Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

Hey guys just wondering, does the vetting clear after ya complete the medical or can it clear before?
    AFAIK, Vetting excluding Substance Misuse Test (SMT) can clear at any time, it all depends on your past history. The SMT is only taken at the medical and takes one week to clear. If you contact Vetting in advance of your medical and ask about your status, if you are cleared they will tell you that your vetting has completed, so they must consider the paper forms and the SMT two separate clearances, if that makes sense!

You don't get notified unless they need any more information or you have failed for some reason - you can appeal if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

C3POPO wrote: »
    AFAIK, Vetting excluding Substance Misuse Test (SMT) can clear at any time, it all depends on your past history. The SMT is only taken at the medical and takes one week to clear. If you contact Vetting in advance of your medical and ask about your status, if you are cleared they will tell you that your vetting has completed, so they must consider the paper forms and the SMT two separate clearances, if that makes sense!

You don't get notified unless they need any more information or you have failed for some reason - you can appeal if this is the case.

Thanx very much!!!

Just another quick question, how do ya contact vetting?

TheCub wrote: »
    So what happens if vetting expires? Is it a reduced form that needs to be sent in and do they take as long to process it as the original vetting?
    Good question, they probably only need to validate the change ie if you have changed address, then they need to make the appropriate checks. If you have been arrested, then I think the check will be a bit more robust :)

I've heard that when you get the call they ask you if anything has changed (addresses, medical status etc) so I assume they can complete this quite quickly.

If your vetting forms are in and you are in the waiting room, notify them immediately of any changes so that they can be processed and don't cause any hold ups. The e-mail address was in the vetting form pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

So what happens if vetting expires? Is it a reduced form that needs to be sent in and do they take as long to process it as the original vetting?
    Good question, they probably only need to validate the change ie if you have changed address, then they need to make the appropriate checks. If you have been arrested, then I think the check will be a bit more robust :)

I've heard that when you get the call they ask you if anything has changed (addresses, medical status etc) so I assume they can complete this quite quickly.

If your vetting forms are in and you are in the waiting room, notify them immediately of any changes so that they can be processed and don't cause any hold ups. The e-mail address was in the vetting form pack.

Hopefully the questionnaire isn't anything like before!

Anyone else any experience of vetting expiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Hopefully the questionnaire isn't anything like before!

Anyone else any experience of vetting expiring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Lynxbro

Well I put my vetting in around April or so and it's still outstanding. So I don't think mine will elapse that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Just rang recruitment and my vetting has cleared, the relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Pottergirl16

Does anyone know the process if you fail vetting? I know it can be appealed but does it affect future applications? If anyone has been through this Id appreciate any advice. Please feel free to send me a pm.

Does anyone know the process if you fail vetting? I know it can be appealed but does it affect future applications? If anyone has been through this Id appreciate any advice. Please feel free to send me a pm.
    I haven't been through the appeal process, so don't have any direct knowledge. In my opinion, I would think that the issue would only affect future applications if you failed your appeal and the issue was still present at the time of your future application. If you appeal and you are successful, I don't see why it would affect any future application, as they would have it on record that your appeal was successful and you would also be wise to include the details in your future application.

They do ask for previous UID numbers in the vetting forms (as you probably saw), so they maybe check previous applications possibly to reduce the amount they have to do for a current application, but maybe to make sure you are submitting the same information on both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

I went through the appeal process on my medical. I basically had to get enough evidence to overrule the original decision, I got a professional and expert opinion that ruled against the original decision.

I would imagine it would depend on the reason behind the failure. For example if you failed to disclose information, that would only affect the current application compared to if you served a sentence in jail. That would rule you out as you cannot change that regardless of what you do.

It really depends on the circumstances behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Hey folks

I'll be applying for the first first time in the next recruitment campaign, however I am concerned about vetting. I come from a large family and I am not in contact with the majority of them, would i have to contact all of them to see if they have any convictions etc or is it just immediate family ?

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Razor3677 wrote: »
    Hey folks

I'll be applying for the first first time in the next recruitment campaign, however I am concerned about vetting. I come from a large family and I am not in contact with the majority of them, would i have to contact all of them to see if they have any convictions etc or is it just immediate family ?

Many thanks

If you are as open and honest as you can then I'm sure you will be fine.
    I

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BigEye2016

Razor3677 wrote: »
    Hey folks

Many thanks
    Hi razor,
    Names and addresses of parents and siblings for past 10 years. No need to document their convictions as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Immediate family and Co-habitants is all you need as far as I know, and no need to document their convictions.

Just received a "Change Of Circumstances Questionnaire" through the post - letter states that this is required to prevent expiry of my vetting clearance. Basically asks for a Yes/No for most of the categories that were asked about in the main forms - if anything has changed, put Yes and then give details. Only 7 pages long this time :)

I'll be like - no, no, no, no, no, no, no, post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Are you in 1405 C3POPO?

Psni26 wrote: »
    Are you in 1405 C3POPO?
    Yes. I am actually in both campaigns but the letter didn't have a UID, so I am assuming it is for 1405, but it could be for both, I don't know

yea either way would be good for you! I'm in 1405 so hopefully I have one too!

Psni26 wrote: »
    yea either way would be good for you! I'm in 1405 so hopefully I have one too!
    Yeah, you should definitely have one - they will want to get the 1405 ones in first as we will be in the January intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

God I hope you guys are correct. I'm 1405 and in dire need of some good news! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

With the thought/possibility of movement again in the campaign , would it be wrong if I was finally getting excited :)
    It's been doom and gloom on boards for quite some time!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I am excited on your behalf lol

Yea it's nice to have some positivity! lol would be crappy if your circumstances have changed for anyone hopefully wouldnt have a further hold up!

Nerves2016 wrote: »
    With the thought/possibility of movement again in the campaign , would it be wrong if I was finally getting excited :)
    It's been doom and gloom on boards for quite some time!
    If the negatives get you down, then make sure you let the positive news bring you up! Ride that roller coaster!!!! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭hopeful2017

Was wondering is Smt separate from vetting? If your vetting has cleared do you need to wait on word that the smt has passed before everything has passed altogether or is it part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Was wondering is Smt separate from vetting? If your vetting has cleared do you need to wait on word that the smt has passed before everything has passed altogether or is it part of it?

I've heard mixed responses to this question. However my smt was passed a few days before my vetting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭hopeful2017

How did you find out wannabe? Did you ring or did they contact you?

When I rang I was told I had passed everything., well all 5 stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

How did you find out wannabe? Did you ring or did they contact you?

When I rang I was told I had passed everything., well all 5 stages?

Yeah I just rang them! I specifically asked if I had passed my smt and vetting and then they said smt passed but vetting still processing. Then a few days later I rang and all was passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Now's your chance to delete those dodgy Facebook pics or at the very least sort out those privacy settings!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Homer01 wrote: »
    Now's your chance to delete those dodgy Facebook pics or at the very least sort out those privacy settings!!

You joking? I thought they only creeped on that stuff before GV

Advertisement