this stock goes out, scanned - inventory updated, its not rocket science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Anyone order anything else in the same order. I ordered other stuff along with the boxers and the order has been accepted. I think its going to take a while to be sorted though and now I wish the order had been declined.

vicwatson wrote: »
    LOL ! Yes they were made of Cashmere after all:D

I think its more about the way they, and others like them do business, not because its a pair of jocks, if the offer is there and the goods in stock and people buy them in good faith then the company piss you about take your money and then decide they didn't have stock after all, people then get their backs up

It's not a good business model

Can never understand these companies that tell you they have stock when they don't even know if they do.

Stock in - scanned, inventory updated, as this stock goes out, scanned - inventory updated, its not rocket science

Ah Vic, tell the truth, you're just pissed cause you won't be able to do this..... :P

404060.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Still no cancellation email for me. The only emails I've received was one saying my order was received and a second saying it was accepted. When I try to track the order number I just an error page.

markc1184 wrote: »
    Still no cancellation email for me. The only emails I've received was one saying my order was received and a second saying it was accepted. When I try to track the order number I just an error page.

Same as me, see above ;) basically if you didnt get the cancel email you will receive the goods is what I was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Same as me, see above ;) basically if you didnt get the cancel email you will receive the goods is what I was told.

Happy days

jonnycivic wrote: »

Hope some get them anyway.

Order dispatched. To arrive tomorrow. I'm currently half way to Holyhead....back in January.....excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Order dispatched. To arrive tomorrow. I'm currently half way to Holyhead....back in January.....excellent!

I shouldn't laugh but as the OP I've feck all on the way so far. Thankfully some Hollister jocks have allegedly made their way to PM for me. Probably January before I see them as well. Will have to put me old ones inside out to get another month out of them.

On a positive note I see on HUKD JD appear to be finally sending some of these out via DPD in the UK so hopefully a few lucky ones here will get their knickers in a twist :)

Parcel Motel?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Parcel Motel?

Nope. DPD to the house....in Essex :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Got confirmation text today, on the way! Happy days

Got confirmation text today, on the way! Happy days
    Clean jocks for Christmas Day. You won't know yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

5 pairs delivered via parcel motel last night, cheers OP.

Got an email a couple of hours ago to say mine have been delivered to Parcel Motel by Royal Mail. Just be aware there are possible strike problems with Royal Mail and others at the minute so might delay these and other items sent to you from UK....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/18/christmas-strike-chaos-1000-royal-mail-workers-threaten-wildcat/

Waiting days already on another parcel from PM so will be recycling jocks at this stage.

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Got an email a couple of hours ago to say mine have been delivered to Parcel Motel by Royal Mail.

Did you get an e-mail from JD saying they were on the way?
    Mine seem to be when I log on with my tracking number but have heard nothing from JD or Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Bizzarest thing. I am after getting email from Parcel Wizard saying they have a parcel for me and are delivering it to Parcel Motel.
    So somehow, a parcel for me is going from PW to PM, I haven't a clue what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Bizzarest thing. I am after getting email from Parcel Wizard saying they have a parcel for me and are delivering it to Parcel Motel.
    So somehow, a parcel for me is going from PW to PM, I haven't a clue what is going on
    Got the same email. Confused me too. Hopefully will have clean jocks in time for Christmas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

But how would parcel wizard have gotten hold of it?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Did you get an e-mail from JD saying they were on the way?
    Mine seem to be when I log on with my tracking number but have heard nothing from JD or Parcel Motel.

Yh it was after I emailed them days ago. Few hours after JD response yesterday Royal Mail showed tracking details and delivery four minutes after they received them to PM. All after midnight. They are in the same industrial estate.

I was sorry I used PM with current seasonal delays only I now see PW are using them. PM are snowed under at mo though have alleged they will have anything they received by 1pm today (my birthday :) ) arrive to a box by Xmas. In fairness they are hardly emergency packages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I've heard nothing since I ordered - but an order received and an order accepted. Keep getting an error message when I try to check my order number now, and received a £5 refund from them last night to my revolut account (even though I spent 10 buying 4 sets)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Mines are on the way.
    Order places 12/12 10am, accepted same day.
    Got text message 18/12 to say DPD have them and they're in transit.
    Tracking shows out for delivery today.

Mines are on the way.
    Order places 12/12 10am, accepted same day.
    Got text message 18/12 to say DPD have them and they're in transit.
    Tracking shows out for delivery today.

Got my tracking mail a few minutes ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I just have an email from DPD and a text saying I have an order being delivered to PM today. Guessing it's the jocks....

Yesterday I was getting an error on the JD website when I tried to check the order.

What was your shipping address that you gave to JD sports? PW or PM?

JD Sports use DPD for shipping. DPD and ParcelWizard are the same company. Maybe you received a notification from PW in error when it should just have been DPD delivering to PM.

Just rang Jeff in JD CS. My jocks are in Mallusk according to their internal tracking system (nothing showing up on their website tracker - not recognised).

He told me that my delivery landed in Mallusk 48hrs ago so that's the PW hub. Still hopeful for new Christmas Day jocks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

If DPD are handling it, it will automatically associate with your registered PW email/phone. Just to allow tracking all in one place. It's not going to PW for forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭andydurnin

I got no emails from JD sports and my order number doesn't work. I used PM. What should I do?

andydurnin wrote: »
    I got no emails from JD sports and my order number doesn't work. I used PM. What should I do?
    you have an order number ? Then ring CUSTOMER SERVICE on 00441613937055. Take option 3 I think (you're having trouble placing an order) and once you get through, just quote your order number. You'll know then if it's still alive or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

My order number wasn't working and had no confirmation from them that it had been shipped. Got onto them on twitter and they eventually came back with a Royal Mail tracking number. Was delivered to PM this morning up North. Got a £5 refund as they said they ran out of stock, so 1/2 pairs of the 4 I ordered aren't being delivered.

Likewise with the above. My order was received and accepted. No communication since. I checked the order on the JD website and it always just said that it was being reviewed. Monday I think the website just showed an error for my order.

Heard nothing until an email from DPD saying they were out for delivery to PM. Notification from PM yesterday and arrived in the locker at 2am. Collected now.

Not opened yet but look decent enough. Mine still have the price tag of £15 per packet (each packet contains two). So according to that a saving of £50!

There'll be plenty of this over the Christmas especially if I can get a bottle of wine into the missus......

• Advertisement
Advertisement