Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good dentists in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

julia3 wrote: »
    Hi it's my first time to use boards.ie. I'm not sure how this works but was wondering if anyone could recommend a dentist in clonskeagh?

Cheers!

p.s. preferably with a ct scanner

Are you in need of some fillings/brain surgery??

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

If anyone feels like it, I am looking for a cheap dentist for a clean in the Portobello, Rathmines, Ranelagh reigon, but don't mind going further. I used to get a reduced rate with my medical card in my old dentist in Galway, does anyone in dublin do this? PM if you can. Many Thanks

Edit: By reduced rate I don't mean using a medical card in a private clinic, just a dentist who had accepted them and now might offers a reduced rate since the cutbacks to their patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

I had dinner in an Indian restuarant tonight. The waiter told me a cleaning costs only 10 euro in Bangladesh. So he gets it done there when home on holiday. I think Ryanair flies to Afghanistan and then you get a bus for the last little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

If anyone feels like it, I am looking for a cheap dentist for a clean in the Portobello, Rathmines, Ranelagh reigon, but don't mind going further. I used to get a reduced rate with my medical card in my old dentist in Galway, does anyone in dublin do this? PM if you can. Many Thanks

Edit: By reduced rate I don't mean using a medical card in a private clinic, just a dentist who had accepted them and now might offers a reduced rate since the cutbacks to their patients.

Jack, just phone around and ask a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

Jack, just phone around and ask a few places.

I have tried a good few but no luck so far. I posted here on the off chance someone might know of someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Smiley Lassie!

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering can someone recommend a good dentist in Dublin city centre, need to have a check up and see hygenist. Looking for someone who is patient, very good and not too expensive if at all possible.

Thanks a mill,
    Smiley Lassie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hi looking for good dentist in santry, glasnevin area

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hurlo83

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good dentist in the above areas or city centre.
    Fair prices too, pm me.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭another world

Hi

I'm looking for a dentist that is open after work during the week (5.30pm onwards). South Dublin area.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Looking for a good dentist in Dublin, preferably City Centre or surrounding areas. Please PM with recommendations... Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

Can anyone recommend a paediatric orthodontist in City Centre/North Dublin please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 justinbogan

Hi,

Just wondering could anyone recommend a good dentist in Dublin? I was jumped last week in the city centre, got punched in the nose and now my teeth are sore. PM me please...

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 26,176 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Could anyone PM me a good dentist in Raheny area?

I am actually dreading this visit, all sorts of acid erosion going on and been putting it off for yonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Hi,

I had front tooth capped about 4 years ago and im just after breaking the cap while eating.

Could some recommend me a good dentist asap? Need to get this fixed today if possible! Please send me a PM

Thanks

Hi

Could some recommend me a good dentist in D 15/North city centre/citycentre. Need to refill a tooth. Please send me a PM

<no names>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Looking for a dentist in D15.
    Just moved recently.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NiaDublin

Hello all,
    can someone recommend a good dentist either in Dublin city centre or even better around Inchicore/Kilmainham?
    Please pm me.

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

NiaDublin wrote: »
    Hello all,
    can someone recommend a good dentist either in Dublin city centre or even better around Inchicore/Kilmainham?
    Please pm me.

Thanks

Same for me thanks, or one in D7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Terrib1e.one

Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation for a good (and reasonably priced, if that's possible) dentist in the Dublin area. My girlfriend needs a composite filling. We live in Dublin 9 and work in city centre but we'd be willing to travel a little to get a good dentist. PM me if you can help. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 billythew

Hello I am looking to possibly see a female dentist in central or south Dublin. Have not been in some years and have two problems in that 1) am very anxious about the whole process naturally and 2) have not been in so long that any dentist I visit will be thinking 'The state of your teeth is your own fault. Now I have to deal with your **** while silently resenting you for the duration of your undesirable repeat visits'. So I am inclined to keep running from the problem as a result.

I understand that it is hard for dentists who have to deal with complex problems and have an ethical obligation to advise patients on where they are going wrong, and that they have feelings too and don't deserve to be cast as ogres, and that their job is not an easy one...but I would just like to start making improvements with someone who can handle an already anxious person who quite clearly has not taken the best care of their teeth and needs a fair bit of work done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hi.

I visited a dentist in Canada in December and was told I need a root canal. Finally have the money for the procedure, will get the crown a couple of months down the line.

So looking for a reasonably priced but good dentist for a root canal in the Dublin area. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Hi all

Looking for a dentist as I need an implant and crown.looking for someone in Dublin,prefer Northside but would travel and prob to meath.If they open Saturdays even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Menerves

Hi guys,

Looking for a recommendation for a sympathetic dentist in D1/2.

I have a real phobia about going and haven't been in over 20 years! I know I have a lot of work to get done, but the immediate priority is to "cure" an abcess.

Would really appreciate any recommendations, particularly reasonably priced ones.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Folks,

Looking for a dentist for me and my family including young pre school kids and would like a dentist that isn't about to retire. No offence intended!

South Dublin D16/D14 or near.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NumptyB

I started seeing a dentist in Dublin, upon recommendation from a trusted website with reviews, and I went to him, got a treatment plan and immediately I got the most expensive item done (a crown €€€) - I am aware that I still need further treatment, however, having just spent the amount of money that I have on a crown I do have to wait a month or 2 to build the disposable income back up for further visits.
    So far i'm happy with the crown and the treatment plan is as expected. One thing that's bothering me is that the dentist texted me to remind me that I need further work done - I *am* aware of this and I *have* pointed out to him that I can't afford it right now and as it's not necessarily urgent (although the sooner done, the better with any work, i know, i know) I am going to have to wait a few more weeks.
    I dunno...is this unprofessional or just a little bit contrary?
    I'm not feeling too excited about it.
    Any recommendations for nice, gentle dentists in Dublin City Centre appreciated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

NumptyB wrote: »
    I started seeing a dentist in Dublin, upon recommendation from a trusted website with reviews, and I went to him, got a treatment plan and immediately I got the most expensive item done (a crown €€€) - I am aware that I still need further treatment, however, having just spent the amount of money that I have on a crown I do have to wait a month or 2 to build the disposable income back up for further visits.
    So far i'm happy with the crown and the treatment plan is as expected. One thing that's bothering me is that the dentist texted me to remind me that I need further work done - I *am* aware of this and I *have* pointed out to him that I can't afford it right now and as it's not necessarily urgent (although the sooner done, the better with any work, i know, i know) I am going to have to wait a few more weeks.
    I dunno...is this unprofessional or just a little bit contrary?
    I'm not feeling too excited about it.
    Any recommendations for nice, gentle dentists in Dublin City Centre appreciated.

Could it have been an automated text?
    I get a few of these from different dentists and its all down to reminders in a calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Dentist Recommendation Dublin

Hi All

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good dentist that has appointments after 6pm. I work in D1 and live in D17...so anywhere in D1 out to D17 (Malahide Road route).
    PM me....thanks
    Phil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

hi looking for recomendation in city center , i have inflamed gums and not much money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭RingTheAlarm!

Hi could I get the number of a cheap dentist close to Dublin City Centre please? I have a hole in my tooth and would like to get it fixed ASAP! PM please :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hi could someone recommend a good dentist in or around the city centre - need to get a filling and possibly get a crown on a tooth that the side has chipped off. Cheap is good but would rather cheap and a decent job as im not a massive fan of the dentists at the best of times.

Thanks

Advertisement