Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men vs Women

Options
  • 19-11-2016 6:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

I've been watching a lot of natural life TV shows recently.

These shows, like Planet Earth 2, from the BBC, show us various creatures going about their day to day life, and their life cycle, how they mate, procreate, etc.

I've been thinking a lot about how similar our human lives are to these creatures. In fact, it's not similar, it's the same.

There seem to be a little bit of a problem that women feel that men are predatory. Sexually predatory.

If you watch any wildlife doc, you will see that the females makes a mating call, whether it's a cakkle, a posture, a scheech, or whatever.

I think woman behave in exactly the same way as any other sentient female creature does in this life: that is to say they make themselves look attractive to the opposite sex to gain attention.

That is to say that woman dress up with short skirts and they are absolutely 'asking for it'. It's called 'flirting'.

That point is not to say woman are asking to be raped. Not at all.

Could you imagine a female wildlife creature flirting with a male, and then turn them away at the last second, before copulation.

It seems to me that woman want a level playing ground with men. Whether it be work, or pay, or whatever. Sure, I agree.

But I sense an anger from women just because they are woman.

Sorry, that can't be changed. Just like I can't change the fact I'm a man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wept

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maximus277

Woman are all for equality until it comes to splitting the tab for dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

You obviously never saw the birds of paradise, where the males are the flamboyant sex, or even lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I want to be the small spoon for once! The injustice of it all.
    What's this thread about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

So The Donald is now on boards. Great. Just great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

I kinda wish this thread was allowed run just to see how hard people kick the OP in the bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ten past five on a Friday night....dont have to be Sherlock to realise what happened tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

In my experience human females are exactly like the female button beetle, or date stone beetle as it is also known.
    When a flying unfertilized female reaches a target such as a date stone, sweet almond, betel nut, nutmeg, cinnamon bark[3] or a button made from vegetable ivory, hence the name "button beetle"), she bores a hole in it and excavates a chamber. (Males cannot penetrate the stone.[2]) Inside, she produces a brood of four or five males. She mates with the first son that reaches maturity, then proceeds to eat them all. She then enlarges the chamber and lays a brood of about 70 offspring. Some of the females mate with their brothers.[4][5]
    Sometimes male button beetles are born without eyes because there's no just no point in having them as they won't be around for very long before being eaten by the mother.

It's uncanny how similar this is to human female behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

How about we get some female lions on here and see what they think.

Oh. Wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

You obviously never saw the birds of paradise, where the males are the flamboyant sex, or even lions.

tumblr_nafhnv1xXk1sjx2zdo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Aaaaand subscribe...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Jaysus what next? Yesteday some joker going on about women fingering his hole in public now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Can this bollocksology of men v women in AH please stop.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

But...but....but David Attenborough said so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

OP, did you even watch Planet Earth 2 last week? Because if you did you would have seen the male flamingos parading to get the female attention.

Also the cute little ninja goats but that's just for fun. Nothing to do with mating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Well put together OP. You have my vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Im not angry at being a woman. I love being a woman. I'm angry at certain men including yourself who see a reality that completely isn't true. Women dress up on nights out because they like to have fun, dance and look stylish. they are not asking for it or dying for it. I'm able to see man in a pair of shorts and not think hes dying for sex! I was at a table quiz the other night and a man came over and said 'I saw you were giving me the eye' and I was bemused, and then said 'No I just looked around the room to see who was dong the table quiz'.
    Theres a saying among wome n that you cant even talk to a man without him thinking you are mad after him. see what is real, not what you decide is true!

Quote earn_more;101710855]I've been watching a lot of natural life TV shows recently.

These shows, like Planet Earth 2, from the BBC, show us various creatures going about their day to day life, and their life cycle, how they mate, procreate, etc.

I've been thinking a lot about how similar our human lives are to these creatures. In fact, it's not similar, it's the same.

There seem to be a little bit of a problem that women feel that men are predatory. Sexually predatory.

If you watch any wildlife doc, you will see that the females makes a mating call, whether it's a cakkle, a posture, a scheech, or whatever.

I think woman behave in exactly the same way as any other sentient female creature does in this life: that is to say they make themselves look attractive to the opposite sex to gain attention.

That is to say that woman dress up with short skirts and they are absolutely 'asking for it'. It's called 'flirting'.

That point is not to say woman are asking to be raped. Not at all.

Could you imagine a female wildlife creature flirting with a male, and then turn them away at the last second, before copulation.

It seems to me that woman want a level playing ground with men. Whether it be work, or pay, or whatever. Sure, I agree.

But I sense an anger from women just because they are woman.

Sorry, that can't be changed. Just like I can't change the fact I'm a man.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,127 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

any animals masturbate in that documentary OP?

'Cause, you know... maybe you should just try that instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

everlast75 wrote: »
    any animals masturbate in that documentary OP?

'Cause, you know... maybe you should just try that instead
    o

Dolphins do....he's welcome to com to kerry and swim with fungie if he wishes......
    we can get David Attenborough to film it and Kenneth Brannagh to narrate

"**** with Dolphins"

Theres a saying among wome n that you cant even talk to a man without him thinking you are mad after him.

See that's no fairer a statement than the OP's tbh and definitely not one that I've heard uttered by the women in my life.

I talk to men all the time. I work in a male dominated industry. I speak to men all day long. Men speak to me pretty much any time I'm standing alone at a bar. I always speak back politely. I'm sure a lot of the time they're talking to me with intent to chat me up but so what? I even speak to them sometimes when I've no intention of chatting them up :eek: . I've had a couple of dodgy characters over the years but they are very much the exception rather than the rule and I'm well able to turn someone down without being nasty and in return they never get nasty back.

Can we not all just get along? You know, like we do in real life. Some men are creeps, some women are weapons. We can talk it out as much as you want but that fact is never going to change.

Also for the record, I love being a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Great thing about Nature documentaries, is that they tend not to focus on the failed males. Imagine a series on beta male chimps all hanging out together, getting all weird and angry about the females that rejected them. Who knows, they might end up following some orangutan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Funny how the animal kingdom is always wheeled out to justify behaviour without restraint rather than suggest a pointer to to development of behaviour.

I'm just off out to murder somebody, eat them and fire my sh1t at people because chimps do that, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I kinda wish this thread was allowed run just to see how hard people kick the OP in the bollocks.

Yup. ..how dare he put the word "Men" first. The word "Women" deserves equal rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

You are a sexual Tyrannosaurus OP!

Don't let any woman take away your self worth. Your value doesnt decrease based on someones inability to see your self worth.

Sometimes you must forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.

Never chase love, affection or attention. If it isnt given freely by another person, its not worth having.

Think positive, be positive and positive things will happen.

If they cant handle you at your worst, they sure as hell dont deserve you at your rapey-ist.

Remember, you are not a 1 in a million kind of girl, you are a 1 in a lifetime kind of woman.

A tiger doesnt lose sleep over the oponions of sheep.

Now get out there, be dominent with the sub species and rock out with your cock out.

#staystrongbrothervalhallaawaitsyou

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

See that's no fairer a statement than the OP's tbh and definitely not one that I've heard uttered by the women in my life.

Yep, I've never heard of it either. I've certainly never thought it either. Imagine being so full of yourself that you thought every man was mad after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Im not angry at being a woman. I love being a woman. I'm angry at certain men including yourself who see a reality that completely isn't true. Women dress up on nights out because they like to have fun, dance and look stylish.they are not asking for it or dying for it. I'm able to see man in a pair of shorts and not think hes dying for sex! I was at a table quiz the other night and a man came over and said 'I saw you were giving me the eye' and I was bemused, and then said 'No I just looked around the room to see who was dong the table quiz'.
    Theres a saying among wome n that you cant even talk to a man without him thinking you are mad after him. see what is real, not what you decide is true!

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

I hate this gender war ****, it's so boring and tiresome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I reckon we could all back off and leave the OP and midlandmissus to sort this out.

Advertisement