Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Jerseys 2017

Comments

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It's Churchill by the way. Tom Barry must be revolving at a rapid rate :)

Ohhhh yess!

article-0-022111810000044D-351_468x536.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

Kilkenny's new jersey
    DNyWfzlVoAE41y3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Kilkenny's new jersey
    DNyWfzlVoAE41y3.jpg

The caption should be "earn the rest of your stripes"
    The design just doesn't look right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭big_drive

Poor enough really

Earn your stripes....and black yoke at the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Terrible. And with sublimated jerseys, swipes and shapes like the black part make no sense and look terrible. Surprised it was allowed by the CoBo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It would be better if they stopped the stripes all at the same level.

It would be better if they stopped the stripes all at the same level.

Something like the old Southampton kit might have worked a bit better

https://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/37795108_l.jpg

statto25 wrote: »
    Something like the old Southampton kit might have worked a bit better

https://images.sportsdirect.com/images/products/37795108_l.jpg

B7ft23CCQAEj-dR.jpg

• Advertisement

B7ft23CCQAEj-dR.jpg

I said something like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Donegal have a new jersey coming according to O'Neill's website. Please God for a more friendly looking sponsor than the blue kn on the gold green shirt.

Only 2 years (2016 and 2017) with the current one. Maybe O'Neills are changing everyone to a new 2 year cycle. Shame.

Only 2 years (2016 and 2017) with the current one. Maybe O'Neills are changing everyone to a new 2 year cycle. Shame.

I'd imagine so. I think Mayo's last shirt only lasted two championship campaigns and they haven't any sponsor changes. Dubs jersey has dropped in price so I anticipate them getting a new one in the near future also.

As per O'Neill's, here's the lay of the land for 2018:

Antrim: New Jersey coming
    Armagh: no change
    Carlow: no change
    Cavan: no change
    Clare: no change
    Cork: no change as per O'Neill's site but apparent sponsorship coming and therefore jersey change due.
    Derry: no change
    Donegal: New Jersey coming
    Down: New Jersey coming
    Dublin: price reduction on site; possible change coming (Not due a change til end of 2018 under traditional 3-year cycle however)
    Fermanagh: no change
    Galway: no change
    Kerry: New Jersey released kerry-gaa-home-jersey-2s-1_1.jpg
    Kildare: no change
    Kilkenny: New Jersey released
    original?width=630&version=3680187
    Laois: no change
    Leitrim: no change
    Limerick: no change
    London: no change
    Longford: no change
    Louth: no change
    Mayo: no change
    Meath: no change
    Monaghan: no change
    New York: no change
    Offaly: no change
    Roscommon: no change
    Sligo: no change
    Tipperary: no change
    Tyrone: New Jersey coming
    Westmeath: no change
    Wexford: no change
    Wicklow: no change

Azzurri:
    Waterford: no change (released in 2017)

---

The above info is just based on the O'Neill's website and is not exhaustive.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

Azzurri:
    Waterford: no change (released in 2017)

I'm 99% sure Waterford will have one. The current one now has been used for the same length of time as the previous 2/3 have so it's about time to update. Plus it's discounted in all of the sports shops down here. It was also said at the homecoming after the All Ireland that the sponsorship with 3 was up so if that changes, they may want a new jersey to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Has anyone seen a photo of the back of the new KK jersey?
    Are there stripes all the way or does the black section at the top of the front of the jersey also appear on the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Antrim didn't have enough team jerseys when they played Laois I think in the qualifiers last year, but they are marketing a new one for the supporters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bonniedog wrote:
    Antrim didn't have enough team jerseys when they played Laois I think in the qualifiers last year, but they are marketing a new one for the supporters!

Was that not Longford playing Donegal or did it happen to Antrim as well?

Didn't hear about Longford but definitely happened to Antrim footballers. Was two years ago, not last year as I said. Their county board is a shambles.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/pictures-antrims-mismatched-jerseys-mocked-on-twitter-683429.html

• Advertisement

Dublin: price reduction on site; possible change coming (Not due a change til end of 2018 under traditional 3-year cycle however)

They played in the first AIG jersey in the 2014 and 2015 Championship seasons and the current one in 2016 and 2017 Championship seasons. If they don't have a new one launched before the league I'd say they certainly will before the Championship starts. I would imagine O'Neills are moving away from 3 year cycles for the top tier counties where they know jerseys will sell.

Bonniedog wrote:
    Didn't hear about Longford but definitely happened to Antrim footballers. Was two years ago, not last year as I said. Their county board is a shambles.

Longford this year had to get a lad down from the crowd with a jersey (presumably numbered) as they had no spare jerseys for a blood sub.

Incredible at intercounty level!

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Longford this year had to get a lad down from the crowd with a jersey (presumably numbered) as they had no spare jerseys for a blood sub.

:)

Must do wonders for morale! The way Antrim teams are treated is a disgrace at times. Look at their underage hurlers last few years. Not that they are short of money either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

DDC1990 wrote: »

too mean to have second set

nice_guy80 wrote:
    too mean to have second set

And Cavan people get a bad name :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭donkey balls

henke wrote: »
    They played in the first AIG jersey in the 2014 and 2015 Championship seasons and the current one in 2016 and 2017 Championship seasons. If they don't have a new one launched before the league I'd say they certainly will before the Championship starts. I would imagine O'Neills are moving away from 3 year cycles for the top tier counties where they know jerseys will sell.

Was told by the staff in O Niells that there could be a new one out possibly around November or early next year.

As an aside, for anyone who prefers the old Kilkenny Jersey, you can pick up the elite version (not tight fit but player fit) for €25 in O'Neills store in Dublin. Got it today and love the fit of it. Stretchier material, tighter on the arms (and the belly unfortunately).

Savage quality jersey. Pity they only sell them off at the end of their shelf life. Would love the new Kerry jersey in this material.

New Kerry jersey is only €52 for the ordinary and tight fit in comparison to €65 and €70 online.

A lot of people at AI final from Dublin and Mayo were wearing various old jerseys and retro ones. I wouldn't buy a new Dublin jersey. I have about 10 old ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

Bonniedog wrote: »
    A lot of people at AI final from Dublin and Mayo were wearing various old jerseys and retro ones. I wouldn't buy a new Dublin jersey. I have about 10 old ones!

Agreed. Pity there doesn’t seem to be any retro Dubs jerseys on sale at all.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Agreed. Pity there doesn’t seem to be any retro Dubs jerseys on sale at all.

Company that was selling them seems to have disappeared. I suppose you would have to be selling a pile of them to make a few bob.

Advertisement