Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncer knocks out scumbag on Parnell Street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Haha love to see little knackers get there cummupence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Fully deserved it, brave men, 2 against 1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

lock the lot of them up. none of them came out of this well

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are you including the bouncer in that? If so, I'm gonna ask what you'd do in his situation? He called for back up and he defended himself. There were at least two of them attacking him. Would you just stand there and take it? Holding one of them on the ground wasn't an option as the other would just take cheap shots. All he could do was throw strikes to back them up, and he did that perfectly and with reasonable restraint. He is covered as far as I can see. Again, what would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Read through all 7 pages of this so far with everyone on the bouncers side, rare does that happen!

Delighted they got what they deserved, great to see a bit of dirty justice. Hopefully the bouncer doesn't get arrested, charged, fired, sued, etc.

Could watch this video a hundred times over, excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Read through all 7 pages of this so far with everyone on the bouncers side, rare does that happen!

Delighted they got what they deserved, great to see a bit of dirty justice. Hopefully the bouncer doesn't get arrested, charged, fired, sued, etc.

Could watch this video a hundred times over, excellent!

and it hasnt happened here. read the post 2 above yours. there is always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The bouncer came out of it looking great tbh (apart from maybe his phlegm stained clothes!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Well, except one.

Unfortuntely the bouncer's deprivation credentials have not yet been established to the point where EOTR can unequivocally rationalize any violence or wrongdoing on his part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Curious to why you think polish? Iv listened to it back trying to hear an indication to where they from but can't. Definately not irish
    My first impression is that they are of "nomadic" persuasion.

It's very important that I know this, I have a lengthy draft prepared for the comment section and need to know which ethnic slurs and stereotypes to fit into it

Read through all 7

Delighted they got what they deserved,

But they didn't get what they really deserved. Aside from a slap in the mouth for being a tit, they also deserve to be arrested, charged, and jailed for a suitable term.*

*(sorry for the fairy tale, that's just wishful thinking and not something I actually expect)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

was wondering where you were to defend the indefensible

theres always one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Can we have the bouncer on the Late Late Show please? I'll watch it for once and wont feel so bad paying the €13 poxy 33 per month for this month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The piece that would have annoyed me the most was the spitting. Scummy thing to do.

Delighted the Bouncer floored 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

What is that skipping up on your little horsey move the lad in the blue top is doing called?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

What is that skipping up on your little horsey move the lad in the blue top is doing called?
    You mean arms up on one leg? The Crane

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There's a lot to dissect here: toxic masculinity, the threat of death while falling in streetfighting, integration of migrants, binge-drinking...

...but by God, when that fella runs in out of nowhere and is immediately knocked out cold, hopping off the bouncer's fist (00.34), that's just hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mynamejeff wrote: »
    was wondering where you were to defend the indefensible

theres always one lol

suggesting they all get locked up is defending? you learn something new every day i suppose.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

suggesting they all get locked up is defending? you learn something new every day i suppose.

What do you suggest the bouncer gets locked up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

end of the road I'm gonna ask what you'd do in the doorman's situation? He called for back up and he defended himself. There were at least two of them attacking him. Would you just stand there and take it? Holding one of them on the ground wasn't an option as the other would just take cheap shots. All he could do was throw strikes to back them up, and he did that perfectly and with reasonable restraint. He is covered as far as I can see. Again, what would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

That's the problem with you. You never learn anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Bouncer was fully in the right to defend himself in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Careful now, if you're right you might have a certain poster notorious for rambling on about travellers and will definitely find a way to victimise these two scrotes. (if they are travellers of course)

I'd be one of them. Thinking someone's a scumbag because they're a traveller is wrong. However there are a lot of travellers who are scumbags. And it sounded like this one is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

lol if i was convinced that you would learn something id waste more time dealing with you . as it is your just a pest
    c ya

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

the bouncer had every right to defend himself but if you look at the video closely the 2 rights he throws and hit the scum on both punches he still had the radio in his right hand ,now if the scum realise this then they might have a case against the doorman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Who should be locked up and why?

The people throwing the digs should obviously be done for assault. I'm not sure what the bouncer did that upset you. Was it the whiff of traveller in their accents that upset you? They could just be a few lads from Athlone for all that video tells us.
    Grayson wrote: »
    I'd be one of them. Thinking someone's a scumbag because they're a traveller is wrong. However there are a lot of travellers who are scumbags. And it sounded like this one is.

People in this thread aren't calling these guys scumbags because they're travellers. They're calling them scumbags because they can see their scumbaggy behaviour in the bloody video on the first page of this thread. Ffs, for a long time people thought these guys were eastern european.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

shafty100 wrote: »
    the bouncer had every right to defend himself but if you look at the video closely the 2 rights he throws and hit the scum on both punches he still had the radio in his right hand ,now if the scum realise this then they might have a case against the doorman

Using a radio like that when you're outnumbered 3 to 1 would definitely be considered proportional and certainly not premeditated.

Had he done so in a 1 v 1 it could possibly be seen as disproportionate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Imagine if he had both hands free!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Sounds like a Polish accent to me, definitely not Baltic anyway. In Donegal we have different accents in every village, you learn to get an ear for them.

Must be a cloth ear them, I work with Polish and they sound nothing like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

all im pointing out is that it looks like he struck them with the radio ,which might be deemed as assault with a dangerous weapon ,this is an old trick bouncers use as i seen it in a pub i worked in years ago ,now dont get me wrong i think the bouncer was 100 % in the right but the law might not see it that way .

Advertisement