Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

• 21-10-2016 12:00am

The actors done their part even if the writing itself was beyond ridiculous. Just watching that program collision at the moment that was aired on itv a while back....hmmm they hardly copied it did they? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,933 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Dan was a trainee paramedic now, where was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just got around to watching tonights two episodes. Great stuff altogether - John Middleton was superb as usual portraying Ashley's dementia.

Really hoping Ashley, Aaron and Paddy make it through the week - I actually don't want anyone to die, unless Chrissie somehow manages to get caught up in the carnage...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Dan was a trainee paramedic now, where was he?

I mean half the village were coincidentally caught up in this pile up miles away from home and yet Dan wasnt there......just doesnt seem right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm wondering about Cain and/or Charity.......:confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'm wondering about Cain and/or Charity.......:confused:;)

They
    hit the front next week and from Monday (per TV guide) "Cain is incriminated." (In what? Can't remember recent spoilers.) Then during the week features Cain, Charity and Noah.

That running parallel to the aftermath of the crash and Lacky auditioning for BGT as an illusionist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Did anyone notice just before Lachlan appeared on screen, the camera pans across peoples feet, about 4 people, when the camera came to the last pair its Lachlan. I found it really strange who where the other people!? When Robert went over after Lachlan there was no one else there! Vic and Adam were over with Arron at the ambulance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Just watched the crash scene. That was absolutely incredible! !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Well each to their own. I suppose. I also find jeremy kyle and Ben sheppard attractive.

Very true

Did Batty Barton get the drugs for Holly? Did she kill her?

HS3 wrote: »
    Did Batty Barton get the drugs for Holly? Did she kill her?

Would answer the question as to why they showed the open window!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Well considering she was away on holidays with Charlie Stubbs the week before Holly died and only got back a couple of days after if I recall, I would probably say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So the crash happened on Monday,no one dead yet. English funerals usually take 10-14 days r more, so that wud leave the start of mon-thurs episodes in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well considering she was away on holidays with Charlie Stubbs the week before Holly died and only got back a couple of days after if I recall, I would probably say no!

Oh yes, I never thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Talking bread, you are a star - thanks very much!

There was a moment I thought Emma was going to confess to something re Holly and John. How did John die again?

Alice1 wrote: »
    Talking bread, you are a star - thanks very much!

In general, I assume you mean, not just for the video link? ;)

At least someone here likes me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

HS3 wrote:
    There was a moment I thought Emma was going to confess to something re Holly and John. How did John die again?

I think it was a car crash, could be wrong though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How did John die again?

Car crash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Having recorded this weeka episodes I'll watch them all tonight.
    I don't read this thread again until I've seen them.

Having recorded this weeka episodes I'll watch them all tonight.
    I don't read this thread again until I've seen them.
    Didn't miss much. Car Crash TV.

Car hit ice and flew off towards a cliff. Balanced on cliff for a while, moira got out but the jeep flew off cliff with John. He was saved but died in hospital. Very uneventful exit to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

When you think about it a bit, surely most of them should have died? If something like this happened in reality, I don't think every single person directly involved would survive the scene long enough to be taken to hospital.

Couldn't believe it when I saw Paddy sitting there with his arm in a sling. Last night were given the impression he was at deaths door FFS !

yeah, as if he would f'in leave the lad dying in hospital to risk his life jumping into a quarry lake for a stupid ring. Ludricuous writing just to play on the hearstrings of the Robron obsessors!!!

Other than that, good episode thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh that's it, I bet Robert goes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Pfffft It was just James.. Emmerdale liked my tweet earlier though lol! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Glad it wasn't Aaron. himself and Rhonda scrubbed up well for the funeral given the state of them in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Reckon Ashley is afraid to say he saw an "angel" on the bridge..they might think he's losing it.........:D

• Advertisement

Car hit ice and flew off towards a cliff. Balanced on cliff for a while, moira got out but the jeep flew off cliff with John. He was saved but died in hospital. Very uneventful exit to be fair

ah yes! I remember the car dangling scene. So Emma can't be brought into that either. Shame.

I have LOVED this week! It was so brilliantly done. The teasing out of it tonight at the funeral was brilliant. The crash itself was jaw dropping! When Pierce was sitting in the car and the next one came bundling through I yelped! Then the motorbike flying over Ashleys head!!! It was terrific viewing. And now it leads into Ashley vs Emma. The woman who plays her btw is so good!!

I'm sad it's over now :D

Advertisement