Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logan **Spoilers from post 212**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wolverine gets two endings in DOFP, one where he meets Xavier in the school, and one which results in him being locked into the Weapon X program in Apocalypse. So would this be the point we're officially done with the original trilogy (as a timeline) and we're left with two alternate timelines - Apocalypse and this (some time after where the original trilogy MIGHT have been). If so, it's not THAT much of a mess. There's still a couple of gaps - did "Logan" still go through Weapon X as per X-2s backstory? What happens to Wolverine after breaking out of the plant in Apocalypse...

It's a shambles, especially considering that Styker was supposedly Mystique at the end of DofP. I cant remember how he escaped the weapon X programme and list his memory in the original timeline but sufficed to say that Origins is completely undone.

I just like to view FC, DOFP and Apocalypse as a separate franchise and ignore that it's the same cast. It's the only way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It's a shambles, especially considering that Styker was supposedly Mystique at the end of DofP. I cant remember how he escaped the weapon X programme and list his memory in the original timeline but sufficed to say that Origins is completely undone.

This is the main problem actually. It makes no sense given where Mystique's story goes in Apocalypse, which is why I thought it might be a split. Also makes no sense to show that AFTER showing Logan meeting Jean, Scott & Xavier in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Actually yes, that ending of DOFP with Mystique posing as Stryker made no sense. Maybe they had an idea of what to do with that at the time but it went nowhere and just made things more complication. Would have been better to just have Stryker himself recover Wolverine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That timeline issue really bugged me during Apocalypse. It’s not as if the gap between the movies was that great (about 2 years) and given the post credit scene they definitely had a good idea the direction they were going.

There were other issues with the new trilogy timelines, Moira being another one. Fox have been a complete disaster with building a universe and managed to even mess up their second attempt at it without even having the complexity of multiple movie characters and TV shows to deal with like in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

Trailer looks amazing as someone above said they should just not release anything else now.

on a side note Logan looks like Joel from the last of us and the dynamic looks similar re the girl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That timeline issue really bugged me during Apocalypse. It’s not as if the gap between the movies was that great (about 2 years) and given the post credit scene they definitely had a good idea the direction they were going.

There were other issues with the new trilogy timelines, Moira being another one. Fox have been a complete disaster with building a universe and managed to even mess up their second attempt at it without even having the complexity of multiple movie characters and TV shows to deal with like in the MCU.

The in-continuity gap between DoFP and Apocalypse was a decade. Which is even stupider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Foxtrol wrote:

DofP was set in 1973 and Apocalypse was set in the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

FunLover18 wrote: »
    DofP was set in 1973 and Apocalypse was set in the 80s.

I meant the production of the two movies, DOFP was released in May 2014 and Apocalypse released May 2016. If there was a longer gap between the two movies you could understand the direction of their plans changing so much but they must, or at least should, have had a good idea where the Apocalypse narrative was going by the time they finished editing DOFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This is a fan edit recut of the first LOGAN trailer using footage from all of the previous films in the X-Men franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Into the sunset.

15697309_1291350260926943_5926703726675299397_n.jpg?oh=e614bf51d1d3ccb35899c4ce1509a3c5&oe=591FEC16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

This film looks so depressing...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Into the sunset.

15697309_1291350260926943_5926703726675299397_n.jpg?oh=e614bf51d1d3ccb35899c4ce1509a3c5&oe=591FEC16

Seems to be walking away from it unless he's moonwalking

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Well the sun setting on Jackman playing Logan the imagery is the end of the road for Jackman and Logan.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Moonwalking Wolverine. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well the sun setting on Jackman playing Logan the imagery is the end of the road for Jackman and Logan.

Ah yeah, I know that. I was just being sap contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Proceed at your own risk although there is almost 0% chance you'll get to the film without hearing this but

Ryan Reyonlds has shot something for Logan as Deadpool. Its unclear if its just an after credits scene or what but still :eek:

http://www.thewrap.com/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-logan/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just when you thought the XMen continuity couldn't get any more entangled ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Proceed at your own risk although there is almost 0% chance you'll get to the film without hearing this but

Ryan Reyonlds has shot something for Logan as Deadpool. Its unclear if its just an after credits scene or what but still :eek:

http://www.thewrap.com/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-logan/

James Mangold, Logan director. Reynolds has also denied it.

mangold-720x327.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ah sorry. I seen it in a few different news sources and it didn't even click that it would be bull.

So I guess now the spoiler above has been spoiled by a denial spoiler that wasn't spoilered so everyone now knows what was in the spoiler.

• Advertisement

Ah sorry. I seen it in a few different news sources and it didn't even click that it would be bull.

In fairness, once the wrap put it up, it was everywhere. Journalism is dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So I guess now the spoiler above has been spoiled by a denial spoiler that wasn't spoilered so everyone now knows what was in the spoiler.

Spoiler loses a lot of it's status as a 'spoiler' when it's not true ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A new trailer has popped up: nothing overly spoiler-ridden, but a more descriptive one than the 'Hurt' version:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pixelburp wrote: »
    A new trailer has popped up: nothing overly spoiler-ridden, but a more descriptive one than the 'Hurt' version:

Thanks for that.

I think this is the movie I am looking forward to most this year . . I absolutely Love Jackman's Wolverine and hope he gets the sendoff he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

More scenes. More violence...

The international trailer..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Goose bumps watching that second trailer. Wonder who the black guy is that's sat around the table with them.

Withnail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I better start stocking up on the Kleenex.This could(Will) be a tear jerker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This looks excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

"She's eleven and I'm ****ing Ninety"

So weird hearing Patrick Stewart swear.

Advertisement