Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men vs Women

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Well this is another clusterfcuk of a thread and iv no popcorn.

Im off out. Someone put some funnies in for when I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Now she's quoting herself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

And what's your opinion on the Op's post, that women in short skirts are asking for it?

Oh come on.

That post was a load of bollocks. It's not even worth discussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

And some people don't call people weird.

I do! Lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

learn_more wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of natural life TV shows recently.

If you watch any wildlife doc, you will see that the females makes a mating call, whether it's a cakkle, a posture, a scheech, or whatever.

I'm leaving aside the odious nature of the rest of your post, but I have to ask:

What nature programmes show females making mating calls? Typically if not exclusively males make a mating call, the volume and depth of frequency of which are percieved to indicate virility.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

GingerLily wrote: »
    And some people don't call people weird.

I do! Lol
    I don't! Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

LordSutch wrote: »
    Men are obviously better at driving, we are also better at hanging pictures, changing a flat tyre, programming the TV, and any job round the house that needs a male brain & a toolbox :)

Women are great at many things too! (just ask my wife).

...this should be fun.

Have you all the gear to change a flat tyre or do they leave you work away at it in the tyre center?

I don't! Lol.

No you just like to make sexist posts while I like to keep my insults gender neutral :) it's a crazy world we live in. .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I replied to someone else.
    You said 'that's not what I said at all'. So....that was eh ..your mistake. See that yet?

Noooop.

You quoted both of us :)

And what you said had zero bearing on bee06's post but did make sense in reference to mine.

Inanyways. If some absolute ride of a man your age that you very much did fancy propositioned you, would that be misogynistic or just a good night?
    What kind of person can't admit they made a simple mistake ? Made you feel good to say that about the misogynistic/ good night didn't it. If you wanted to succeed in really upsetting someone you did it. Thnks for your cruel words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Have you all the gear to change a flat tyre or do they leave you work away at it in the tyre center?

A woman works at the place where I change my tyres, she does the big stuff like trucks and tractors. Some of the oul boys ask her out and crap too but there's no harm in it.

This thread belongs in some puritanical Merchant Ivory period drama, and a crap one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sam Kade wrote: »

No probs changing a tyre myself, just open the boot, take out the spare, jack up the car, change it and away you go - hail, rain, or snow.

I'm off for the day now to hunt some bison & to do man things . . .

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

No probs changing a tyre myself, just open the boot, take out the spare, jack up the car, change it and away you go - hail, rain, or snow.

Enjoy.

Takes a bit more than that to change a tyre, you've only changed a wheel. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What kind of person can't admit they made a simple mistake ? Made you feel good to say that about the misogynistic/ good night didn't it. If you wanted to succeed in really upsetting someone you did it. Thnks for your cruel words
    Maybe you need to take the internet less seriously. There was nothing cruel in that post.

Enjoy.

To be fair, as much women hunt bison in Ireland as men...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Ah would you stop!

Cruel and upsetting? To ask you if you'd have a good night if a lad you fancied asked you out? Really?

If you can't handle your posts being called out as sexist without going all drama queen about it, then don't post sexist comments!

Flippin Nora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Ah would you stop!

Cruel and upsetting? To ask you if you'd have a good night if a lad you fancied asked you out? Really?

If you can't handle your posts being called out as sexist without going all drama queen about it, then don't post sexist comments!

Flippin Nora.

Probably just hates the idea of being asked out by any man. You were cruel to remind her of the trauma of being sexually propositioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Triggered.

First time I've ever seen it live. Hilarious.

Cue the bullying accusations now in 3,2,1...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Checks OP time: Today, 05:12
    Yup, that'll do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Women dress up on nights out because they like to have fun, dance and look stylish. they are not asking for it or dying for it. I'm able to see man in a pair of shorts and not think hes dying for sex!
    Single women also get dressed up to make themselves look good and attractive to the opposite sex. So do single men. There's nothing wrong with stating this, it's not wronging women. It's perfectly natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Flimpson wrote: »
    Single women also get dressed up to make themselves look good and attractive to the opposite sex. So do single men. There's nothing wrong with stating this, it's not wronging women. It's perfectly natural.

Did you just assume sexual orientation? Reported.

• Advertisement

I was at a table quiz the other night and a man came over and said 'I saw you were giving me the eye' and I was bemused, and then said 'No I just looked around the room to see who was dong the table quiz'.
    So let's for argument's sake say you were single and looking out for a man. If some guy had come up to you and asked if he'd caught your eye, you'd still tell him to get lost?
    Did your current man fill in a questionnaire before meeting you or what as apparently it's a bit rapey for a man to ever tell a woman he's interested.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did you just assume sexual orientation? Reported.
    That's the patriarchy's fault for brainwashing her into a heteronormative mental state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

I remember reading one of Lyall Watson's books from 30 years ago in which he used comparisons of species with regard to courtship and mating. He gave examples of the colourful, exhibitionist males and the often drab females - the former competing for the attention of the latter. He then compared it to ourselves - with the females as the more colourful and, he thought, competing for the attention of the less showy males.
    In humans, historically, this probably wasn't always the case - and the way I've described Watson's view is probably a massive oversimplification - and more than likely not wholly accurate.
    But there is an element of truth in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

OP banned for misogynistic trolling.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

OP banned for misogynistic trolling.
    Why is the thread still open then as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Could you imagine a female wildlife creature flirting with a male, and then turn them away at the last second, before copulation.

Except that they do. All the time. Deer, sheep, goats, whatever; if they don't want to mate with a male they walk away. Male birds get rejected all the time. Very few species are really capable of committing rape. 99% of the time in wildlife the female has the last say in who fathers her offspring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I assume because the mods get stick for locking threads all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It'll take a man to close this thread ;)

That is to say that woman dress up with short skirts and they are absolutely 'asking for it'. It's called 'flirting'.

There is a Van Morrison lyric that jumps to mind. From the song wild night, something along the lines of "All the girls walk by, dressed up for each other". You see women dressed up and just assume it is all about you (men) - when just as likely they are doing it for each other and purely for the joy of doing it.
    Men are obviously better at driving, we are also better at hanging pictures, changing a flat tyre, programming the TV, and any job round the house that needs a male brain & a toolbox

My six year old daugther is better at some of these things than many guys I know :)
    Theres a saying among wome n that you cant even talk to a man without him thinking you are mad after him.

Not any women I know or - it seems - anyone whoopsadoodles knows or anyone else here on the thread. Is there a risk here that you are assuming a saying among your own social circle is a general one?
    You're saying you can just chat to a lad in the bar and he doesn't try I on with you/make a move on you?

Yes a lot of people are saying that it seems.

There is a saying I have heard on AH before. Something like "If you meet one person who is an ass then they are probably an ass. If you keep meeting people who are asses - then perhaps the ass is you".

I wonder if something similar is not in play here? That perhaps the reason you have this experience so consistently is not an attribute of men - but something to do with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Because it's hilarious

Advertisement