Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

Hello,

yeah the shower heads are not great they are ok but could be improved, water pressure is low and it's a pain to clean the showers. place is wired really really well, i think there is a network hub in utility room..i'll check it tomorrow, we didnt change the island, we were happy with it, we are just using ikea chairs with them and we are happy out, our neighbors shortened the legs in the bars stool, other neighbors moved the island in order to have more room for the kitchen table, they also raised the part that's lowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JIMjim87

maciektok wrote: »
    Hello,

yeah the shower heads are not great they are ok but could be improved, water pressure is low and it's a pain to clean the showers. place is wired really really well, i think there is a network hub in utility room..i'll check it tomorrow, we didnt change the island, we were happy with it, we are just using ikea chairs with them and we are happy out, our neighbors shortened the legs in the bars stool, other neighbors moved the island in order to have more room for the kitchen table, they also raised the part that's lowed.

Cheers, any ideas what's the reasons for the low pressure? The building works effecting it perhaps?
    Is the hot press pump very noisy? Our current place rattles like mad when the shower is on.

How you finding the place for sockets? I did a detailed review of the show and was very impressed but I was thinking of adding extra.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

JIMjim87 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I picked up a Herron in the last phase.

I was just wondering how people have found the houses, and I 've a few questions:

Is there a network hub in the utility room? How is the place wired for multimedia devices/TV.

The kitchen island in the show-house has a low bench/breakfast-bar, anyone have this raised or if not how are you finding the level it is at? I assume you can only use low stools with it.

Also I was considering making changes to the fittings in the bathrooms, to have a hose aswell as the rainfall head in the showers. Anyone do something similar?

Cheers.

Hi, as far as networking goes, there's a single Ethernet cable going to each living area and bedroom from the utility room. It's cat 5e in our place. Would have been nice to have cat 6 for future proofing. And maybe 2 cables to each room. Anyway you can have your router in the utility room, there's an Ethernet cable running from a box outside the front door into the utility room.

Same set up with the satellite cables except there's 2 of each, running to each room and from outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

ongarboy wrote: »

I'll go mental if they don't get cracking on that Pelletstown train station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

cronos wrote:
    I'll go mental if they don't get cracking on that Pelletstown train station.

It won't be there in five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

markpb wrote: »
    It won't be there in five years.

I'd give it higher odds then normal. It received planning permission in October 2014 (application 2109/13). Assuming that's valid for 5 years, there's a better chance of it being built pre-2019 then it's had of being built in the previous ten years.

From an RCP point of view I can't say I'm that worried about the train station itself. I think once the Luas at Broombridge opens that'll be the preferable option for most (i.e. commuter) journeys by either Luas or train. The commuter trains are crowded at Ashtown but even a handful of people dis-embarking at Broombridge will make trains easier to board there.

School building, bus service improvements (say a bus to Ballycoolin) and upgrades to River Road would worry me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Looking to get wooden floors laid & fitters say the doors are all too low and need to be shaved at the bottom. Anyone else have that problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi,
    Unfortunately they are right. Almost all the doors have to be trimmed as the gap between the doors and floor is approximately 1 cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Hi All,

Would anyone have contact details for someone from fitzgerald kitchens?

We have their main number but it just rings out and no reply to e-mail.

Thanks

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

tonto2010 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Would anyone have contact details for someone from fitzgerald kitchens?

We have their main number but it just rings out and no reply to e-mail.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately I don't. Could you put up the email you have? Do you have the email for Donna in Ballymore? I'm looking for that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

ongarboy wrote: »

There seems to be a bit of movement in that site at the moment. Can't decide whether it's just a storage area for the current building work up t'other end.

got internet with EIR, has anyone figured out how to get it hooked up to all the LAN ports that are almost in every room??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Yeah I figured it out, and I'm no expert by any means. The good news is that the ethernet wires are in the walls, and they lead from most rooms back to the utility room. The bad news is that if it's like our place then it's probably wired incorrectly at the sockets for ethernet, and the sockets themselves are not what you require. If you screw off one of the sockets and there's only 2 wires attached and the other 6 wires are unused then I think that wiring is actually for a phone line. And the sockets they installed are rj11 sockets which aren't meant for modern ethernet. You can replace these rj11 sockets with rj45 ones. I went to a shop in Finglas called CEF because they carry the same supplier as the builder has used for the sockets, I think it's called "Click UK" or something like that. I just checked online and I'm not sure if they carry the stuff any more so here are some links you can use to order online elsewhere:

I bought these for each room I needed to wire

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php?xProd=391245370

And for the utility room I bought one of these

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php/389087498/click-cma312-mode-white-moulded-2-gang-4-module-new-media-unfurnished-front-plate

And then I bought these rj45 modules to slot into the above faceplates

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php?xProd=389104452

The faceplate for the utility room will hold 4 rj45 modules, which will allow you to send ethernet to 4 rooms. Then you'll need 4 of the single faceplates above, and 4 more rj45 modules, so 8 total. You might only be wiring 2 or 3 rooms so obviously adjust as needed.

The only other thing you might need is a punch down tool to connect the wires to the socket, one of these

http://cefltd.ie/catalogue/products/905624-punch-down-tool.

You can probably do it without this, but I think it would be very fiddly, even with the punch down tool it's a bit of a pain.

Now it's just a matter of installing the wires correctly, the colour code on the rj45 module will show you how, and slotting everything in. It was my first time doing anything like this and much to my relief it all worked out fine.

Actually one more issue is that you can't tell which cable in your utility room is connected to which room, unless you have some kind of voltmeter that an electrician would use. I just did it by trial and error...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cwdix

Nordstrom, great comprehensive post. You can use a lan tester to identify (and test) where each cable connect. These are cheap... search on amazon for lan tester... (still can't post URLs). I find it a bit nonsense all cables being cat 5e (could be cat 6 though) connected to "phone" sockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Hey folks, we just finished our snagging for one of the new Ashes. We were very pleased by the snagger and his list, but also happy at the house quality (only minor issues detected). I would appreciate some advice from people who got their house in earlier phases, if you don't mind:

Painting: New houses are all painted in light yellow in the inside, without the owners getting a choice. We really liked the gray in the show house, though (originally were told by SherryFitz that we'd be approached to make a choice). Does anyone have experience with repainting the house, and how much we should expect to pay for the Ash?

Outside water tap: Before we get the floor in the kitchen, we were also considering pulling a pipe from the kitchen to the outside and having a water tap installed. Again, some thing: anyone has any experience/cost guidance regarding that?

I'd greatly appreciate any insights on those two issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ek

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else on Phelan Park has been told that there will be a delay on closing due to Dublin City Council issuing a map?

Re-repainting. Email Donna and ask for Christians number. Or if you want I'll pm you his mobile. He did couple of painting jobs for us and the guy is pure quality. Reasonably priced too. Re-water tap, I spoke to Dave their plumber about it. it's not an expensive job but not possible in every house. Well it was too late for us. We're on Phelan Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

There seems to be a bit of movement in that site at the moment. Can't decide whether it's just a storage area for the current building work up t'other end.

Any idea what the movement is? Wondering when the building will start up at the Rathborne end. Any one any ideas? The house plans look really similar to RCP.
    We went to look at the show houses again today and are trying to get our ducks in a row to purchase a heron. Did anyone get a door/ sliding doors between the living room & kitchen?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ek wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else on Phelan Park has been told that there will be a delay on closing due to Dublin City Council issuing a map?

The city council don't issue maps?

• Advertisement

Snagged the house last week, only few touches of paint required so quiet happy with it. There is a slight delay with a certificate of completion issued by the council but they are allowing for the tilers, floor guys etc to come in and measure the place. Has any thought about sanding and varnishing the wooden floor in the bedrooms??

What kind of a floor is in the house? Have you seen the floor boards? We're. Ypu able to sand and varnishing them?
    Thanks

Nhol78 wrote: »
    What kind of a floor is in the house? Have you seen the floor boards? We're. Ypu able to sand and varnishing them?
    Thanks

Hello,

Yeah we sanded the floor in the bedrooms and stairs and then Varnished it. It was hard work but happy with a result. It cost us 70 quid to rent a sander and then we spent about 150 quid on the varnish.we bought one that was stained white. Took us couple of days to do it

Hello,

Yeah we sanded the floor in the bedrooms and stairs and then Varnished it. It was hard work but happy with a result. It cost us 70 quid to rent a sander and then we spent about 150 quid on the varnish.we bought one that was stained white. Took us couple of days to do it

Wow! Fair play :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Hi everyone,
    Many thanks for posting in this forum, all information is very helpful.

We just put the deposit on 3-bed Ash planned to built in Mar-May 2017...

I can see that number of people mention changes to the bar in the kitchen. We would love to change the layout to get more kitchen working space and space for dining table... possibly moving the bar to the end. Also make the change in the shower, so that we have a hose as well as the the rainfall shower head.
    Did anyone succeed with making these changes? What change did you make, how did you arrange with SherryFitz, was it costy and how it worked out at the end?

Also, I'm checking the area for antisocial behaviours... I have mostly positive feedback so far and people buying houses I met are very nice. However the houses in our phase are next door to the existing apartments in Meridian court (apartments in C-shaped area) - can anyone tell anything about these apartments? Is this a quiet street, any antisocial behaviour? Also, not that I mind social housing in general, but would like to know if there is a number of social apartments in Meridian court?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IAmTheWasp

Hi everyone,
    Many thanks for posting in this forum, all information is very helpful.

We just put the deposit on 3-bed Ash planned to built in Mar-May 2017...

I can see that number of people mention changes to the bar in the kitchen. We would love to change the layout to get more kitchen working space and space for dining table... possibly moving the bar to the end. Also make the change in the shower, so that we have a hose as well as the the rainfall shower head.
    Did anyone succeed with making these changes? What change did you make, how did you arrange with SherryFitz, was it costy and how it worked out at the end?

Also, I'm checking the area for antisocial behaviours... I have mostly positive feedback so far and people buying houses I met are very nice. However the houses in our phase are next door to the existing apartments in Meridian court (apartments in C-shaped area) - can anyone tell anything about these apartments? Is this a quiet street, any antisocial behaviour? Also, not that I mind social housing in general, but would like to know if there is a number of social apartments in Meridian court?

Many thanks

Hello sunshine,

Whoa that's a lot of questions :)

1) Donna Somers is your best point-of-contact at Ballymore, she is on site every day. If you have any queries RE changes to plans etc.. she'll help. We made some minor changes to the kitchen and in other parts of the house. Potter Cowan originally did the kitchen but Ballymore gave them the bullet, not sure who's looking after it now.

Donna will liaise with the kitchen fitters to quote you a price for any changes.
    (01) 899 6014
    DSomers @ ballymoregroup. com

2) Anti-social Behaviour: I've been living in Royal Canal Park for 6 months and I haven't had any issues. There is security on site 24 hours a day, there is CCTV on most of the 'streets' (i spoke to the guys in the security office recently and they will be adding additional cameras when all of the houses are built).

Get an alarm, I got it fitted for €700 and most of my neighbours have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭EmmaMurray2016

I think my post is probably a bit late as you have all nearly bought a new build at this stage. :) but I'll give you my view on the area.

I live in Ashtown since 2009. The first apartment was in Watermint (across from Centra) nice apartment, couldn't hear my neighbours. I was a member of the Royal Canal Park Gym, it's basic and it was free (20 euro once off induction fee) but at the time it was grand, it did the job. Not sure how packed it is now but there's a new gym opening up over in Meridian, (over at the new builds)so that will even out the crowds.

Then I moved into Meridian (across from the new builds now). Loved that apartment, spacious and fairly solid, built by Ballymore. But the parking was an absolute nightmare. It's worse now as we use to be able to park along the side fence on the road but you can't now. We moved over this as it was a big problem for us with two cars.

We moved over to the Rathborne side. Mixed feelings about this side. The apartments themselves, you can hear everything. I can hear my neighbour snore sometimes. People come in late, which they are obviously entitled too but when someone closes a door, it will wake you and if someone slams a door, the place feels like it's shaking. I can hear my neighbours talking. Some people might not mind this but I would if I was getting a mortgage for huge money. I don't know who built Rathborne apartments ?! I'd be worried if the new phase would be like this. I hope not for the prices. Parking is never a problem over here but I'm down beside Spar. Up at the station area, again it's a problem.

But apart from that, I love Ashtown. It's 15/20 min drive into the city, buses are every 10/20 mins depending on the time you travel, trains are very regular, great service from both. I've never witnessed anti-social behaviour, only on the train once when a woman's phone was grabbed off her in Ashtown train station. But *touch-wood* that's all I've seen in 8 years.

You are beside the m50, Phoenix Park, beside Blanch Shopping centre and near Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. Location is fantastic. Charlestown Shopping centre is also behind us and handy to go to Dunnes. I just love the location.

The management on both sides are very good. That's one thing for sure, they have always kept the place looking great. Wysse over this side don't let much happen, any problems are dealt with fairly prompt. Over at the new builds the management company were brill also, I had to call them a few times and they sent the caretaker over to fix it. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

The tv situation has been sorted. U can pick a few companies now. This has only come in this month over here in Rathborne. We were only allowed to deal with Cablewatch up until then. Now we can pick from a number of providers.

Great area, best of luck to all who bought a house/apartment. I'll no doubt be probably sitting beside some of you on trains and buses 😂 ☺️

I'm trying to think did I cover everything, I think I did. ☺️

Hi All,

I have just put down the deposit to purchase the heron in the new phase and I have some questions.

1. Has any one found a good solicitor who does not cost a fortune?

2. To any one who has sanded and varnished the floorboards, How are the noise levels?

3. Has anyone managed to get some of the radiators moved?

4. Are the management fee's payable on a monthly basis, we live in Ashtown and they are,

5. Is the bins store big enough to hold a push bike?

6. Did the builder charge to move the island a few inches closer to the back door?

Thanks in advance for your responses

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Is it just 3 or 4 bed houses in this phase?

CFC007 wrote: »
    Is it just 3 or 4 bed houses in this phase?
    Yes and all 3 beds are sold to the best of my knowledge

• Advertisement

Get an alarm, I got it fitted for €700 and most of my neighbours have one.

Were you happy with the quality of their work? Could you PM me their details please.

Advertisement