Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooh... that's definitely my favourite this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Cant believe no one has mentioned the 3 christmas ad. The little girl and the cloud......its beautiful and hits you right in the feels.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Haven't seen it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

tunguska wrote: »
    Cant believe no one has mentioned the 3 christmas ad. The little girl and the cloud......its beautiful and hits you right in the feels.

Is that the one that was out a year or two ago?

M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭donegal_man

This is the sort of Christmas ad I like. Not the tear jerkers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The M&S ad is great!

Loughc wrote: »
    The M&S ad is great!

Isn't it? Really magical! And Mrs Claus is a badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

M&S

Really enjoyed this one! Bringing back the magic of Christmas :D
    And the "50 Shades of Red" there at the end :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Wouldn't be crazy about the TK Maxx one....but I love love love the M&S one....oh and it's not a tear jerker....but it is magical!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be crazy about the TK Maxx one....but I love love love the M&S one....oh and it's not a tear jerker....but it is magical!!

Really? I'm all snuffly and red eyed here! :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

The M&S one is their best in years.
    The TK Maxx is just odd but that's their thing
    The three one is great because it continues from last year and makes it really Christmassy
    The Lidl one is a real classic and tear jerker. It's the best of the year.

The John Lewis one is awful and set off the season poorly but everyone else has upped their game and this year is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Bit late on this thread but definite fail for John Lewis if you ask me. Didn't like it at all although thought dog was adorable as have had boxers myself :)

I am loving Kevin the carrot ( Although slightly disturbed When he sees the half dwas cooked body of his fallen commerade beside the turkey :p ) and loving the response aldi brought out to the John Lewis add too !

Love the fake John Lewis add with the snowman . That one is very good and touching !

Favourite so far is M and S Mrs Claus. It reminded me of Mrs claus is Arthur christmas who like so many moms / women pull off christmas seemlessly from the background :) it was stylish funny and a bit tongue in cheek but also very accurate representation of most household ar christmas IMO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

Loving the M&S ad can't wait to see it on the TV. Real Christmassy with Mr. & Mrs. CIaus. I actually did get a bit emotional watching it! It was very realastic the way the brother + sister were always fighting but deep down he loved her ahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Just saw the Macy's ad on YouTube. If the Lidl ad got to you this one is well worth a watch.

The Burberry ad is unbelievable. Not at all Christmassy but they must have spent millions on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

touts wrote: »
    Just saw the Macy's ad on YouTube. If the Lidl ad got to you this one is well worth a watch.

Spotted it on Facebook the other day but couldn't for the life of me find it on YouTube!
    It's a lovely ad, up there with one of my favourites this year :)
    For those of you who haven't seen it yet...

Macy's Christmas Advert 2016 - #OldFriends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

Really like the Macy Ad. I love the tear jeaker ads. Christmas is a happier time but also a sad time for most people when the remember loved ones who are no longer with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Another take on the John Lewis ad :)

Anther take on the John Lewis ad :)

Better than the actual ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Waitrose - nice ad but not a Christmas winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Aw, I like the Waitrose one :) thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

That's lovely! I never even thought about migratory robins because so many of them are resident. I'll be leaving some of my mince pies out for them in the next batch :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think the Waitrose ad is stunning! Don't know why you don't think it's a good Christmas ad Alicat! I love robins anyway and I think this was a very clever concept :)

Everytime I see a robin I'm reminded of what I've heard Éanna Ní Lamhna say about them a few times. 'A more belligerent bird you could never meet' sums it up. She has no idea why they're always on Christmas cards. :D

The ad is stunning. It doesn't excite me though. I'd fast forward through it if it came on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Everytime I see a robin I'm reminded of what I've heard Éanna Ní Lamhna say about them a few times. 'A more belligerent bird you could never meet' sums it up. She has no idea why they're always on Christmas cards. :D

The ad is stunning. It doesn't excite me though. I'd fast forward through it if it came on TV.

:eek: Really?! I'm surprised! But hey, different strokes for different folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sainsburys - Vocals by James Corden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ah Macy's had me all teary again.......on another point, does anyone think the guy that Santa winks at at 0:40 looks very like Enda Oates the Irish Actor?

Waitrose is nice - I love robins, but the robin in my garden is an all year robin so wouldn't automatically think of them migrating.

I love the Sainsbury's one...really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

leahyl wrote: »
    I think the Waitrose ad is stunning! Don't know why you don't think it's a good Christmas ad Alicat! I love robins anyway and I think this was a very clever concept :)

Oh no, it's lovely! It just doesn't beat the Lidl one for me as the best ad we've had this Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Chuckles...I thought the same.......LOL...

Advertisement