Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Jerseys 2017

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The jerseys can be utter rubbish and to fork out €60.00 for them is ridiculous, when they are rubbish. Especially back in the mid 2000's when they were at their lowest in quality. Things have improved in fairness. People are entitled to ask for choice!

Seriously, mods should start dishing out serious bans for abuse of terms, talking absolute and utter rubbish and for stupidity.

Begrudgery is defined as Resentment of any person who has achieved success or wealth

Now, I ask, what begrudgery? Everyone digs why O'Neill's has almost exclusive rights to match GAA gear. People simply want quality.

You going to seriously suggest that the current Westmeath jersey is class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Good luck reporting . SFA is going to happen , I did nothing wrong .I never attacked you, I attacked the post .Standards should be kept. Mods are far too concerned with being nice but do nothing about ill informed statements.

The proper course would be to be a man and have a spine and discuss it or just ignore it . Crying about being corrected on your abuse of a term is hardly appropriate.

For the record, I am sure O'Neills are more than capable of offering a better design for the Westmeath Jersey than planting a god ugly yellow square in the middle. Surely a balance between a stylish shirt (the rest of the shirt is fine) and meeting the sponsors needs could have been achieved. You missed the point though

Umbro? Nike? How knows? O'Neills have done a decent job on other jerseys

You are the one with the issue with someone responding to your comment . Funny how you mentioned mennials... At least on are now, hopefully, on board like the rest of us as to what begrudgery actually means. I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

O'Neills is the only company capable of getting their shirts into shops all across Ireland

No other company would have the distribution network.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    O'Neills is the only company capable of getting their shirts into shops all across Ireland

No other company would have the distribution network.

A good portion of shopping is done online now and the GAA store or the likes will stock every product regardless. Azzurri have a contract with Heatons/Sportsworld.

And besides, if it does become international im sure shops will take for example a Dublin Nike county shirt if they are in the same batch as Barcelona, Manchester City or Chelsea shirts down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

A good portion of shopping is done online now and the GAA store or the likes will stock every product regardless. Azzurri have a contract with Heatons/Sportsworld.

And besides, if it does become international im sure shops will take for example a Dublin Nike county shirt if they are in the same batch as Barcelona, Manchester City or Chelsea shirts down the line.

I'm thinking of all the smaller sports shops down the country

Heatons/Sportsworld are brutal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Kukri will only sell into sports stores, which cost them the contract with the Cork ladies. Azzurri were all but gone a few years ago, Kukri were sniffing around to get their hands on their design gear.

• Advertisement

Kukri will only sell into sports stores, which cost them the contract with the Cork ladies. Azzurri were all but gone a few years ago, Kukri were sniffing around to get their hands on their design gear.

If Azzurri can hold on to the Waterford contract then they are still in the market at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Some really nice training jerseys from O'Neills too. Really like the look of Derry, Down and Armagh.

I'll post some images when I get to a pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

Louth unveiled their new jerseys yesterday, with STATSports replacing Morgan Fuels as the main sponsor.

C1bzJFwXEAEDCNd.jpg

The previous jerseys were only used for eleven months, so it's not an ideal situation for the supporters.

I really like these ones, though. They're plain and simple, but O'Neills got it right on this occasion. They tried to do the same with Kildare, but I don't think it worked out as well. There are some very good ones this year, with Carlow being another stand out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

They tried to do the same with Kildare, but I don't think it worked out as well. There are some very good ones this year, with Carlow being another stand out for me.

Kildares jersey would be top drawer if not for that sponsor. Louths jersey sponsor complements the jersey and that's was makes it so nice. I know we've done sponsors to death here and without them some teams would barely survive but between bradys ham and Renault/dacia they could have used some less garish.

statto25 wrote: »
    Kildares jersey would be top drawer if not for that sponsor. Louths jersey sponsor complements the jersey and that's was makes it so nice. I know we've done sponsors to death here and without them some teams would barely survive but between bradys ham and Renault/dacia they could have used some less garish.

With Westmeath, all they needed to do was remove the yellow box from Renault logo, but I suppose it's up to the sponsor at the end of the day.

As for Kildare and Brady Family, I personally don't have a problem with the logo, but it looks very washed out on the current jersey, and is probably a bit big. I think the back looks worse because it just has the words 'BRADY FAMILY':

kildare-kids-home-jersey-2_1_1.jpg

I'm not a fan of the overall design. The black line around the cuff doesn't look right, and it's a bit strange having three white stripes on a white jersey. The material isn't great either. I'm nitpicking here, but given the price of these, why not? :P In fairness, it can't be easy to design for a county with one colour without churning out the same thing over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭zone 1

brady bunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Meath wearing "Devenish Nutrition" (http://www.devenishnutrition.com/index2.php) logos on their jersies against Laois. Anyone know what that's about? Temporary or permanent replacement of Tayto?

000d6c1d-800.jpg

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0114/844929-laois-v-meath/

Meath wearing "Devenish Nutrition"

Tayto pulled the plug on their sponsorship. I heard a nutrition company were taking over (probably on here) so I'd say they are the new permanent sponsor.

I completely missed that whole conversation.

Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol we're people really blaming O'Neills for that abomination of a Westmeath jersey. They are given the exact specs of the size and design of the sponsors logo and not even Gucci could have made that any less awful.

Jayop wrote: »
    Lol we're people really blaming O'Neills for that abomination of a Westmeath jersey. They are given the exact specs of the size and design of the sponsors logo and not even Gucci could have made that any less awful.

Not blaming Oneills for the Westmeath sponsor abomination at all. I blame Renault Ireland but at the same time they pay their money so should have their sponsor standout. It's a shame as the diamond appears on their cars without the yellow so why couldn't it appear on the jersey too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CK22

What do we make of the new Cavan jersey? I'm a fan.

Back of the jersey is decent too. I like the way they've incorporated the Kingspan logo without ruining the back of the jersey, unlike Mayo, Kildare, Tipp etc.

Hard to go wrong with a Cavan jersey.

CK22 wrote: »
    Back of the jersey is decent too. I like the way they've incorporated the Kingspan logo without ruining the back of the jersey, unlike Mayo, Kildare, Tipp etc.

Good thinking. We should get just the Elverys elephant on the next jersey. Would be far better.

Good thinking. We should get just the Elverys elephant on the next jersey. Would be far better.

The Elverys elephant was put down a few years ago.

statto25 wrote: »
    The Elverys elephant was put down a few years ago.

:D

Surely can be reincarnated for old times sake? :D

That said though Elverys doesnt look too bad on the back of the shirt

Cavan shirt yet again is a beaut.

Another one that it's hard to go wrong with. Sligo shirts have always looked class.

Aye.

The last one was a peach. Loved the cut and the sleeves. That's pretty decent too desoye the obvious O'Neill's temptation to hold the lilly.

• Advertisement

There's a new Meath jersey on the way. Hard to know if it will be a complete overhaul or similar to the current one, judging by what they just posted on their Twitter.

Oh boys!!! That new Sligo jersey is class

Sligo and Louth have brought cracking kits out and in fairness the tidy sponsors help. Donegal and Sligo used be reverse colours up to 1992 and 2001 respectively. I think Sligo may have had a white shirt with black hoop in the past? Correct me if I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Not gone on the Sligo jersey, not least because the template was used for some counties' training jerseys last year.

Louth is fine but I still prefer their 2016 shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Louth unveiled their new jerseys yesterday, with STATSports replacing Morgan Fuels as the main sponsor.

C1bzJFwXEAEDCNd.jpg

The previous jerseys were only used for eleven months, so it's not an ideal situation for the supporters.

I really like these ones, though. They're plain and simple, but O'Neills got it right on this occasion. They tried to do the same with Kildare, but I don't think it worked out as well. There are some very good ones this year, with Carlow being another stand out for me.

These are grand but they're basically adidas t shirts from the 70s with logos, badges added

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PeadarK

That Limerick jersey is lovely!

Wicklow look like they are finally getting a jersey.

https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa-county/wicklow-gaa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

CK22 wrote: »
    Wicklow look like they are finally getting a jersey.

https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa-county/wicklow-gaa.html

They wore it against Meath, presume they did in their other O'Byrne Cup games too. Surprised it isn't on sale yet.

1256637.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sligo and Louth have brought cracking kits out and in fairness the tidy sponsors help. Donegal and Sligo used be reverse colours up to 1992 and 2001 respectively. I think Sligo may have had a white shirt with black hoop in the past? Correct me if I'm wrong

I think it was a white jersey with black trim and black shorts, no hoop.

They first used the all black strip as an away kit in a famous championship qualifier win against Kildare. I believe they were actually fined by the GAA in the aftermath when they failed to revert back to their proper colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

New Meath jersey launched last night. Very similar to the old one, with a slightly different background design on the front. Also now has white numbers, don't really know why they have changed from gold.

1264006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

I think it was a white jersey with black trim and black shorts, no hoop.

They first used the all black strip as an away kit in a famous championship qualifier win against Kildare. I believe they were actually fined by the GAA in the aftermath when they failed to revert back to their proper colours.

They did have white with a black hoop in the 1960s, but had switched to plain white jerseys by the time they won the Connacht championship in 1975.

When they played Kildare in the 1968 league semi-final, they wore black jerseys for the first time - they felt it would have been unfair to insist on provincial colours as they would have been able to wear white of Connacht.

London's new jerseys.

C3g8rKnWIAEiela.jpg

That's very nice. For once.

Pity that given it's a London jersey, that they bothered with stripes on the upper arms given the issue with having 3 stripes internationally.

Other than that though, I like the template.

That's very nice. For once.

Pity that given it's a London jersey, that they bothered with stripes on the upper arms given the issue with having 3 stripes internationally.

Other than that though, I like the template.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The 3 stripes nonsense has to stop from O'Neills. That Wicklow jersey is atrocious because of them. The blue texture looks well and is a similar texture is used by Carlow. Blue shorts would be preferred for me. (Longford at least should be wearing blue shorts as they have done as far back as 1968 where they also wore white socks incidentally in a Chelsea like manner).
    41083064fa2b630bd5d0b40fb943c660.jpg--john_donlon__back_row__third_from_right__was_a_member_of_the_1968_longford_team_who_won_the_leinster_senior_football_championship_.jpg

The London jersey is excellent, the only complaint for me would be the size of the sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Does anyone know if Tipperary are getting a new jersey this year? They've been wearing their current strip since 2015 and they usually change every two years.

Does anyone know if Tipperary are getting a new jersey this year? They've been wearing their current strip since 2015 and they usually change every two years.

no we normally get a three year cycle although it would seem there is a gradual shift from counties to a two year cycle. Mayo, Dublin and Antrim being recent examples.

We had the jersey prior to this for 1 year due to the Skoda deal coming to an end at the end of 2014 (extended for a couple of league games on a game by game basis in 2015) and Intersport/Elvery's taking over in 2015.

Personally i absolutely love this jersey we have at the moment. i hope we are in no hurry to replace it. Its beautiful. But thats only my opinion.

We'll get a new one for 2018 id say but id be surprised if we changed it this season.

Looks like i was wrong and you were onto something DLH

https://twitter.com/cahilljackie/status/855335001704980483

• Advertisement
Advertisement