Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid subscription - not a subscriber

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I PM'd Gordon but no response. It's kind of amazing that no one is covering this while she is out.

Thanks for your help!

Gordon wouldn't be able to either, the admins don't touch the financial stuff. One of the office tech staff appears to be lined up to handle this, we're just awaiting his confirmation of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Spear wrote: »
    Gordon wouldn't be able to either, the admins don't touch the financial stuff. One of the office tech staff appears to be lined up to handle this, we're just awaiting his confirmation of this.

Thanks for you help!

Lads, I subscribed last weekend and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry about this. I was of the understanding that there was someone looking after this in Niamh's absence, but I not received any response from him about the Subs issues.

Will chase this up again on Monday when the office reopens.

tHB

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Has there been any response from the office about this yet tHB?

• Advertisement

I'm afraid not. Will chase again.

I've given them another hard poke.
    Apologies for the delay/lack of response. :(

If you do get a response there's another user who posted in Helpdesk a few days ago having similar problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Rick_

Yes, myself and other users "JoeyD" and "The Honey Monster" have paid for subscriptions but they have not been added to our accounts yet. :)

Hi All:

Apologies again for the delay in getting back to you.
    I've been told now that this is being worked on & I hope to have an update tomorrow evening.

tHB

• Advertisement

If I feel bad for anyone (other than myself) it's Niamh.

She's going to have a sh1t ton of stuff to get through when she's back from holiday if this is any indication...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

If I feel bad for anyone (other than myself) it's Niamh.

She's going to have a sh1t ton of stuff to get through when she's back from holiday if this is any indication...

While I don't envy Niamh the workload awaiting her on her return, I'm not sure I feel sorry for anyone in Boards about this, they've known for a long time now that they have to manually update the subscribers list and considering it's a valuable source of revenue for the site, I'd have thought that they'd have made sure it was going to be covered as a matter of priority while Niamh was off.

Indeed.

I've already paid too. Last weekend.

You never know - maybe resources needed to be diverted to something else (such as the CloudFlare issues) last week. Who knows?

I'm sure that something will be done to ensure that you get the full term of the sub that you paid for.

In all honesty it doesn't matter what other problems are going on. Niamh it seems was responsible for manually processing subscriptions & pain-in-the-ass though it may be, she was doing it. When she went on holidays either the responsibility was passed to someone or it wasn't.
    Someone isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing. This is not acceptable.

Don't shoot the messenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I'm looking into this right now, could someone please post a screenshot of your payments page.

What I'm interested to see is if you have any record in the `Active Subscriptions` section.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Don't shoot the messenger.

This is the feedback forum, people are rightly giving feedback on the bad service they're getting. If I went on annual leave and something that a client was paying for wasn't being done just because I was away and none of my colleagues were looking after it in my absence, would they not have a right to complain?

I commend you for being the "messenger" but if some of the actual people who were responsible for the running of the site would stop ignoring the issue, then you wouldn't be the one being "shot".

Wasn't having a go at you tHB, you're doing well!

Andres, if you are responsible for this while Niamh is away you need to be contacting these users personally, starting with those 4 already mentioned in this thread.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I'm looking into this right now, could someone please post a screenshot of your payments page.

What I'm interested to see is if you have any record in the `Active Subscriptions` section.

Thanks

Doesn't seem to be anything there...

• Advertisement

Thanks S.Dublin 6aside, I'll keep you updated about the progress of this here.

Hi there, just to let you know that we've tracked down this to an error using PayPal's API for processing recurrent subscription payments. It seems that even though the payment is done we are getting a 'Subscription Failed' error message, hence no update in your account occurs. Unfortunately the progress is not as quick I we'd like as we are digging into vBulletin's internals. I'll keep you updated.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Hi there, just to let you know that we've tracked down this to an error using PayPal's API for processing recurrent subscription payments. It seems that even though the payment is done we are getting a 'Subscription Failed' error message, hence no update in your account occurs. Unfortunately the progress is not as quick I we'd like as we are digging into vBulletin's internals. I'll keep you updated.

Im pretty sure we've known that this was the problem for months now, this isn't news.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have all the people who have paid their subscription now been added to the subscribers group?

Hi hullaballoo, not yet as I don't have access to our PayPal account to confirm the payments. I'll let you all know when this is done.

Will you have access before Niamh returns from her holiday?

@TherapyBoy: don't know tbh, still waiting.

I'm aware that you guys have been waiting long enough so in the meantime I decided to follow @hullaballoo's suggestion and manually added S.Dublin 6aside, pad e and The Honey Monster to the Subscribers group, JoeyD was already a member. Tbh I didn't know that was the quick fix for this (plus the paypay confirmation).
    Let me know if it works.

Sorry if this took this long, I was following a developer approach and digging into the code for an actual fix. For the moment can't do anything but wait till I can get access to our PayPal account to check what's going on.

I'll keep you updated.

On a lighter note, anyone who's subscribing make sure you check out the First Class Lounge, a lovely private forum filled with awesome people to which you now have access! It's a little bit quieter than normal these days but we're always welcoming to new victi..er sorry, members :pac:

Mmmm..fresh blood =9

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Hey how do I get access to the subscribers forum, I just made a payment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Hi All, any idea how I get added to the subscribers forum, I've subscribed for a month to see if its worth it?

Advertisement