Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Blatter wrote: »
    If I do two transfers and take a 4 point hit but then later activite my wildcard, that initial 4 point hit won't count, right?

Correct and it might be better to effect price changes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Wildcarded on Sunday. Have Sanchez envy but not sure it's worth destroying my team to accommodate him. It's the difference between

Stones / Antonio / Negredo and
    Kone / Sanchez / Stuani

Sanchez trolls me every year. As soon as I buy him he stops scoring. Sell him and he starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Are most people wildcarding now? Haven't been keeping up to date with FPL the past few days and looks like I missed the price change train!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,600 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anyone thinking Bamford at 5.0 might be an option if Gray's ban ends up longer than 3 games? I think it might well be with the second charge added. Hull and Watford at home within the next 3 games, obviously this would free up alot of funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

remoteboy wrote: »
    Wildcarded on Sunday. Have Sanchez envy but not sure it's worth destroying my team to accommodate him. It's the difference between

Stones / Antonio / Negredo and
    Kone / Sanchez / Stuani

Sanchez trolls me every year. As soon as I buy him he stops scoring. Sell him and he starts again.
    Simple solution get him in and keep him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

WC team getting closer- something like this looking likely

Aguero will be changed to Costa/Kane for 2 weeks with straight swap back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Many of you already pulled the trigger on the WC button, so I'm gonna probably just speak for myself.

Considering that
    1. I alreay own Hazard, Agüero & Ibra,
    2. I am reasonably happy with my team (*),
    3. I have 2 FT
    4. there are a huge amount of WC being played so there should not be too many movements on the price changes front
    I'm thinking that even in the worse case scenario (Agüero, Lamela, Gray = 3 matches ban, Stones & Friend out), I feel I can do 3 transfers (why not 4) to arrange my team accordingly.

Thing is it's not that I absolutely want to keep my WC but it's rather that I feel I/we don't have enough datum/knowledge to use it now this year. Maybe that's because I already own most of the performing players (though 3 of them will prob be banned). Maybe that's because I've been away from FPL for the first 3 GWs and I don't see the obvious...

But anyway, I think that 4 transfers over the next 2 GWs could do it for me for just a -4 and I'd not have to worry about bringing Agüero back since I could play the WC then if needed and maybe exploit better the price changes (though there are not that much to exploit anyway but early on £0.1m or £0.2m can make a significant diff - on paper and from FHFC work, GW8 could be the ideal one, second international break and GW7 starts on a Friday).

(*)
    Foster (Jaku)
    Valencia Shaw McAuley (Amat, Friend)
    Hazard Lamela Barkley Townsend (Capoue)
    Agüero Ibra Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Many of you already pulled the trigger on the WC button, so I'm gonna probably just speak for myself.

Considering that
    1. I alreay own Hazard, Agüero & Ibra,
    2. I am reasonably happy with my team (*),
    3. I have 2 FT
    4. there are a huge amount of WC being played so there should not be too many movements on the price changes front
    I'm thinking that even in the worse case scenario (Agüero, Lamela, Gray = 3 matches ban, Stones & Friend out), I feel I can do 3 transfers (why not 4) to arrange my team accordingly.

Thing is it's not that I absolutely want to keep my WC but it's rather that I feel I/we don't have enough datum/knowledge to use it now this year. Maybe that's because I already own most of the performing players (though 3 of them will prob be banned). Maybe that's because I've been away from FPL for the first 3 GWs and I don't see the obvious...

But anyway, I think that 4 transfers over the next 2 GWs could do it for me for just a -4 and I'd not have to worry about bringing Agüero back since I could play the WC then if needed and maybe exploit better the price changes (though there are not that much to exploit anyway but early on £0.1m or £0.2m can make a significant diff - on paper and from FHFC work, GW8 could be the ideal one, second international break and GW7 starts on a Friday).

(*)
    Foster (Jaku)
    Valencia Shaw McAuley (Amat, Friend)
    Hazard Lamela Barkley Townsend (Capoue)
    Agüero Ibra Gray

I'd keep it if I were you. GW6 could be a great time to wildcard with Aguero back and two Friday nights for price changes.

I'm not regretting playing mine, but if Aguero had been confirmed out I'd probably have looked more at taking a hit or 2 and WCing in GW6.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

marriappa is gone in at 4ml
    will Keane at 4.5
    mustafi 6 - no thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Marriappa likely to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

In fairness, the combination of Aguero, Gray and Lemela bans, along with deadline day, the international break and early season adjustments has made wildcard inevitable for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Opinion on Wildcard.

Heaton

Shaw----Williams
    Evans

----De Bruyne---Cazorla---Hazard----Coutinho

Benteke
    Ibra
    Bony

Subs: Mandanda, Gibson, Wilson, Capoue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd keep it if I were you. GW6 could be a great time to wildcard with Aguero back and two Friday nights for price changes.
    Ah yeah missed that. Also, potentially less WC played on a non-international break GW so better for price changes. All I'm gonna need is a couple of monster scores from unusual players :p.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Opinion on Wildcard.

Heaton

Shaw----Williams
    Evans

----De Bruyne---Cazorla---Hazard----Coutinho

Benteke
    Ibra
    Bony

Subs: Mandanda, Gibson, Wilson, Capoue

Wilson doesn't play. Maybe another playing £4.0m def would be better. Amat?
    You went for KDB-Cazorla. Sanchez-Sterling may be better but I presume dearer...
    I'm not sure about Bony too. Can he replicate his Swansea form (an attack-minded team) at Stoke (a more defense-oriented team)?

Then what's your plan to get Agüero back? Downgrade KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Has there been any more clarity made of what is happening with Andre Gray and Lamela with their potential bans?

I see Aguero has been given until Thursday now to appeal his ban but is definitely going to miss the UTD game. Are most holding on to him or shipping him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Gray has been given until Monday to respond. It's looking like Lamela won't be charged.

Has there been any more clarity made of what is happening with Andre Gray and Lamela with their potential bans?

I see Aguero has been given until Thursday now to appeal his ban but is definitely going to miss the UTD game. Are most holding on to him or shipping him out?

Where was it confirmed he'd miss United game?

FHFC wrote: »
    Where was it confirmed he'd miss United game?

Not 100% confirmed but more than likely by the time he appeals and they make a decision:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1694795/sergio-aguero-charged-with-violent-conduct-and-set-to-miss-manchester-derby-after-elbow-on-winston-reid/

Any decision will definitely be made by the United game. He has till this afternoon to appeal after which they'll decide pretty much straight away. It should be confirmed by tomorrow if not this evening.

And even if it's not resolved he would then be free to play.

Thought you meant the injury.

If he appeals can they add another game on if he loses?

Sanchez has a fixture in Chile Tuesday night South American time (early hours of Wednesday morning here), we still confident he gets 90 against Southampton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    Sanchez has a fixture in Chile Tuesday night South American time (early hours of Wednesday morning here), we still confident he gets 90 against Southampton?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99205387&postcount=1040
    http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2016/09/01/moving-target-nacer-chadli/?hc_page=9#hc_comment_13971437

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

So conflicted. Big part of me feels like it's premature to play the wildcard when there are so still so many unknowns, and the dust isn't anywhere near settled on the season. I feel like we're another 2-3 weeks away from figuring out what the best looking spine of a team is going forward, and I don't quite trust myself to take a punt at this juncture.

But with Aguero's suspension and Gray's impending suspension, as well as having had a middling-to-poor start to the season, I don't see any other option.

So conflicted. Big part of me feels like it's premature to play the wildcard when there are so still so many unknowns, and the dust isn't anywhere near settled on the season. I feel like we're another 2-3 weeks away from figuring out what the best looking spine of a team is going forward, and I don't quite trust myself to take a punt at this juncture.

But with Aguero's suspension and Gray's impending suspension, as well as having had a middling-to-poor start to the season, I don't see any other option.

Similar situation. No way am I wildcarding until the picture is clearer.

By the time Kun is back we will pretty much know the starting 11's of all teams. So I may transfer Kun and Gray for a -4.

So I can punt on a pair of strikers for the next 2-3 GW's and may not need a -4 depending on what happens with Gray.

if payet is back he has cracking fixtures .......oh he came on for France vs Italy
    INTERESTING

Aguero 3 match ban. that's that so. Ciao for now! Welcome Alexis

Ozil and Payet or Alexis and Antonio ???? Alexis is a good captain choice next week which is swaying me
    West ham have lively fixtures though

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    Ozil and Payet or Alexis and Antonio ???? Alexis is a good captain choice next week which is swaying me
    West ham have lively fixtures though

Sanchez and Antonio. Bilic should be playing him in an attacking role from now on.

Sanchez and Antonio. Bilic should be playing him in an attacking role from now on.

I'm not really seriously considering Ozil anyway TBH I want Sanchez this week
    Can't really fit Payet in too at the moment if I keep Sterling . I'm not sure I will but then I will need a good option around 7ml and there are not many as good as Antonio for next few weeks
    I am now also considering lukaku as a place holder for aguero ..............I swore never again .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    I'm not really seriously considering Ozil anyway TBH I want Sanchez this week
    Can't really fit Payet in too at the moment if I keep Sterling . I'm not sure I will but then I will need a good option around 7ml and there are not many as good as Antonio for next few weeks
    I am now also considering lukaku as a place holder for aguero ..............I swore never again .......

I think Lukaku is a decent option given the fixtures and he's bound to pick up some form soon. I'm considering Kane as a Kun placeholder, what do you think?

Advertisement