Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men vs Women

Options

Comments

learn_more wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of natural life TV shows recently.
    That point is not to say woman are asking to be raped. Not at all.

AH reminds me of a nature documentary I saw where Attenborough looked around at the beach full of horseshoe crabs and said "this place is fxxxxxx crawling with them"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Men are obviously better at driving, we are also better at hanging pictures, changing a flat tyre, programming the TV, and any job round the house that needs a male brain & a toolbox :)

Women are great at many things too! (just ask my wife).

...this should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

LordSutch wrote: »
    Men are obviously better at driving, we are also better at hanging pictures, changing a flat tyre, and any job round the house that needs a male brain & a toolbox :)

Women are great at many things too!

...this should be fun.

Whats a male brain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

The sad thing is a discussion will evolve out of this and the total idiocy of the opening post will look like it has some weight to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

bee06 wrote: »
    See that's no fairer a statement than the OP's tbh and definitely not one that I've heard uttered by the women in my life.

Yep, I've never heard of it either. I've certainly never thought it either. Imagine being so full of yourself that you thought every man was mad after you.
    Its not about being full of yourself. You're saying you can just chat to a lad in the bar and he doesn't try I on with you/make a move on you? I was sitting with the 62 year old father of the guy I am in the band with in a bar, making pleasant conversation, and he (the 62 year old) asked me to come back to his house with him. I feel I live in a particularly misogynistic part of Ireland though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

LordSutch wrote: »
    Men are obviously better at driving, we are also better at hanging pictures, changing a flat tyre, programming the TV, and any job round the house that needs a male brain & a toolbox :)

Women are great at many things too! (just ask my wife).

...this should be fun.

Your colour formatting doesn't show on touch :p

Men are great at those things and women are great at reminding them six months after they said they'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

GingerLily wrote: »
    Whats a male brain?

A penis

Huh, huh, amirite ladies?

All guys think with their cocks....huh!

Zing.

Its not about being full of yourself. You're saying you can just chat to a lad in the bar and he doesn't try I on with you/make a move on you? I was sitting with the 62 year old father of the guy I am in the band with in a bar, making pleasant conversation, and he (the 62 year old) asked me to come back to his house with him. I feel I live in a particularly misogynistic part of Ireland though.

That's not what I said at all. I am often propositioned. I know how to turn someone down nicely.

You're well able to say "no thanks", aren't you?

To be fair, bars are where people tend to hook up, it's not like you were in a DIY shop asking about paint when he asked you to go back to his house ...

Does every man you meet proposition you?

• Advertisement

What's the difference between salesmen and saleswomen?

Boobs.

That's not what I said at all. I am often propositioned. I know how to turn someone down nicely.

You're well able to say "no thanks", aren't you?
    Whoopsa, I replied to another poster not you

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

LOL. Like an 8 year old in a school yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Actually you replied to both.

Ah sound. So you're ignoring mine.

Fair enough.

An File wrote: »

Well that would explain why the 62 year pld asking her back to his was out of order to be fair.

An File wrote: »

oh mygod!

She said 'That not what she said at all' and I pointed out to her that she didnt say it, I was replying to a different poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

What a ledgend.

I dunno, it just seems that midlandmissus just flat out hates men.

Some women are weird, some men are weird, some people are weird etc......

• Advertisement

Ah sound. So you're ignoring mine.

Fair enough.

I replied to someone else.
    You said 'that's not what I said at all'. So....that was eh ..your mistake. See that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

You and me baby ain't nothin but mammals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Screech, scream, help ...

Men also have to eject spiders from the bathroom.

Woman then makes man a nice cup of tea to thank him :D

Oh stop bickering you gals & let your hair down.

GingerLily wrote: »

Some women are weird, some men are weird, some people are weird etc......
    And some people don't call people weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Im not angry at being a woman. I love being a woman. I'm angry at certain men including yourself who see a reality that completely isn't true. Women dress up on nights out because they like to have fun, dance and look stylish. they are not asking for it or dying for it. I'm able to see man in a pair of shorts and not think hes dying for sex! I was at a table quiz the other night and a man came over and said 'I saw you were giving me the eye' and I was bemused, and then said 'No I just looked around the room to see who was dong the table quiz'.
    Theres a saying among wome n that you cant even talk to a man without him thinking you are mad after him. see what is real, not what you decide is true!

You say that 'there is a saying among women that you can't even talk to a man without him thinking that you are mad after him.'

And you say that there are 'certain men who see a reality that completely isn't true'.

Those statements are just odd. It's you who sees things that aren't true.

I replied to someone else.
    You said 'that's not what I said at all'. So....that was eh ..your mistake. See that yet?

Noooop.

You quoted both of us :)

And what you said had zero bearing on bee06's post but did make sense in reference to mine.

Inanyways. If some absolute ride of a man your age that you very much did fancy propositioned you, would that be misogynistic or just a good night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Im not angry at being a woman. I love being a woman. I'm angry at certain men including yourself who see a reality that completely isn't true. Women dress up on nights out because they like to have fun, dance and look stylish. they are not asking for it or dying for it. I'm able to see man in a pair of shorts and not think hes dying for sex! I was at a table quiz the other night and a man came over and said 'I saw you were giving me the eye' and I was bemused, and then said 'No I just looked around the room to see who was dong the table quiz'.
    Theres a saying among wome n that you cant even talk to a man without him thinking you are mad after him. see what is real, not what you decide is true!

What? Seriously? What the hell women do you hang around with? I've never heard that from any woman I know, so please don't speak for all women with that "saying."

It's just as sexist as the sexism you're railing against prior to the bit in bold. Double standards.

And some people don't call people weird.

Are you quoting me or Gingerlily?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

And what's your opinion on the op's post, that women in short skirts are asking for it?

You say that 'there is a saying among women that you can't even talk to a man without him thinking that you are mad after him.'

And you say that there are 'certain men who see a reality that completely isn't true'.

And what's your opinion on the Op's post, that women in short skirts are asking for it?

• Advertisement

And what's your opinion on the op's post, that women in short skirts are asking for it?

And what's your opinion on the Op's post, that women in short skirts are asking for it?

Advertisement