Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

shalom wrote: »
    I've pm you
    PM'd

Hi,
    Shalom, I didn't get a PM from you?

Eclipsechaser and TestTransmission PMd me first, so i'll give them first shot at this out of fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭shalom

Hi,
    Shalom, I didn't get a PM from you?

Eclipsechaser and TestTransmission PMd me first, so i'll give them first shot at this out of fairness.

Blast it . Ok if anyone else is doing it I'd appreciate to be included. I mustn't have pressed send .on the phone . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Me too.. keep me in mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

I'd like to join a group too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Me three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Me Four!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Would be interest being part of a group aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

Next group up, count me in. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

If someone is setting up a group drop me a pm please

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

PM if anyone is interested...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Im interested if anyone is setting this up again. PM me.

I'd like to be included if someone's settled by up a group... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 smk321

Same, if anyones setting one up I'm up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Another wanting to join a group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi, still interested if I could tag on to a group,

Ok, ill start the group for a 1 year subscription - so €30 each.

First 6 people to PM me with their email address are in.

Ill confirm when all the spaces are taken.

2 spots left in our family!

1 spot left...

All full - no more PMs please!

Missed this again arghhhhhhhh!!!! Next person who sets one up PM me please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

All the people asking to join a group, why can't you start the group yourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

As the previous poster said, those looking for a group should just set one up. It is incredibly straightforward and easy to do. You don't need to provide your personal address to the others in the group or anything like that, you can just make one up for the other group members to use. Took me about two hours in total between posting here saying I was starting a group, to getting the money from 5 people, to setting up the family on Spotify and sending the invites. We're now a happy Spotify family :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Do people not have enough friends in real life to get this set up? Much handier than dealing with people you don't know from the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Do people not have enough friends in real life to get this set up? Much handier than dealing with people you don't know from the internet!

It's a lot easier to set it up here on this dedicated forum that attracts interested people, than going through the hassle of trying to contact friends through Facebook or real life or elsewhere, when they may or may not have Spotify, may or may not be even interested etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

It's incredibly easy to set this up. And as someone else said it's ideal to have a dedicated thread about it where there's clearly a lot of demand.

There's trust involved too for sure but even if someone tried to pull a fast one you can just request a refund through PayPal and you'll get your money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

NikoTopps wrote: »
    It's incredibly easy to set this up. And as someone else said it's ideal to have a dedicated thread about it where there's clearly a lot of demand.

There's trust involved too for sure but even if someone tried to pull a fast one you can just request a refund through PayPal and you'll get your money back.

I thought if you pay by friends and family you can't get a refund?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

meathman0 wrote: »

That is correct, payments sent via friends and family fall outside Paypal purchase protection program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sweetie wrote: »
    All the people asking to join a group, why can't you start the group yourselves?

Typical BA 'sleepers'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 smk321

Aspiring wrote: »
    As the previous poster said, those looking for a group should just set one up. It is incredibly straightforward and easy to do. You don't need to provide your personal address to the others in the group or anything like that, you can just make one up for the other group members to use. Took me about two hours in total between posting here saying I was starting a group, to getting the money from 5 people, to setting up the family on Spotify and sending the invites. We're now a happy Spotify family :pac:

What exactly is involved in it? I wouldn't mind for a year of spotify for €30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

meathman0 wrote: »

Yeah, that's right. I had to use it before however and PayPal took the hit themselves so they will help you if worse comes to worse.

smk321 wrote: »
    What exactly is involved in it? I wouldn't mind for a year of spotify for €30.

feck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

Is there a way to pay for the year, instead of per month?

mel123 wrote: »
    Is there a way to pay for the year, instead of per month?
    I think that once you initiate a contract and subscribe to a rolling monthly contract, you will then have an option to change the billing frequency to yearly. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so i have a group of friends to set up this up. Some of them have premium accounts already though..... do i need them to cancel that before i ask them to join?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

jobless wrote: »
    so i have a group of friends to set up this up. Some of them have premium accounts already though..... do i need them to cancel that before i ask them to join?

No they don't need to cancel it, they will be switched over to the family no problem. If the family group ever ceases to exist they will get the remainder of whatever premium time they paid for before joining the family. So if they are currently paying for premium monthly, if for example they paid last week for another month's premium, if they join the family now and ever leave it, they will get the remainder (roughly 3 weeks in this case) of the months premium they paid for before they joined the family. Basically they won't lose any premium time they paid for before joining the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

No they don't need to cancel it, they will be switched over to the family no problem. If the family group ever ceases to exist they will get the remainder of whatever premium time they paid for before joining the family. So if they are currently paying for premium monthly, if for example they paid last week for another month's premium, if they join the family now and ever leave it, they will get the remainder (roughly 3 weeks in this case) of the months premium they paid for before they joined the family. Basically they won't lose any premium time they paid for before joining the family.

great, thanks for the info!

smk321 wrote: »

What exactly is involved in it? I wouldn't mind for a year of spotify for 30.

If you're interested in setting one up let me know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I cant find the option to pay for the full year upfront.

The only options i have is 15 Euro a month for family or 120 a year for one user.

Can somebody point me in the right direction

Thanks in a advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

There is no option to pay for a year on the family plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How hard can it be.?

Step 1. Get 6 people
    Step 2. Lead person opens a PayPal account for the deal.
    Step 3. People pay up front and it all goes into the PayPal account.
    Step 4. Lead person opens up Spotify account, invites the other 5 and they join.

I opened a new PayPal account specially for this deal and also an email address
    Once the money is gone in 12 months it's all gone! Except if people contact me ,and that's if I remember the email address I used :)

Everyone sent a gift and paid their PayPal fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Please PM if anyone is creating a group

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sheepless

I need two more members for a family
    €30 for the year. PM me if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Hope you still have room left, PM sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone think this would work for a Netflix family plan?

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone think this would work for a Netflix family plan?

I wouldn't imagine so as with Netflix the max is 4 devices from the same account so it would require you giving out your username and password to those whom you want to share with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine so as with Netflix the max is 4 devices from the same account so it would require you giving out your username and password to those whom you want to share with.
    sure that would be ok , just set it up with four people

puddles22 wrote: »

Ya I guess someone creates a new email account. Then setups a netflix account with that email address. Then shares with 3 others.

It's not as clean a setup as Spotify I agree though.

puddles22 wrote: »

but nothing stopping one of the 4 changing the password and then locking the other 3 out then ;)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    but nothing stopping one of the 4 changing the password and then locking the other 3 out then ;)

True I guess :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cronos wrote: »
    True I guess :(

I'm currently "managing" a spotify family on this deal and I could easily just delete the other 5 people if I felt like it. There's always a level of trust in these things. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement