Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park wins. Car ban on Bachelors Walk reversed. Bikes on Benburb st too.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

Hey folks. Whats Option 7 then . Is there an official position on this from DCC anywhere in hyperlink form ?

Although I like the idea for the single cycle lane - before everyone gets started

- South quays cyclists aren't well catered for, in particular Victoria quay is quite exciting for cyclists. For those who are saying "use the cycle lane" - how do you get there ? What are the high-safety modes you can cross from the south to the north to access it . O'Donovan Rossa Bridge and Father Matthew Bridge, and James Joyce Bridge all involve very hairy lane changes for cyclists ( the OH in particular will not cycle because of the last bridge lane changes, its a high speed approach )

Routing public traffic up through the brunswick st/Nth King St is a red herring and is nearly a really demented approach . if you've seen a weekdays evening traffic there its terrible traffic at Blackhall Place/Nth King St , and usually massive conflicts with emerging Arbour Hill

I would say this was put up to be shot down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

trellheim wrote: »
    Hey folks. Whats Option 7 then . Is there an official position on this from DCC anywhere in hyperlink form ?

Although I like the idea for the single cycle lane - before everyone gets started

- South quays cyclists aren't well catered for, in particular Victoria quay is quite exciting for cyclists. For those who are saying "use the cycle lane" - how do you get there ? What are the high-safety modes you can cross from the south to the north to access it . O'Donovan Rossa Bridge and Father Matthew Bridge, and James Joyce Bridge all involve very hairy lane changes for cyclists ( the OH in particular will not cycle because of the last bridge lane changes, its a high speed approach )

Routing public traffic up through the brunswick st/Nth King St is a red herring and is nearly a really demented approach . if you've seen a weekdays evening traffic there its terrible traffic at Blackhall Place/Nth King St , and usually massive conflicts with emerging Arbour Hill

I would say this was put up to be shot down

It's a solution that keeps both public transport and cyclists on the Quays - a win for both.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/car-ban-on-parts-of-liffey-quays-mooted-in-cycle-path-plan-1.2816621

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Could the boardwalk not be extended on both sides of the liffey from butt bridge to James joyce and run up to the mouth of each bridge allowing the footpath and trees to be removed along the river side, leaving a good sized cycle Lane.

Most of them paths are dangerous for pedestrians as they currently are. There either to thin or have massive tree roots coming out. Removing parking and taxi ranks will also help traffic flows as well.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I've started a new thread including the official council report and map of Option 7 of the Liffey Cycle Route http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057656837#

I've also kicked off that thread by replying to some of the recent posts above and I'll lock this thread to avoid confusing with the opening post and title here referring to previous proposal.

Anybody can feel free to start a new thread on cars on Bachelors Walk straight away or when there's a development on that issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement