Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs Toulouse 15/10/2016 Sky Sports 4 from 17.30

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's the score lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

To attend a game like Leinsters today then get home to watch a bit of this, itd cheer you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

This is compelling viewing. Connacht are a little naive at times, but the enterprise is great. Hopefully they can hold on and hopefully TOH is not badly injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Stheno wrote: »
    What's the score lads?

23 - 21 to connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

They always screw up at the best line out positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

Toulouse are rattled, keep the foot on there throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Connacht have botched two or three attacking lineouts in the Toulouse 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

What exactly was happening there with Toulouse players coming around at the ruck?

Great win for Connacht. I love watching them play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

Wow, that was good. Absolutely brilliant from Connacht to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That was the slowest last 90 seconds I have ever lived through...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

What a win!

Glorious scenes.

Kept Toulouse scoreless for the second half.

The scary thing is how many mistakes Connacht made and how much more they can improve.

Fantastic 5 points to get.

Games vs Wasps are now key.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There were five or six a mile offside and not even being subtle about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TeoReid wrote: »
    What exactly was happening there with Toulouse players coming around at the ruck?

Dunno, but there should have been a penalty against them for being offside

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Great comeback after half time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That was a master-class in how to win without a functioning set-piece, well done Connacht.

I think I'll spew if I hear more talk about Toulouse being rugby royalty etc. Rugby is about the here and now, and there is way to much hanging onto past exploits by fans IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Connach bring a smile to my face when they play, but by God they must put their fans through the ringer ....

Fantastic win, and more should be expected off this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Phew! The last few minutes were not easy to watch. Great win especially when you consider how poor the scrum was today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Aki superb, whenever Connacht have a big win he tends to be MOTM. He inspires them. Thought SOB was good when he came on. TOH and Kelleher looked danergeous too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I didn't see the first half, so all I saw was Connacht dominate, but Ronaldson was immense. His tackling, offloading and his conversion was brilliant.

Was he at fault for any of the Toulouse tries or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Great win Connacht.
    Fair play.

Bundi deserved man of the match.
    Kelleher looks a serious prospect.
    Heenan is v good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Hagz wrote: »
    Why are Connacht fans booing? It was clear crossing.
    Why are they booing. Marmion didn't take it from the mark.
    Why are they booing. McKeon was in from the side.

I'll ask them at the next big meet up.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I didn't see the first half, so all I saw was Connacht dominate, but Ronaldson was immense. His tackling, offloading and his conversion was brilliant.

Was he at fault for any of the Toulouse tries or anything?

Ronaldson was excellent today. Really handy player to have inside Carty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Why were the Connacht fans cheering at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Connacht are a breath of fresh air. Just exhilarating to watch. Great brand of rugby, and great strength of character. Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Bazzo wrote: »
    I'll ask them at the next big meet up.

It was all tongue in cheek in fairness. Just like it was all tongue in cheek I'm sure from the fans. But it's certainly in the Rodney Parade territory these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Connach bring a smile to my face when they play, but by God they must put their fans through the ringer ....

Fantastic win, and more should be expected off this team.

Sweet Jesus theyll be the death of me. Ive the sleaves chewed of me jumper after the last 10 minutes. Massive win tonight and a great boost to make the knockout stages. We need to sort out the number 10 though, Jack Carty is not up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Epic, if Connacht Rugby last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour." :D

• Advertisement

Sweet Jesus theyll be the death of me. Ive the sleaves chewed of me jumper after the last 10 minutes. Massive win tonight and a great boost to make the knockout stages. We need to sort out the number 10 though, Jack Carty is not up to scratch.

Carty as per usual mixed the good with the bad. He had some really good moments kicking from hand and ball in hand, but Ronaldson should 100% have been taking the kicks from the tee from the start. If he was there wouldn't be a huge amount to criticise about Jack's performance.

The commentator mentioned that Carty's kicking stats are below 50% for the season at some stage there...

Advertisement