Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Jerseys 2017

• 17-11-2016 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

It's that time of year again! A couple of jerseys for next year have been released already, nothing too drastic so far:

Limerick (as voted by their Twitter followers):
    Cv36IPLWYAAAYBQ.jpg:large

Cavan (not a great picture):
    tyhhfghghuyy.jpg

Rumors of Meath having a new sponsor, so could see a new jersey there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Like the look of both jerseys,most especially the Cavan one.Pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Sligo are going back to O'Neills also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Cavan yet again with a whopper.

Limerick are always so close to perfection and then they go and gild the fupping lily. That sublimated crest looks cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

New Mayo jersey launched today.

Cyin7etWEAA21FK.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Better view of it in this pic

Cyhma_GWEAAdCoC.jpg

That's tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Casserole can be tasty but like that new Mayo jersey it isn't very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

Casserole can be tasty but like that new Mayo jersey it isn't very appealing.

Especially when you see the back of it!

?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxODc5OTh8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaDEyL2hlMy84OTA5ODE2NTI4OTI2LmpwZ3xlM2I4MmZiYzlhNTY3ZGIyZGQ2NDU4ZDk3NzgxMTI2YTJmMjY3NmUxOTg2OTcxMTFhZTRmNTI2YjgxOWJjNjM0

paul0103 wrote: »

?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxODc5OTh8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaDEyL2hlMy84OTA5ODE2NTI4OTI2LmpwZ3xlM2I4MmZiYzlhNTY3ZGIyZGQ2NDU4ZDk3NzgxMTI2YTJmMjY3NmUxOTg2OTcxMTFhZTRmNTI2YjgxOWJjNjM0

I take it back. What are they up to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

Laois
    CyMV8ciWIAAuqNc.jpg

Westmeath
    Cxcu23dW8AE3sTt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Laois
    CyMV8ciWIAAuqNc.jpg

Westmeath
    Cxcu23dW8AE3sTt.jpg

Jesus H Christ that Westmeath sponsor is shocking. How could no agreement be reached with Renault Ireland to just use the badge? It's easily recognisable as it's the same feckin badge they use on their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

statto25 wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ that Westmeath sponsor is shocking. How could no agreement be reached with Renault Ireland to just use the badge? It's easily recognisable as it's the same feckin badge they use on their cars.

It's like a four year old designed it. Or a four year old on photoshop. Awful jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can be fan sure reno pressed for the yellow to make sure it is highly visible, a stupid maneuver though as it looks ****e and will just annoy people

It looks ****e alright but ye do realise it's been on the shirt from the last 3 years don't ye?

It looks ****e alright but ye do realise it's been on the shirt from the last 3 years don't ye?

Oh I do know that but you think after 3 years someone would think "jesus that looks septic, how about we drop the yellow box"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Laois one looks nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

The Laois one looks like a rugby league jersey.

The Renault logo on the Westmeath one looks like someone cut a square out of a magazine and stuck it to the jersey. It's incredibly tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

paul0103 wrote: »

I take it back. What are they up to?
    Is the crest embossed on the back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Oh I do know that but you think after 3 years someone would think "jesus that looks septic, how about we drop the yellow box"

westmeath gaa aren't that radical

newg300 wrote: »

It's screen printed on like the sponsor. It does have that embossed look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Patww79 wrote: »

Nah will be another year at least before they launch a new one if past release are anything to go by. Not sure about other counties but it's about every 2 years for Dublin. They only launched the current one in May and previous jersey was launched around late 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ah that'd be rimming it in all fairness, they've only had the current one 6 months.

newg300 wrote: »
    It's screen printed on like the sponsor. It does have that embossed look.

It's "sublimated" rather than screen printed.

Nah will be another year at least before they launch a new one if past release are anything to go by. Not sure about other counties but it's about every 2 years for Dublin. They only launched the current one in May and previous jersey was launched around late 2014.

We get jerseys every 3 seasons like most teams barring a change of sponsor or manufacturer.

Previous shirt was launched in 2014 and lasted til the 2016 championship so that's 2 and a half years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

New Carlow Jersey. Great to see a return to traditioncarlow-home-jersey-1_4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

That Carlow jersey is sex on fabric. Don't know why but I've always loved the Carlow colours. It really shouldn't work, and some people will tell you that don't.

Note to Westmeath on how to integrate a sponsor's logo.

It looks like they were perving on some of the posts on here with that one. Lovely shirt.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99582181

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭westcoast66

Bit off topic but is a player compelled to wear the sponsors jersey? Years ago in my local club there was a lad who used to bring his own plain jersey as he had a falling out with the sponsor. Nobody said anything about it.

Bit off topic but is a player compelled to wear the sponsors jersey? Years ago in my local club there was a lad who used to bring his own plain jersey as he had a falling out with the sponsor. Nobody said anything about it.

At intercounty level I would say that there is next to no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

TaosHum wrote: »

Totally agree. Looks far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great to see Carlow back to the traditional 3 striped jersey again. Hard to make those 3 colours work together, but I like this years effort. Tickets.ie hopefully will stay like that & not have a black box around it like last season

Last seasons mostly red version meant us playing our Leinster championship game V Louth in green, which was strange. Now at least we won't have to use an away jersey again.
    That awful crest is the next thing that needs to be changed. We had a perfectly good crest until a few years ago and then somehow that horrible effort at one ended up being the official Carlow gaa crest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Laois one is stink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

O'neills brought in these panels (side)to the polo wear and have embraced it to their jerseys. Poor enough designs...

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    Great to see Carlow back to the traditional 3 striped jersey again. Hard to make those 3 colours work together, but I like this years effort. Tickets.ie hopefully will stay like that & not have a black box around it like last season

Last seasons mostly red version meant us playing our Leinster championship game V Louth in green, which was strange. Now at least we won't have to use an away jersey again.
    That awful crest is the next thing that needs to be changed. We had a perfectly good crest until a few years ago and then somehow that horrible effort at one ended up being the official Carlow gaa crest.

I agree they surely could have made a better effort then that crest. The circle is just lazy and daft and I hope it didnt set the county board back too much. I like minimalism and hate over fussy crests but some bit of thought needs to be put in. Carlow also is a cultural county with the dolmens.

I love the texture on the shirt. Sort of similar to what you see in a heather grey clothing only with red instead of grey

At intercounty level I would say that there is next to no chance.

At the moment i agree but with Ireland becoming more multicultural there could come a time that players could refuse to don a sponsor due to religious grounds especially if betting companies get involved.

I agree they surely could have made a better effort then that crest. The circle is just lazy and daft and I hope it didnt set the county board back too much. I like minimalism and hate over fussy crests but some bit of thought needs to be put in. Carlow also is a cultural county with the dolmens.

I love the texture on the shirt. Sort of similar to what you see in a heather grey clothing only with red instead of grey

The Carlow crest is beyond gash. Amazing the state iof them and Kilkenny's (and to a lesser extent Tipp's) when the three of them had those cracking Ormond coats of arms for so long.

Carlow would be better off having a roundel of the old arms with a modern touch and incorporating something from the town arms which can be seen here on these.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99582181
    At the moment i agree but with Ireland becoming more multicultural there could come a time that players could refuse to don a sponsor due to religious grounds especially if betting companies get involved.

Unlikely that there'll be such an offensive sponsor but whoever, can run and jump.

Muslim and Jewish players not lining out for Kildare and Offaly because of sponsors? Come on.

I like the Mayo jersey. It looks classy and most likely get a trip to Croke Park in 2017.

The day Tipp avenge this year's defeat to you ;) :pac:

I like the Mayo jersey. It looks classy and most likely get a trip to Croke Park in 2017.

They get plenty of trips there every year
    Not much to show for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

TaosHum wrote: »

Yes it's Back!!!!!

Not from Carlow but I've always loved that jersey. I was seriously pissed off when they decided to change the colour scheme a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

Sligo are going back to O'Neills also

The new jersey is due to come out in the new year. According to the Sligo treasurer, Kukri said they were withdrawing their GAA licence back in August.

They didn't stick around very long, but I can't think of too many club teams that went with them. It's hard to see anyone ever coming close to O'Neills at this stage.

The new jersey is due to come out in the new year. According to the Sligo treasurer, Kukri said they were withdrawing their GAA licence back in August.

They didn't stick around very long, but I can't think of too many club teams that went with them. It's hard to see anyone ever coming close to O'Neills at this stage.

If the big guns break into the market it may get to be a tougher place for O'neills. All depends on how much they value the GAA market though

And like any market where the big guns come in they'll mop up the big guns and throw absolute crap at the rest.

Thankfully the GAA see the benefits of having Irish made clothing and gear for their sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

And like any market where the big guns come in they'll mop up the big guns and throw absolute crap at the rest.

Thankfully the GAA see the benefits of having Irish made clothing and gear for their sports.

I dunno if you take provincial rugby for example, 5 years ago very nice Connacht jerseys made by BLK were the envy of Leinster fans who got stuck with the ubiquitous canterbury template that many teams the world over had just with their own colours. I'd be more inclined to associate the 'big guns' with boring stale designs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'd be more inclined to associate the 'big guns' with boring stale designs.

Truth. Adidas, in particular, are very bad for that. I remember a couple of seasons ago, Southampton threw a strop with them for basically using a boring, uninspired template which was already used by various national teams and other clubs. The fans didn't buy. They dropped them for a year and made their own jersey iirc.

competition always breeds innovation

Not always. And it won't in the world if GAA gear. All it will do is cost livelihoods and a race to the bottom followed by supet-normal profiteering.

O'Neill's have hardly been throwing out any old much now in fairness. Some designs have been a bit crap but that's always the way.

Kukri's gear for Sligo was class though.

Anyway moving back on topic...

Who's due a new one this year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement