Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free BT Sports and Eir Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

im using a sky box for fta and had that error, did a manual pair and it worked for me:

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/New-Installation.php

Did anyone who is an Eir landline and mobile customer only try asking for the free Eir sport on their sky. My parents are in a rural area where Eir can't provide BB but they are paying more for the landline alone than many of the broadband bundles and there is three eMobile bill phones linked to the account too. Before they call up I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just to mention for anyone who had an existing Setanta subscription, I received a €50 refund today from eir for the balance of my year's sub. Happy days!

Worth double checking either to look for the refund or seeing if it has been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

tallpaul wrote: »
    Just to mention for anyone who had an existing Setanta subscription, I received a €50 refund today from eir for the balance of my year's sub. Happy days!

Worth double checking either to look for the refund or seeing if it has been paid.
    as above got a refund of €47.95

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Have a minix box. Downloaded the app via the google play store. Logged in on the app and it works well.

Hi ronanc1000, what model minix box are you using? Regards... Alan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

itoro wrote: »
    im using a sky box for fta and had that error, did a manual pair and it worked for me:

https://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/New-Installation.php

D0 i need to connect the phone line to the box to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Any way to get the app on an Amazon Fire stick with Kodi installed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

chasm wrote: »

No.

whiterebel wrote: »
    No.

Didn't work, says it needs to be connected to a phone line. Box currently states that "This is the wrong card for this set top box". Ah sod it! I managed this long without those sports channels, i think i can live without them lol. Have to say it is so typically "eir" though - nothing is straightforward and they can't/won't answer simple questions in relation to this on their talk to page either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Yes you need phone line connect. This Manual pair involves a callback to sky centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

You can use a Ethernet cable or set up WiFi on the box and it'll work

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

givecredit wrote: »
    Yes you need phone line connect. This Manual pair involves a callback to sky centre.

Strange, my Sky box has never been conncetd to a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

For anyone that wants to know. You don't need to be subscribed to Sky to get the free BT/Eir Sports on your Sky box. You just need your old sky box and your old viewing card and enter the 9 digit number of that card into Eir's registration page and the BT Sport channels will be instantly available even though you cannot get any of the Sky channels as you are no longer a Sky customer. It's great for anybody who is still using their old Sky Box for free to air channels as this adds 6 great HD sports channels to the mix. Really great for watching the big UFC matches. I'm not a Sky customer but I signed up with my old Sky viewing card that's in the old sky box and I got the BT sports instantly.

Did anyone who is an Eir landline and mobile customer only try asking for the free Eir sport on their sky. My parents are in a rural area where Eir can't provide BB but they are paying more for the landline alone than many of the broadband bundles and there is three eMobile bill phones linked to the account too. Before they call up I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation.

It's only free for Eir broadband customers. It's not available for Eir mobile or landline only customers. You need to have one of their broadband packages, otherwise you need to pay for it

CFC007 wrote: »
    Any way to get the app on an Amazon Fire stick with Kodi installed.

Yeah, you can get the app onto a Fire TV Stick by sideloading the Android app onto the Fire TV. I hate the Fire TV Sticks though as they have very limtied functionality and you can't use an air mouse with them. I have the new full sized Fire TV unit which allows you to use and air mouse. You need this to operated the Eir app. I'd advise ditching the Fir TV Stick and just buy the full sized one as it's way better.

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Anyone here using a sky box with the FTA channels as well as getting the EiR Sports pack through their box?

Currently using a UK viewing card in the box. Got an Irish card however it isn't paired with the box (so the message tells me) so do I need to get the card paired with the box before this will work?

Yeah, I just signed up with my old Sky Box even though I'm not a Sky subscriber. Just popped in the number on the old viewing card into the Eir sport registration page and the BT sports were instantly unlocked.

loughrey wrote: »
    For anyone that wants to know. You don't need to be subscribed to Sky to get the free BT/Eir Sports on your Sky box. You just need your old sky box and your old viewing card and enter the 9 digit number of that card into Eir's registration page and the BT Sport channels will be instantly available even though you cannot get any of the Sky channels as you are no longer a Sky customer. It's great for anybody who is still using their old Sky Box for free to air channels as this adds 6 great HD sports channels to the mix. Really great for watching the big UFC matches. I'm not a Sky customer but I signed up with my old Sky viewing card that's in the old sky box and I got the BT sports instantly.
    Yeah, I just signed up with my old Sky Box even though I'm not a Sky subscriber. Just popped in the number on the old viewing card into the Eir sport registration page and the BT sports were instantly unlocked.

Handy enough if, as you say you have an old box and card, as they will already be paired. Unfortunately i had neither as i have never been a customer of sky. My parents gave me their old sky box but they cannot find the card for it, my brother gave me his old sky card but it's not paired with the box so it's not so straightforward.

Handy enough if, as you say you have an old box and card, as they will already be paired. Unfortunately i had neither as i have never been a customer of sky. My parents gave me their old sky box but they cannot find the card for it, my brother gave me his old sky card but it's not paired with the box so it's not so straightforward.

Yeah, most people have their old box with their old viewing card still in it. i don't know why your parents would have even taken the viewing card out of the old box as nobody ever has a reason to need to remove the viewing card from the Sky Box. Best to look for card and box from Adverts or be a chancer and call sky to see if they will pair the old card to the box. If you get a nix guy on the phone he might do it for you as a FTA card. In the UK they sell FTA cards that are paired to the box, which would allow you to access BT Sport as I have a UK FTA card for my box, i'm not sure if Sky Ireland sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

This doesnt work on my tv box? It keeps crashing just after login.

Working on firefox on win7. BUT silverlight blocks me from connecting HDMI to tv from laptop. Any workaround on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In the UK they sell FTA cards that are paired to the box
    In that situation you would have to buy the box and card together without any guarantee that the card is indeed paired to the box. In any event that is totally irrelevant to the issue as a UK card will not work here

as I have a UK FTA card for my box
    Are you receiving the Eir Sports pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Just ring Eir Sport, ask them for a new viewing card. You will get one in post within about 3-4 days. Ring them again to pair card with box and activate sports.

I have done the above without any issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

How do I add eir sport channels to my box. I have e fibre and e vision but the channels don't show up on my tv yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

The quality of the online player is horrendous. It is so blurry to watch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How do I add eir sport channels to my box. I have e fibre and e vision but the channels don't show up on my tv yet

If you're trying to watch them through eVision you'll need to call them I'd say.

If you're trying to watch via a Sky box, you can pair the viewing card number to your eir account on the eir Sports site as described previously

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Vahevala wrote: »
    The quality of the online player is horrendous. It is so blurry to watch :(

That's your device and/or internet buddy! You getting good speeds? Use 5ghz wireless where possible. Mine is perfect everytime on Lappy and ipad anywhere I have used them. Obviously got a few glitches but none quality related.

Originally Posted by Killergreene View Post

I had this problem and after numerous phone calls to their support and many resets It was me who figured it out.

Go to Settings and (not sure as not at my tv) go to channel list I think it is.

In there there is a little Eye beside the channels you can see when you browse or go to menu. Ensure they all have the Eye switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

battser wrote: »
    That's your device and/or internet buddy! You getting good speeds? Use 5ghz wireless where possible. Mine is perfect everytime on Lappy and ipad anywhere I have used them. Obviously got a few glitches but none quality related.

I am on UPC broadband and my speed is top notch and my laptop is new. I have seen other posts on twitter saying the same. The quality is poor. It is certainly nowhere near HD quality and as for a 5 min delay, that is so stupid.

https://twitter.com/jacobzur/status/767366618116714496

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Agreed. The picture quality on the eir app is nowhere near as good as Sky Go which is excellent.

Incidentally the picture quality on the MLB At Bat is fantastic. Proper HD.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

What's the link to watch it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My old Setanta/BT 2 monthly sub expires tomorrow and normally I would have received a phone call from Setanta long before now offering it to me again for a tenner a month for the next 2 months. I was sort of hoping that the takeover by Eir would have resulted in the Setanta staff being retained and maybe they or their replacements would have been ringing round people like my self but not a cheep unfortunately.

Ah well, its one bill less to pay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

givecredit wrote: »
    Just ring Eir Sport, ask them for a new viewing card. You will get one in post within about 3-4 days. Ring them again to pair card with box and activate sports.

I have done the above without any issues.

Thanks, i got in touch with Eir and a card is on the way.

Advertisement