Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

NikoTopps wrote: »
    So when you create this family can you see the names of other people in it?

I set up my group so I can see the details, just email addresses but on PayPal you I can see their names and addresses and they can see mine but the group cannot see each others. It's just transactional details between the organiser and participants

I can easily enter my family account and remove them if I like so there's trust involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Berty wrote: »
    I set up my group so I can see the details, just email addresses but on PayPal you I can see their names and addresses and they can see mine but the group cannot see each others. It's just transactional details between the organiser and participants

I can easily enter my family account and remove them if I like so there's trust involved.

Ah, perfect, that's exactly what I thought. Cheers Berty!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Roark wrote: »
    First five to add thanks were:

Genghis Paid up and invite sent
    JAMM222 Paid up and invite sent
    pat1981 Paid up and invite sent
    robertowjr Pm sent
    bonkers Pm sent

sorry I couldn't be in earlier, just pmed you the details and sent the transfer as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

robertowjr wrote: »
    sorry I couldn't be in earlier, just pmed you the details and sent the transfer as well :)

No problem. I just sent the invite there and I pm'd you with address details.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Is there a charge for sending gifts through PayPal? This would seem like an ideal use of the Revolut facility which allows users to transfer funds between each other for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Quackster wrote: »
    Is there a charge for sending gifts through PayPal? This would seem like an ideal use of the Revolut facility which allows users to transfer funds between each other for free.

No, Paypal doesn't charge transfer fees if you are sending to "friends and family".

Revolut is also a good option if everyone involved has a card with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I'm still interested in joining a group. Just pm me I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Ditto, if there are any more spaces I would happily join us! :D Please PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Roark

Everyone is paid up now in our Group. Cheers lads. :)

I'll pm everyone 2 weeks before the 6 months is up to see if ye want to continue for another 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 decmeister

if anyone else is setting up a group i would love to join
    thanks
    declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I'd also be interested in joining a group. PM if you are looking for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Aspiring wrote: »
    I'd also be interested in joining a group. PM if you are looking for someone.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Hi guys, 2 spaces in my group (got no reply from 2 others) , just thank this post and I'll PM you my email address - il try get the first two thanks :)

Edit: full for now

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

I just realised although i was the second person to thank you, i was bumped to the third person as username goes in alphabet order.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

pat1981 wrote: »
    I just realised although i was the second person to thank you, i was bumped to the third person as username goes in alphabet order.

Sorry Pat, if it anyone else backs out I'll let you know, I thought like you it was the order of when thanked rather than alphabetical, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I am going to set up a family group. The first 5 people to PM me (please include your Spotify username and the email address you are sending the money from on PayPal so I know who it is), I will send them my PayPal address. Once I receive 5 payments of €15 on PayPal I will send out the invites.

I will edit this post to show who is in the group, and who has paid/not paid.

GROUP IS NOW FULL.

Group:
    1. Esse85 - paid
    2. Affluenza - paid
    3. pat1981 - paid
    4. clickhere - paid
    5. MAJJ - paid

All paid up and all invites sent.

Just a note for anyone who is thinking of setting up a family group. You don't actually need their Spotify username, you just send them the invite via email then they set it up with their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 decmeister

anyone thinking of starting another group
    if so im in

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

robertowjr wrote: »
    No, Paypal doesn't charge transfer fees if you are sending to "friends and family".

Revolut is also a good option if everyone involved has a card with them.

Paypal do actually charge for friend and family transfers if you don't have funds in your paypal acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

I thought it was me , spent about 30 minutes looking for gift transaction etc, but to no avail cost 86 cents to send, no bigger delighted with deal but I couldn,t work out how to send for free Thanks for posting.

etc
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Paypal do actually charge for friend and family transfers if you don't have funds in your paypal acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rakmator

a lesson learnt: since my initial Spotify account was opened in another EU country (not Ireland), I am not able to add new group members who are Not in that country.

I have now issued refunds to both soundsham and browne_rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

rakmator wrote: »
    I have also now set up a family group but only have 3 places left.

The first 3 people to PM me (please include the email address you are sending the money from on PayPal so I know it is from you), I will send them my PayPal address. Once I receive your payment of 15 on PayPal I will send out your invite.

Once all three places are gone, I will update this message here.

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Can anyone who has setup a group account post detailed instructions about how to do it & the best way to manage the payments? It might encourage others (inc me) to setup groups too.

Thanks

*Set up Family Account on your own Spotify Account - Set up an Address
    *Offer the Places for €14.99
    *Receive Payment(s)
    *Get e-mail addresses from buyers
    *Enter their e-mail addresses on Spotify and they get a link

*They will be asked to enter the actual Address that you set up on your Spotify Account. Give them this.

*After 6 months either cancel the payments and delete the family members or organise to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

*After 6 months either cancel the payments and delete the family members or organise to go again.

why 6 months?

*Set up Family Account on your own Spotify Account - Set up an Address
    *Offer the Places for €14.99
    *Receive Payment(s)
    *Get e-mail addresses from buyers
    *Enter their e-mail addresses on Spotify and they get a link

*They will be asked to enter the actual Address that you set up on your Spotify Account. Give them this.

Thanks Berty.

OK, I'll set one up then. First 5 people to like this post will get a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What's that got to do with anything?! This is a regular offer for Irish customers. :confused:

Wasn't awake typing that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

jobless wrote: »
    why 6 months?

Because that's all they've paid for so otherwise the family organiser will be still paying and giving them free access. I set one of these in work with everyone paying cash. It's just for a month and I overestimated some people's ability to use the internet or follow instructions. I had one guy trying to log into his Spotify account using the redeem code as a password, another not able to redeem the code because he didn't know his Spotify password and can't figure out how to retrieve it and one lad asking what Spotify was after the account was set up. I'd say I'll have some free slots when the month is up.

jobless wrote: »
    why 6 months?

€14.99 per month. 6 people pay this amount each which is 6 months worth of payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

garion wrote: »
    Thanks Berty.

Will you be taking payments through Paypal?

• Advertisement

garion wrote: »
    Thanks Berty.

I've still got 3 slots left open:
    1. soundsham - PM sent
    2. robertowjr - PM sent
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?

Anyone for the last 3 slots....?

Advertisement