Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Logan **Spoilers from post 212**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

There's a fashion in film title for lots of captions, but the backlash against it "The Batman", "The Wolverine", "Logan", "John Carter", "John Wick", "Jack Reacher", "Victor Frankenstein", "Robin Hood", "Rocky Balboa", etc. are nearly as tiresome. Maybe there was a time that title would look like a statement of intent, but now I just picture some gob****e in a pitch meeting talking about going back to basics, finding out who the protagonist really is...

Okay, rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

They keep going on about the use of Old Man Logan, however that storyline is impossible without the hulk and hawkeye.

Remains to be seen what leaks out over this.. I am looking forward to it. I cant help it being a big comic book fan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

mikhail wrote: »
    Maybe there was a time that title would look like a statement of intent, but now I just picture some gob****e in a pitch meeting talking about going back to basics, finding out who the protagonist really is...

Particularly when it's the second time, in a row, doing so for the same character / series.

Always potential though with these films. Usually squandered, but always potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ay8jpwM_700b_v1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

please dont kill Wolverine:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thewrap.com/logan-wolverine-3-key-roles-revealed-exclusive/
    Richard E. Grant to play Dr. Zander Rice, Boyd Holbrook to play Donald Pierce and Sienna Novikov to play mutant Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

PTH2009 wrote: »
    you don't read the comics do you

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tigger wrote: »
    you don't read the comics do you

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's either that or try and recast. I think they need to step back from Wolverine for a bit now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It's either that or try and recast. I think they need to step back from Wolverine for a bit now.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If Fox are intending to keep the X-Men movies, just reboot the entire thing. The timeline and characters have become so screwed up by this point that all these soft reboots by changing timelines etc are making things far worse, not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Image:
    Stephen Merchant as Caliban, a mutant ally who's helping Logan take care of an elderly Professor X.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Image:
    Stephen Merchant as Caliban, a mutant ally who's helping Logan take care of an elderly Professor X.

Wow, weird all around. Does this mean
    Patrick Stewart [misleading spoiler length]
    will appear?

Wow, weird all around. Does this mean
    Patrick Stewart [misleading spoiler length]
    will appear?
    Yes, they released a picture of him a few weeks back
    http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/10/profxheader.jpg

Penn wrote: »
    Yes, they released a picture of him a few weeks back
    http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/10/profxheader.jpg

Wow, totally missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Spanish Trailer with juicy 18s scene at the end (1.26):

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭blue note

Does anyone else think Hugh jackman is a bit old at this stage to play him? Granted in the comics I believe he's supposed to be a bit dishevelled so in some ways he's more suitable now than ever, but I think he's a bit old to be playing the same wolverine that's he's always played.

It might work if he's playing a withered wolverine.

blue note wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Hugh jackman is a bit old at this stage to play him? Granted in the comics I believe he's supposed to be a bit dishevelled so in some ways he's more suitable now than ever, but I think he's a bit old to be playing the same wolverine that's he's always played.

Well, yeah, the whole point of this film is that he's now older and he's aging more. This film is set a number of years after the previous films.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wolverine looks like he's supposed to be pretty withered in this, Jackman looked more suited to the part in The Wolverine and Day of Future Past than he ever did imo. Not sure about that beard though.

Trailer looks good, you would be forgiven for not realising it's an x-men film at all.

• Advertisement

He is modeled off the "Old Man Logan" storyline.

667377-2871541966_d27626ffd2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks good, if a little downbeat; not sure how I feel about
    a destitute & ageing Professor X & what seems like his dying (putting 2 and 2 together based on what appears like Logan burying somebody)

The Fox X-Men universe's timeline is so broken I'm not even going to try and speculate how this will all fit into things. To the point where maybe the safest approach is to assume every X-Men film is set within its own universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wolverine looks like he's supposed to be pretty withered in this, Jackman looked more suited to the part in The Wolverine and Day of Future Past than he ever did imo. Not sure about that beard though.

Trailer looks good, you would be forgiven for not realising it's an x-men film at all.

I thought the same until his claws came out, was waiting for Jean Valjean (Les Misérables) to burst into song :p

Any chance of a Deadpool cameo

Love that version of Hurt by Johnny Cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

The size of that kids fingers on the poster. They wrap around Logans hand with room to spare.

Could be a mutant I suppose. Odd either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

He doesn't really look like Wolverine, he just looks like Hugh Jackman.

I'm intrigued though, but I'm not going to let myself get too excited but the X-Men movies are so hit and miss.

Rory28 wrote: »
    The size of that kids fingers on the poster. They wrap around Logans hand with room to spare.

Could be a mutant I suppose. Odd either way.
    Look up Laura Kinney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

almost like an art film TBH !

Will give it a shot, at the very least it looks TOTALLY different to whats come before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Tefral wrote: »
    Look up Laura Kinney

That fits.

This being Hugh Jackmans last wolverine film do you think we could get a more true to the comics wolverine next time?
    I want a 5foot 5inch wolverine. sick of him being a giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

So... what's that about all the mutants being gone? Can he no longer heal in this?

Trailer looked great anyway, a very different take on an X-Men movie and as said above, doesn't even look like an X-Men movie.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bacchus wrote: »
    So... what's that about all the mutants being gone? Can he no longer heal in this?

The scars he's covered in had me wondering the same.

Advertisement