Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I can't remember Conor ever implying a competitor was doing the dirt on a wife/partner.

I'm not offended by it but it was a weird low blow and Conor chose to ignore it entirely.

Whole presser had a weird vibe. Live viewers peaked close to 200,000 despite the audio issues and late arrival of Santa McGregor.

Best bit was at the very end with Dana practically begging Conor and Eddie not to touch each other:

"please, please don't touch each other i already fcuked up with Joanna/Karolina"

I don't really get your point. Conor goes low all the time, Eddie decided to go low with Conor. Hence why I don't care. If Woodley had made a comment like that to WB I'd say that's uncalled for but we can't really be appalled by someone getting cheeky with Conor.

I'm finding this conference boring though. Eddie is cringy, so is Tyron. Not feeling Conor's presser like others, just want to see them fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/796820838481657856

Pissing myself at this again the most wwe **** ive ever seen.

Haha manhandled by Dana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I just think that's not something that would immediately spring to mind, of all the things that could be said. If it was just Dee surely it was enough to ruin that much on Conor rather than go the extra mile and make that extra bit up

It makes sense to make it up if he is attempting to rattle Conor. Nobody wants their girlfriend questioning them on that type of stuff and that comment would most certainly affect most girlfriends.

Conors perceived weak spots, in terms of being wound-up, are: 1. Dee 2. His team and 3. Ireland.

Eddie tried to go for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I don't really get your point. Conor goes low all the time, Eddie decided to go low with Conor. Hence why I don't care. If Woodley had made a comment like that to WB I'd say that's uncalled for but we can't really be appalled by someone getting cheeky with Conor.

I'm finding this conference boring though. Eddie is cringy, so is Tyron. Not feeling Conor's presser like others, just want to see them fight.

id say woodley was pure raging he had wonderboy accross from him and noone to start drama with :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

It makes sense to make it up if he is attempting to rattle Conor. Nobody wants their girlfriend questioning them on that type of stuff and that comment would most certainly affect most girlfriends.

Conors perceived weak spots, in terms of being wound-up, are: 1. Dee 2. His team and 3. Ireland.

Eddie tried to go for them all.

Are they though? I've never seen him snap over anything as bad as his opponents do I find he snaps over physical confrontation especially in staredowns.

• Advertisement

Cw7hWRuXAAA4B5S.jpg

Homage to smoking Joe.

How can you not like Thompson?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

John should thank Eddie for that little advert for his book :pac:

How did Eddie think that was something negative, what a total thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The weirdest thing was Woodley filming it all, as if he was gonna post it as a fan or something!

Conor's never going back to 170 if he has sense, stop with the crap questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The weirdest thing was Woodley filming it all, as if he was gonna post it as a fan or something!

i loved that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Did they swap the belts back or did they walk off with each others?

I'm sure Eddie grabbed the wrong one back, a journo said that to him but he didn't hear or blanked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

cloudatlas wrote: »
    John should thank Eddie for that little advert for his book :pac:

How did Eddie think that was something negative, what a total thick.

if youre reading this john, please for the love of all that is good tweet this ''big thanks to @ealvarezfight for the free plug of my book, available now at all good bookshops''

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Karolina is loving her free leather jacket anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Did Eddie not take the 45 belt there? Has Conor already claimed the 55 belt and vacated the 45? :pac:

Depp wrote: »
    if youre reading this john, please for the love of all that is good tweet this ''big thanks to @ealvarezfight for the free plug of my book, available now at all good bookshops''

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/796815119493767168

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I found this press conference interesting despite what newstalk said about it. I think that this is going to be a super fight.

To be honest, Eddie is pretty bad at talking and the show man stuff, you can tell he is trying to hard. I think this is going to be an amazing fight and I think anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

.ak wrote: »
    Did Eddie not take the 45 belt there? Has Conor already claimed the 55 belt and vacated the 45? :pac:

You're probably joking but the journalist also seemed confused by it so I'm going to point out that they aren't their belts, they're props given to them for the press conference so no one cares which one they walk off with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I don't think people can rightly say that Alvarez shot a low blow on the whole 2 kids 2 different women dig. As mentioned Conor is fair game!

It is highly unlikely that he has any secret knowledge of a Conor love affair. And sure if Dee is pregnant with twins then she can be sure it's bull.

It does show that Conor's previous comments about Eddie's kids not wanting daddy to fight anymore really hit a nerve. And i don't think it was a low blow by Conor. It was facetious trash talk much like the red panty gem. A low blow would be something along the lines of I'll rearrange your whole families face etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Did they swap the belts back or did they walk off with each others?

I'm sure Eddie grabbed the wrong one back, a journo said that to him but he didn't hear or blanked it.

i rewinded and eddie took th fw belt

Depp wrote: »

John is always reading :)

Win or Learn Baby hahaha. Loved when he said that.

Ps. Hope Axwell is awake we'll be needing a new thread in about an hour at this rate, ticking towards 10k

Anyone else hoping Karolina shuts Joanna up with an upset win?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nope i love JJ shes going to wreck Karolina imo

3e now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You're probably joking but the journalist also seemed confused by it so I'm going to point out that they aren't their belts, they're props given to them for the press conference so no one cares which one they walk off with

Ah, no I genuinely did not know that! Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

[font=gotham, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]eddie was definitley emotional, so it will be interesting how he handles it[/font]
    the fact that eddie mentioned about the pregnency was below the belt for him. he did not really want to go there, he was even asking the audience if they wanted him to reveal conors announcement and he eventually did when asked. conor did not react, which says alot. Not that conor was annoyed, although I am sure he would have preferred it was not said, but he defo is not going to add to it.

The fact that eddie did go this low(if thats what you want to call it) shows that he wants to react to what conor has said(re kids) already

[font=gotham, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And if eddie wants to alledge an affair then fair enough. This is the fight game and anything is fair game. It is for conor so likewise it should be the same for eddie. It's all just verbal anyhow, but this overall the presser was a bit too much like wwe/staged/fake which does not appeal to me. [/font]

Yes!!! JJ is pure evil. KK is tough too, either way it should be a great bout.

I think Eddie regretted it too soon as he said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This thread.. Trying to weed out the intelligent legible posts becomes near impossible this near the fight.

Only home from training now so gonna have a watch of the presser see what everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement