Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good dentists in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 I Like Sheep

Looking for a good Dentist in Swords. PM please.

We have had a few good ones but ended up having a seizure due to a painkiller lack of sleep nearly ten years back and really miss the old school dentists.

Hard to find one you are comfortable with and know the costs up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Has anyone a recommendation for a good dentist in the dublin city area?

Medical card accepted a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I hadn't been to the dentist in a couple of years and was petrified about going back. I'd been in pain and after a bit of searching I found a dentist in D7 - I gave them a call and was seen for an examination an hour later.

We had a chat first - i told him I hadn't been to the dentist in a couple of years and he was reassuring about this and not to worry etc. He talked me through each part of the examination and treatment he was doing and said if I was in any discomfort to raise my hand and he'd stop. I had a deep filling that was causing the pain and he gave me an extra shot of anesthetic. I've been back since for other non-urgent fillings and they've been a totally fine with no pain or discomfort at all.

I can't recommend enough - if anyone wants the name PM me. I am not affiliated in any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hi Folks,

I need a decent bit of work done as i have been avoiding the issue for a while now and had some fairly serious health issues about 10 yrs ago which would have caused some degradation.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for a Dentist somewhere in South Dublin on/near the Dart line that would have some experience with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Hi,
    I have alredy put and implant and ceramic crown.
    Only the crown costed me 1400 euro (ceramic crown).

Now unfortunately I need to do other two implants and crowns.
    One implant had been placed already and I was waiting to save up some money for the rest of the work.

I have seen many different prices, lot cheaper than 1400 for the only crown.
    I am really concerned in getting a decent work, as I already had bad experiences.
    Is there anything you could suggest for the crowns only (I am ok to get the implant with my oral surgeon.. even if expensive) ?
    thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

Anyone recommend a good dentist/technician in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adorable

Hi everyone.

A few months ago I noticed my bottom two wisdom teeth peeping through my gums. I thought nothing of it as it wasn't painful but now I'm feeling discomfort in the back of the left side of my mouth which I can only assume is because of my partially erupted wisdom tooth. It feels like I'm constantly biting the back of my inner cheek and my jaw feels slightly "bruised" when touched.

I'm not in severe pain but I would really like to get it removed ASAP before I develop an infection or anything like that.

Can I go to a dentist to get it removed or do I have to go to an oral surgeon? Either way if anyone can PM me good dentists in Dublin who can extract my wisdom tooth that would be great, thank you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Adorable wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

A few months ago I noticed my bottom two wisdom teeth peeping through my gums. I thought nothing of it as it wasn't painful but now I'm feeling discomfort in the back of the left side of my mouth which I can only assume is because of my partially erupted wisdom tooth. It feels like I'm constantly biting the back of my inner cheek and my jaw feels slightly "bruised" when touched.

I'm not in severe pain but I would really like to get it removed ASAP before I develop an infection or anything like that.

Can I go to a dentist to get it removed or do I have to go to an oral surgeon? Either way if anyone can PM me good dentists in Dublin who can extract my wisdom tooth that would be great, thank you!

You can go to either. but tbh i would prefer to go to someone who is doing this work regularly.

Can PM you a recommendation if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adorable

You can go to either. but tbh i would prefer to go to someone who is doing this work regularly.

Can PM you a recommendation if you want

Yes please! I wanted to go to an oral surgeon but after reading a few posts on here it seems like you need a referral and the whole process takes months so now I'm not sure I can wait that long but all recommendations are most definitely welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BigDickLanger

Could anyone recommend a dentist around north Dublin? (Clontarf, Killester, Raheny, Drumcondra).

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

Came on with a tooth ache yesterday/last night that will probably need a dentists attention. Have never been to one in Ireland before. Can anyone recommend a dentist in South Dublin (Clonskeagh, Dundrum, UCD area or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Habitual

Hey guys, located in the Cabinteely area. I travel with work very frequently and have developed a huge abscess over night. I have not kept a regular dental regime in the last 15 years. I need to have a lot of work done on my teeth including extractions, quite a few. Will also be looking to get implants done. Looking for an experienced, emphatic dentist in the general area I am living in that has reasonably flexible hours. I need to see a dentist this morning to sort out the abscess as in severe pain but then preferably I would like to stay with this dentist for the future work needed. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Can anyone recommend a dentist who is good with gag-reflex patients?

I am not dentist-phobic, but I do gag a lot when being treated. One dentist has pretty much given up on me!

Dublin South city preferred. PM me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭SM35

Can anyone recommend a dentist who is good with gag-reflex patients?

I am not dentist-phobic, but I do gag a lot when being treated. One dentist has pretty much given up on me!

Dublin South city preferred. PM me if you wish.

Relative Analgesia also known as nitrous oxide sedation or "happy gas" is great for people who gag.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Hi, could someone recommend me a dentist in the D1/2/8 area by PM?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Hi all, looking for a recommendation for dentist in the glasnevin, drumcondra area if possible. I need to get a scale and polish and most likely a filling. I have been quoted 130 for a filling already by one place. Looking for a reasonable and reputable place. Will consider options further afield also!

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Can anyone recommend an experienced dentist around the Dundrum/Clonskagh/Sandyford area?

I've tried <snip> but didn't like it as it felt too impersonal and was like a conveyor belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Drumcondra or city centre please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Can someone recommend a dentist in west Dublin for someone with an extreme dental phobia? Thanks.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Can anyone recommend a dentist in south Dublin area for nervous patient here. Neglected teeth for long time and need lot of work done so hoping to get friendly relaxed dentist who won't charge me a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dentist recommendation sought for North Dublin City or City Centre. Please PM if you can help. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 emilrasyad

Please PM me a good and recommended dentist preferably around D7 or D15.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Hi Folks,

Looking for a recommendation for a Dentist in D1 (IFSC, Abbey Street areas)

Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dulachodladh

Hope someone can help and recommend a dentist who's got a good rapport with their patients in South Dublin or south of the city?

I've had previous bad experiences and I've put off going for years I don't want to continue to procrastinate, I need a lot of work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Number_05

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Dublin 1 or IFsc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Hi all,
    I need a wisdom tooth extracted. Can anyone recommend me a good dentist in the south Dublin (sandyford/Dundrum/cabinteely) areas? I have a medical card so preferably on the medical card but I just want the best as I'm highly nervous patient

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Would like recommendations around dublin city centre, d7 or around kilmainham/inchicore thanks.

Smiles dental are discounted with my health insurance, any thoughts on them too?

In general how does one even pick a "good" dentist apart from recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GameOfMahomes

What constitutes a dental emergency? How soon can a dentist see to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jellybean73

dom17 wrote: »
    Went to ***mode edit no names*** this morning , dentist told me i need to see an endodontic to redo a root canal, which due to the state of the tooth will probably require a crown, anyone know of a reasonably priced one in dunlaoghaire area ?. The other option is to extract, its a molar and on the side that i chew mostly on. About €1500 as opposed to €150

Might seek a second opinion

Did you get the extraction by the way? In the same boat myself now. Which is molar - extraction or root canal and crown. The tooth is in a bad way, so I’m thinking of just extracting. What did you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dmanzabyte

Hi
    Anyone reccomend gentle dental in newry, or any other place in ireland for crowns?

Thanks

Advertisement