Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Benimar wrote: »
    Whats the rest of your team like? They can obviously all be fitted in, but what compromises have you made elsewhere?

Gk and Def. Still tinkering with both but looks like 8.5 spent on GK and 23.1 spent on Def

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Foster / Mandanda
    Gibson Evans Shaw Kone Amat
    Sterling Hazard Sanchez Antonio Capoue
    Ibra Costa Hernandez

and then in two weeks (hoping all price rises / drops cancel each other out) switch Costa and Sanchez to Aguero and Cazorla for

Foster / Mandanda
    Gibson Evans Shaw Kone Amat
    Sterling Hazard Cazorla Antonio Capoue
    Ibra Aguero Hernandez

Any thoughts?

If I want to keep Sanchez I'd need to do three transfers - Antonio to Fer, Costa to Aguero and Hernandez to Diomande. Not ideal but at least it's an option.

Also thinking of a straight swap of Shaw for Baines - his fixtures look better in the short term. And Chambers or Friend for Gibson. Not sure if Chambers will start straight away but I'd expect him to be in the first team shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Is there likely to be a week where some teams might have a double set of fixtures before xmas, that I should hold off using wildcard in case?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Is there likely to be a week where some teams might have a double set of fixtures before xmas, that I should hold off using wildcard in case?

Unless there is extremely bad weather to affect fixtures, then no.

In and around GW30s depending on cup ties will determine DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,943 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've spent over an hour and a half this morning on this. I gotta get it done now because I've a feeling with all the wildcards in use that the site might go down close to the shut off time.

Gone with this,

Foster, Heaton
    Shaw, Morgan, Kone, Souare, Amat
    Sanchez, Hazard, Sterling, Hendrick, Capoue
    Ibra, Costa, Negredo

That leaves me with .4 in the bank and and only Costa and one of my premium mids(Sterling most likely) to bring back in Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Foster
    Valencia Gibson Williams Evans Amat
    Sanchez Hazard Antonio Lamela Maloney
    Ibrahimovic Bony Costa

100 points! easy game this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've spent over an hour and a half this morning on this. I gotta get it done now because I've a feeling with all the wildcards in use that the site might go down close to the shut off time.

Gone with this,

Foster, Heaton
    Ibra, Costa, Negredo

That leaves me with .4 in the bank and and only Costa and one of my premium mids(Sterling most likely) to bring back in Aguero.

What's the reasoning behind choosing Hendrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Last minute A/B test to put to the good folk of FSA. Which bolded pair would you rather in your starting XI?

Hazard Sterling Sanchez Lamela (Capoue)
    Costa Ibra Benteke

Or:

Hazard Sterling Ozil Firmino Lamela
    Costa Ibra (Diomande)

Leaning towards (A) myself, but would appreciate any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gone with this,

Foster, Heaton
    Ibra, Costa, Negredo

I'm not sure Hendrick will start today. He will be in the team soon enough though

Last minute A/B test to put to the good folk of FSA. Which bolded pair would you rather in your starting XI?

Costa Ibra Benteke

Or:

Costa Ibra (Diomande)

Definitely A

But I would also get rid of Lamela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are you sticking with Mirallas, I've put him in my wildcard team with everyone fixtures in mind as I think he'll score better than Barkley if he gets the minutes.
    Will he get the minutes, there still seems like poor enough options to replace him.

Well I'm going to keep him until either:

- he gets dropped
    - does something classically Mirallas and get injured or sent off
    - I wildcard and review the situation in a number of weeks
    - Something more shiny comes along that I must have

You could say that for any player though but I'd like to get a few more weeks out of him with these fixtures and there's attacking points in him if he plays.

I'm not sure Hendrick will start today. He will be in the team soon enough though

Well it's a differential move and with the way Burnley play normally I can see him getting into the box quite a bit so I'm taking a chance on him at a budget price.

All the papers and FFS are projecting him to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hendrick likes a shot, he'll score a couple. Probably not a high enough output to nail down a spot in my team at any stage but he'll make some people happy if they have him at the right time.

Well I'm going to keep him until either:

- he gets dropped
    - does something classically Mirallas and get injured or sent off
    - I wildcard and review the situation in a number of weeks
    - Something more shiny comes along that I must have

You could say that for any player though but I'd like to get a few more weeks out of him with these fixtures and there's attacking points in him if he plays.
    Dropping a player in form is a bad move imo. I've learned that the hard way over the years.

If I had him I'd be keeping him, same with Barkley.

I don't for the life of me understand how people are going mad for Lukaku this weekend because he scored a couple of international goals. If you look at his history there is nothing to suggest he will translate this into Premier league goals. And with Enner Valencia after arriving there he could see himself being pulled off after an hour if he hasn't found the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Considering Puncheon at the same price and 0.1 cheaper than Snodgrass...

FHFC wrote: »

I'm keeping a close eye on how Henriksen plays. He's the 5.5 I want but need to see where he fits in first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The talk is that Puncheon and Benteke are a partnership made in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Invincible

Costa Ibra Benteke

Or:

Costa Ibra (Diomande)

Pick (A) as well and am keeping Lamela until reason not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

8-10 wrote: »
    Definitely A

But I would also get rid of Lamela

Is that just because there are doubts over him this weekend?

I'd actually rather Barkley in there, but can't find the budget elsewhere. I could do Mirallas I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Is it worth saving £1.0m from Baines + Friend to Williams + Kone to facilitate Aguero back in? Well it's in fact more a case of downgrading Sanchez to Ozil rather than to Cazorla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Neoulous wrote: »
    Is it worth saving £1.0m from Baines + Friend to Williams + Kone to facilitate Aguero back in? Well it's in fact more a case of downgrading Sanchez to Ozil rather than to Cazorla.

That will only save .5
    Personally I'd have baines and Kone anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

km79 wrote: »
    That will only save .5
    Personally I'd have baines and Kone anyway
    Ah yeah. Meant Love.

Kept Friend in the end. For now it'll do. I'll reassess in a couple of GWs.

Well it's a differential move and with the way Burnley play normally I can see him getting into the box quite a bit so I'm taking a chance on him at a budget price.

All the papers and FFS are projecting him to start.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/still-no-barnes-for-burnley

This is from a burnley website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Went for:
    Foster (Pickford)
    Bellerin Baines Valencia Masuaku (Amat)
    Sanchez Hazard (c) Sterling (Snodgrass, Capoue)
    Ibrahimovic Benteke Negredo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Went with

Foster Jaku
    Baines Valencia Amat Kone Collins
    Hazard Ozil Sterling Lamela Capoue
    Ibra Benteke Lukaku

Done. Hate wildcards.

Foster (Pickford)
    Valencia, Baines, Collins (Kone, Amat)
    Hazard, Payet, Cazorla, Puncheon (Capoue)
    Lukaku, Zlatan, Costa

Collins a late switch who I'm not at all sure about.and expect to be dropped soon, but if I get 2 weeks outa him I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

tailgunner wrote: »
    Fairly settled on this:

Foster (Heaton)

Valencia / Baines / Kone (Nsue / Amat)

Hazard / Sanchez / Lamela / Redmond (Capoue)

Ibrahimovic / Lukaku / Defoe

A little unsure whether keeping Kone is a great idea, but I've had him since GW1 and we've bonded.

Swapped Nsue, Lamela and Defoe for Friend, Sterling and Gray. Not sure it was worth my while wildcarding at all really, but sure it's done now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Well a green arrow so far after wildcard.

Positives: Antonio and Benteke. Captaining Ibra though his yc was annoying.
    Negatives: Sanchez 1 pointer. Not finding room for Firmino. A combined 3 points from Heaton and Evans despite good fixtures.

Everton goalfest on Monday night would make it a great week but with Kone on the bench I expect a 0-0 draw!

Collins was the last and undeniably worst decision of my wildcard. Wasn't gonna touch him and was on Kone and Holebas as my 4.5 defs all along. After dropping Holebas for a non playing 4.0 for a while I changed my mind last minute (like 11.20 this morn) but then got Collins in as he had better short term fixtures. Dopey bald ginger fecker. (And I actually don't mean myself)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Made an arse of the wildcard, never hit play wildcard so now I'm looking at -12 hit.. if I was to make more changes and this time play wildcard would the override the -12 for this Week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

quick feet wrote: »
    Made an arse of the wildcard, never hit play wildcard so now I'm looking at -12 hit.. if I was to make more changes and this time play wildcard would the override the -12 for this Week?

Assuming you activated the WC after 11.30am yesterday, yes hitting the WC button overrides the -12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

https://gyazo.com/cffbd2102b67b5338a8967b16f2c727d

Thinking of the following changes with my wc from when Aguero is back. I'm leaving 1.4 in the bank to be able to swap Costa for Ibra or Hazard for De Bryune when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I was planning on keeping my WC to bring Aguero back in, but after the sh!t show that was last week I'm considering pulling the trigger a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I was planning on keeping my WC to bring Aguero back in, but after the sh!t show that was last week I'm considering pulling the trigger a week early.

Why? You'd have to leave money ITB for Aguero and commit a transfer to getting him a week later if you want him. He could also injure himself tomorrow in CL or in training over the next 12 days.

Why? You'd have to leave money ITB for Aguero and commit a transfer to getting him a week later if you want him. He could also injure himself tomorrow in CL or in training over the next 12 days.

I was thinking of bringing him in on the WC now and just sitting him for a week. I suppose you're right and maybe I'm just being a bit reactionary after 26 points last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Pulled the trigger:

Mandana Jakupovic

Baines Shaw Williams Pieters Evans

Sanchez De Bruyne Firmino Capoue (4.5 - 5.0 mid)

Kane Benteke Bony

Pulled the trigger on Sat night - have money ITB to do Kane to Aguero - will put Kane captain home to Sunderland.

Any suggestions on who my 5th mid could be? Depending on rises and falls could be as high as 5.0 budget. Looking at 4-3-3 and playing Capoue anyway so will rarely get game time.

Like the Everton double up at the back, am a little nervous about selling Ibra , will mean I have Mandana, Pieters (due to drop this week), Firmino, Sanchez and Bony all in my team bought after drops which represents a bit of value I think.

Any other feedback appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

My fodder mid picks right now are: Leko, De Roon, and Fletcher and Hojbjerg if they drop to 4.4m

I've actually figured i can keep Stones instead of Evans if I get Carrick at 4.3 as my fifth mid - so team will look like:

Mandana Jakupovic

Baines Williams Shaw Stones Pieters

Sanchez De Bruyne Firmino Capoue Carrick

Aguero Benteke Bony

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I've actually figured i can keep Stones instead of Evans if I get Carrick at 4.3 as my fifth mid - so team will look like:

Mandana Jakupovic

Baines Williams Shaw Stones Pieters

Sanchez De Bruyne Firmino Capoue Carrick

Aguero Benteke Bony

This year is fantastic!! We are seen all sorts of formations and each one of them have there own foundation or reason & looking solid.

Good team but what if a mid price midfielder begins to explode & Capoue's forms drops? You'll have 2 bench fodders in your attacking 8.

In my eyes going with 6 attackers I'd have to have 4 premium attackers to justify this.

Chesty08 wrote: »

Good team but what if a mid price midfielder begins to explode & Capoue's forms drops? You'll have 2 bench fodders in your attacking 8.

Maybe Sanchez to Ozil and then get Bolasie in.

• Advertisement

After a drop from 4k to 110k in one week, coupled with the injury to John Terry, WC activated.
    Currently looking at:

Foster Heaton
    Shaw Baines PVA Evans Kingsley
    Hazard Sanchez Antonio Capoue Snodgrass
    Ibra Lukaku Benteke

Planning on doing something like Lukaku > Kun and Sanchez > Mirallas or the likes, but plenty of tinkering to be done yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

WC active and draft 1 is as follows:

Heaton/Jaku

Baines Walker Evans Amat Smith

Antonio Capoue Firmino Hazard Cazorla

Lukaku Ibra Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

TacT wrote: »

Heaton/Jaku

Lukaku Ibra Benteke

Looks good. I'm more than likely going to get in Firmino next week as Liverpool's fixtures are very good for the next while. Walker has been very attacking in Spurs' first few games and has got bonus in all the games he's completed so he's a good pick. Have you a plan to get in Aguero? And is that Adam or Brad Smith in your defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

TacT wrote: »

Heaton/Jaku

Lukaku Ibra Benteke

Looks good. I'm more than likely going to get in Firmino next week as Liverpool's fixtures are very good for the next while. Walker has been very attacking in Spurs' first few games and has got bonus in all the games he's completed so he's a good pick. Have you a plan to get in Aguero? And is that Adam or Brad Smith in your defence?
    Cheers, it's Alan Smith. Have 1.6ITB, so, I can get him back in place of Lukaku/Ibra + Benteke/Hazard for a -4 is the idea. If I leave the money ITB for no points hits I feel like I'm leaving my team a bit short elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Have played my wildcard this week. Any opinions on the team below. Had Ibra in my team but have him out now to free up funds to have a better midfield.

Boruc

Stones - Evans - Baines

Cazorla - Mané - De Bruyne - Hazard

Lukaku - Benteke - Costa

Pickford
    Capoue
    Kingsley
    Friend

Have played my wildcard this week. Any opinions on the team below. Had Ibra in my team but have him out now to free up funds to have a better midfield.

Boruc

Stones - Evans - Baines

Cazorla - Mané - De Bruyne - Hazard

Lukaku - Benteke - Costa

Pickford
    Capoue
    Kingsley
    Friend

Nice team. Amat seems to possibly be more secure than Kingsley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Trigger pulled....

Foster Jakupovic

Baines Verthongen Amat A.Smith Valencia

Carzola KDB Firmino Capoue Antonio

Lukaku Zlatan Benteke

Not 100% happy with it tbh...feels a bit reactive rather than forward looking.

Tempted by Costa but might wait another week or two. Lack of Spurs attack worrying too :-(

Any feedback welcome...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Nice team. Amat seems to possibly be more secure than Kingsley.

Would like to get a United player in there somehow but nothing is really sticking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No United cover. City result aside they have been very good so far and will be there or there abouts for the rest of the year. I think a united defender is a must.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Trigger pulled....

Foster Jakupovic

Baines Verthongen Amat A.Smith Valencia

Carzola KDB Firmino Capoue Antonio

Lukaku Zlatan Benteke

Not 100% happy with it tbh...feels a bit reactive rather than forward looking.

Tempted by Costa but might wait another week or two. Lack of Spurs attack worrying too :-(

Any feedback welcome...

I like it vert and firmino are good picks. I'd get Evans over smith. I probably wouldn't get kdb could you get ihenacho and leave the money for aguero.

• Advertisement
Advertisement