Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs Toulouse 15/10/2016 Sky Sports 4 from 17.30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

TeoReid wrote: »
    What exactly was happening there with Toulouse players coming around at the ruck?

Think it was something along these lines.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYSXdoNc-Xs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Think it was something along these lines.

I knew I had seen something like that before. Great rugby awareness, but Connacht stayed calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If you're so inclined, let's all get absolutely pished tonight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Would love to be heading to O'Connells for a few scoops after that. I'd say the place will be hoppin!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ach, I think I even posted that clip myself last year after arguing in a thread that it would be a legal move, but it didn't occur to me earlier there was no ruck contest at the end.

Toulouse 7 got pinged and warned in the first half for contesting a ball after a tackle with no ruck formed, I thought.

Connacht were very blasé themselves about protecting rucks for a lot of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

dregin wrote: »
    Would love to be heading to O'Connells for a few scoops after that. I'd say the place will be hoppin!

It is 😉

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭flogthebog

Sweet Jesus theyll be the death of me. Ive the sleaves chewed of me jumper after the last 10 minutes. Massive win tonight and a great boost to make the knockout stages. We need to sort out the number 10 though, Jack Carty is not up to scratch.

joey carbery and we are complete :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

flogthebog wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus theyll be the death of me. Ive the sleaves chewed of me jumper after the last 10 minutes. Massive win tonight and a great boost to make the knockout stages. We need to sort out the number 10 though, Jack Carty is not up to scratch.

joey carbery and we are complete :-)
    Or Manitz Boshoff, coming next week ;)

would suggest that Matt is worried about his place. Cian is playing blinders these days. And connachta i was most happy to pick up my winnings on my way home tonight. you had me worried. what an immense performance. what a team we have

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

connachta wrote: »
    Great name for a rugby player. :D

• Advertisement

would suggest that Matt is worried about his place. Cian is playing blinders these days. And connachta i was most happy to pick up my winnings on my way home tonight. you had me worried. what an immense performance. what a team we have
    I was right all along, no scrum but stay positive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

How bad did TOHs injury look on tv? Exceptional again tonight

ClanofLams wrote: »
    How bad did TOHs injury look on tv? Exceptional again tonight

Not bad, walking by himself. Back are Poolman and Parata if needed

have to say poolman or parata is not toh. he is a fulcrum to our backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Yoda. Is that you?

I wisely enough predicted scrum disaster and Toulouse defence collapse, so yeah, for tonight Yoda I am:angel::D

FFS we've beaten Toulouse. Again. Guys do you realise, or you all became success-aholic?;)

I wisely enough predicted scrum disaster and Toulouse defence collapse, so yeah, for tonight Yoda I am:angel::D

FFS we've beaten Toulouse. Again. Guys do you realise, or you all became success-aholic?;)

was thinking much the same. we won the pro12 but this win was even better. where does this dream stop?

Despite being pro12 champions and a team in my opinion that shouldn't fear French opposition, I still felt that Sky were very much treating Connacht as the plucky underdogs.

Gave a massive fist bump to the sky at the final whistle and the last 5 minutes I'd say I'd have failed every blood pressure test on the planet.

Terrific win, hard fought and well won. Terrific rugby throughout. Wasps v Connacht is going to be some show.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Forgot about him, Just re-watched his highlight reel there, very promising looking fella with loads of experience. Hell do very nicely indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Mighty match, season ticket holder who couldn't be there because I had to go to a wedding, thank goodness for decent wifi and modbro, up the West! Good to see mathch thread getting more traffic compared to Leinster game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Good to see mathch thread getting more traffic compared to Leinster game.

Because that's what's important.....

molloyjh wrote: »
    Because that's what's important.....

no. not true mollyjh. we are just thrilled for our team who we love much

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Off to friends for dinner after the match in the RDS so missed this match......wonderful result - well done Connacht!!!!! Looking forward to watching the recording.

Great day for Irish rugby.

as argument goes, leinster vs castres or connacht vs toulouse. now which was better?. which would you want to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I think its fair to say Connacht's season is now properly up and running after a few poor early results most likely due to a disrupted preseason. Connacht on form are the best Irish province to watch (Leinster fan here). That first try from Dillane's stolen lineout in their own 22 was a thing of beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

One sided affairs are rarely as entertaining to watch. Unless the All Blacks are playing.

Hagz wrote: »
    One sided affairs are rarely as entertaining to watch. Unless the All Blacks are playing.

but there wasnt anything onesided. connacht game was mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

as argument goes, leinster vs castres or connacht vs toulouse. now which was better?. which would you want to watch

Leinster fans - Leinster. Connacht fans - Connacht. Neutrals - Connacht Toulouse as much closer affair. Who cares though?! Two provinces beat two T14 teams, good day.

We have top players, but tonight
    Have we got
    Henshaw? No
    Buckley? No
    Muldowney? No
    McCartney? No
    White? No
    Roux? No
    Masterson? No
    Nepia? No
    Boshoff? No
    Healy? No
    AhYou? No
    J.Cooney? No
    Have we won? Yes, damn yes
    Lam was so right when he said it is all about building a team.....So so right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

but there wasnt anything onesided. connacht game was mental?

I know that there was nothing one sided about the Connacht vs. Toulouse game that took place this evening.

Advertisement