Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I didnt really bother too much with IB this time around, I got to rank 4 on my MAIN Titan but thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I did the bounties on all 3 (except the participate / win for the Hunter where I had a shocking run 1-8) Think two of the characters were @ 3 and the other at 4 or maybe two were at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Has anyone worked out if it's faster to do the 4 bounties on an alt first before switching to your main? I have no evidence but I feel it's way faster than going to 5 on the main first.

AFAIK there's an xp buff when running your alts (don't think they've changed it) but it wouldn't effect bounty completion which is all about turning up, winning and killing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah the alts still have XP boosts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I played I think Tuesday and just couldn't bring myself to go back to it during the rest of the week. Not that I don't like Rift. Just needed a bit of a Destiny break knowing the Dawnening was coming

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gimli2112 wrote: »
    AFAIK there's an xp buff when running your alts (don't think they've changed it) but it wouldn't effect bounty completion which is all about turning up, winning and killing.

No, but it would double the xp you get from them. On my main the 4 bounties took me a bit to three. On my alt the four bounties took me straight to 5. It took less time for the alt to get to 5 with the double xp than it did for my main to grind up from 3 to 5. Or at least it felt like less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This is an accurate depiction of my grenade throwing this IB

378427.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jackrussel wrote: »
    I think this has been the most fun IB I've played. Only played stormcaller for the duration, was that the reason? The change to matchmaking has been good in so far as hardly any redbars/lag, was that the reason? Along with the MM changes - the teams have been diluted more meaning more kills for most, was that the reason? Got mercy, got mercied(?), got owned by a 245 grimore player. On the whole, very enjoyable IB. Warlocks are fun but by Jesus Christ the amount of times that stiker Titans shut down my super wasn't even funny. My controller going dead just as I popped a super was a good one.

Pretty similar myself, played all my games as a solo player. Think I got beaten by a team of 6 one time, the 6 randoms then beat them the next round. A few redbars, but still good fun in both slamming the rift and stopping the runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Maxed my Warlock so completed that quest thankfully.
    Bit of a mixed bag, some games we were co-ordinated and the spark runners actually waited for bodies to get ahead/clear the way, other games they'd grab it and go completely the wrong direction or sprint of ahead of you into 4 enemies.

Can't remember how many times I popped my Stormcaller super to make a path and the runner fecked off somewhere else or in front of me.

Also Striker Titans, god dammit.

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Maxed my Warlock so completed that quest thankfully.
    Bit of a mixed bag, some games we were co-ordinated and the spark runners actually waited for bodies to get ahead/clear the way, other games they'd grab it and go completely the wrong direction or sprint of ahead of you into 4 enemies.

Can't remember how many times I popped my Stormcaller super to make a path and the runner fecked off somewhere else or in front of me.

Also Striker Titans, god dammit.

Titans for life bro.

Titans for life bro.

My 35 Titans all agree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

This is an accurate depiction of my grenade throwing this IB

Decided to main my Hunter this IB and tried out Bladedance with Skip grenades and Tier 5 dis... Great fun but man those grenades are OP. I don't have Shinobis Vow, so couldn't get to proper nade spamming but I was doing well enough without them.

Great fun but man those grenades are OP.

They are Good. They are Not OP though

They don't half track with Shinobis Vow. It's like little mini truths. Glove is my Hunter PvP exotic of choice in PvP now.

Yeah, but what are you comparing them to for them to be "Overpowered"? Lots of other good grenades exist :)

I didn't say they were over powered. Trust me nothing I equip is overpowered.
    Skips are really useful for chasing people out of cover or finishing them off.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't say they were over powered. Trust me nothing I equip is overpowered.
    Skips are really useful for chasing people out of cover or finishing them off.

I think he might have been directing that comment at Chimpy

I have yet to use Shinobows Vow. I'm in a civil partnership with my MotTM helm atm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There's not really a counter for them which is silly. Unless you run a lap of the map there's nothing you can do about one

• Advertisement

I tend to pick something I like and then not consider alternatives. Overall I think the Hunter grenades are poor. The trip mines ones get a lot of love but I've never been able to use them and rarely killed by them. Would always go skip.

something's wrong - can't fix or bother to fix spacing

Titan, I like the sticky ones Solar/Void but Lightning are my favourite.
    Warlock, Scattar are great fun. See a lot of people using the Axion and I do like them but don't seem to have the same success rate. Again sticky solar are good. Does the Arc Warlock even have nades?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I was using an Arc warlock for IB,found the nades pretty useless. Mybe could be used tactically but not for getting kills. I could just be really bad though....

EoinHef wrote: »
    I was using an Arc warlock for IB,found the nades pretty useless. Mybe could be used tactically but not for getting kills. I could just be really bad though....

The Storm grenade is good cause it does damage twice, so try lead the target slightly with it and it hits for ~180 over the 2 hits (110 and 70) I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Storm grenade is good cause it does damage twice, so try lead the target slightly with it and it hits for ~180 over the 2 hits (110 and 70) I think

Thats actually the one i eneded up sticking with,just found the delay in it firing to be to long,people saw it coming and were well away before it really had a chance to properly damage them. I did find it useful though where i could use it to block the advance of the other team in corridors and such. A little damage as it did no one wants to run through it!

Ill keep in mimd the lead time in future and see can i be a bit more effective with it.

Yeah, but what are you comparing them to for them to be "Overpowered"? Lots of other good grenades exist :)
    AdamD wrote: »
    There's not really a counter for them which is silly. Unless you run a lap of the map there's nothing you can do about one

Ya, there's pretty much no counter for them at the moment. If you land a grenade anywhere near someone it's pretty much going to deal 90% damage.

If you compare how tracking on scatter grenades works versus skip grenades, these things are lethal. Even with Nothing Manacles, there's no comparison. Throw a grenade in the general vicinity of someone - hunt them down and get a cheap kill, OP AF. Even without Shinobis Vow, I was using Frost-EE5s and couldn't believe how many grenades I was getting.

(Only really figured this out on Sunday - was using Gunslinger with tripmines up until then)

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thats actually the one i eneded up sticking with,just found the delay in it firing to be to long,people saw it coming and were well away before it really had a chance to properly damage them. I did find it useful though where i could use it to block the advance of the other team in corridors and such. A little damage as it did no one wants to run through it!

Ill keep in mimd the lead time in future and see can i be a bit more effective with it.

It's a good grenade to throw on the spark and deal damage to anyone hanging around / hiding in waiting to pick up the spark.

Ya, there's pretty much no counter for them at the moment. If you land a grenade anywhere near someone it's pretty much going to deal 90% damage.

Actually found myself avoiding them real handy with the Twilight Garrybobby ;)

I just walk through skip grenades and shoot the guy throwing them and stand still and take all the damage and laugh and win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It's a good grenade to throw on the spark and deal damage to anyone hanging around / hiding in waiting to pick up the spark.
    That was my main use for it if my team were taking there time getting to the spark. Gave us that extra couple of seconds to get organised and start clearing.

• Advertisement

I just walk through skip grenades and shoot the guy throwing them and stand still and take all the damage and laugh and win

and you'll still be laughing when my second one hits you....post-mortem ftw :)

Advertisement