Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    I think its very worth covering penalty takers too.

Draft with Baines, Cazorla, Hazard, Aguero, Zlatan and Benteke in front of me looking quite good. Six likely penalty takers in the season thats in it, Alexis can get assists for being fouled in the box all he likes!

Throw Snodgrass in there too as your cheap 4th mid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I think its very worth covering penalty takers too.

Draft with Baines, Cazorla, Hazard, Aguero, Zlatan and Benteke in front of me looking quite good. Six likely penalty takers in the season thats in it, Alexis can get assists for being fouled in the box all he likes!

The only one of those I'd be somewhat worried about is Cazorla. He could be rotated quite a bit. Who is next in line for penalties if he's not on the pitch? Sanchez? Giroud?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Alexis Sanchez 68 league games for arsenal 30 goals. He is a must for me. I don't think there is any other midfielder that can give you a goal less than every 2.5 games. He hasn't started the season great especially compared to hazard but is only 4 pts off his output.

And Cazorla is only 2 points behind Alexis at 3.4m less and 78mins less played... ;)

Am a Sanchez fan too but too early to compare points tallies.

Interesting season. We've not even talked about Liverpool mids, Payet and Spurs and the budget is shot!

The only one of those I'd be somewhat worried about is Cazorla. He could be rotated quite a bit. Who is next in line for penalties if he's not on the pitch? Sanchez? Giroud?

Giroud usually. I'm not sure about this Caz rotation thing. A lot of Arsenal fans reckon he really makes them tick. If Xhaka does what it says in his tin surely they won't need two out and out defensive mids and Coquelin will lose out. Ramsey rumoured to be leaving.

Giroud usually. I'm not sure about this Caz rotation thing. A lot of Arsenal fans reckon he really makes them tick. If Xhaka does what it says in his tin surely they won't need two out and out defensive mids and Coquelin will lose out. Ramsey rumoured to be leaving.

He'll probably get replaced by Elneny for tougher away games. Can't see Ramsey leaving, I think Wenger would ideally like him partnering Xhaka in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

And Cazorla is only 2 points behind Alexis at 3.4m less and 78mins less played... ;)

Am a Sanchez fan too but too early to compare points tallies.

Interesting season. We've not even talked about Liverpool mids, Payet and Spurs and the budget is shot!

I'm all about career stats when it comes to Sanchez. I'm hoping the big 4 can all stay fit for the majority of the season as it will make things very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ramsey leaving hardly. Wilshire is available for loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Throw Snodgrass in there too as your cheap 4th mid!

Hernandez is on pens then Snodgrass

Would Noble be worth considering for West Ham's nice run? Though he doesn't offer a huge amount apart from pens.

He'll probably get replaced by Elneny for tougher away games. Can't see Ramsey leaving, I think Wenger would ideally like him partnering Xhaka in the future.

On that basis though, for Arsenal's upcoming run of superb fixtures...4 from next 6 at home...SOT, hul, CHE, bur, SWA, MID, sun ...Cazorla should start 6 of those at least??(and score about 5 pens :))

I'm nearly committed to him and the option to swap Hazard to Sanchez if necessary given the harder Chelsea fixtures.

Spurs, West Ham and Everton also have grwat fixtures coming up and need to be considered outside of this big 4 plan!!

• Advertisement

Meanwhile I've just realised that I'm likely to gain more value by mot wildcarding!! :eek:

10 of my 15 have risen at least once already. 8 have risen once. 4 of my mids have risen.

2 of my 15 could get a secons rise of the season by the end of the week (Lamela if not banned and Costa) or at least get it early next week if they have a good week.

I'll lose more potential bankable rises by titting about than I can gain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Byram ar 3rd and 4th wouldbe quite strong.

Just be aware he's a bit of a card magnet though.

Meanwhile I've just realised that I'm likely to gain more value by mot wildcarding!! :eek:

10 of my 15 have risen at least once already. 8 have risen once. 4 of my mids have risen.

2 of my 15 could get a secons rise of the season by the end of the week (Lamela if not banned and Costa) or at least get it early next week if they have a good week.

I'll lose more potential bankable rises by titting about than I can gain.

Figured a way round it. Wildcard activated.

• FHFC wrote: »
    Figured a way round it. Wildcard activated.

18 mins....... Quicker turnaround than the Dubs yesterday!

18 mins....... Quicker turnaround than the Dubs yesterday!

I currently have five 4.0 defenders. (aka Busts dream defence :))

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cazorl a Sanchez and Ozil all edging closer to a rise
    It's almost decision time !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    Cazorl a Sanchez and Ozil all edging closer to a rise
    It's almost decision time !

Apart from the horror of watching a game where Ozil's playing with Giroud, placing ball after ball on the Franchman's head four yards from goal, I was driving through a village about two months ago pondering the Sanchez/Ozil dilemma. I'd just made my mind up on Ozil when i saw a guy in an Arsenal jersey walking a dog. I'd never seen anyone else in a soccer jersey in this village before so i took this as a sign.

I'm bringing Barkley in.

Ah no, really, I have Ozil in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

When will we know the story with Aguero, Gray and Lamela?

If those 3 are banned I'll probably wildcard especially with doubts over Friend and Stones as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

If those 3 are banned I'll probably wildcard especially with doubts over Friend and Stones as well.

It was bank holiday in England yesterday so I presume today

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Funny enough but because all three occurred over the same weekend I think it will end bad for all of them.

With Aguero you will have the "will someone think of the children" brigade. Also you can't have someone from a small club getting punished and the person from the big club escaping.
    Gray - can't let someone escape hate speech when someone else is being punished for missing with an elbow.
    And Lamela - have to balance the punishment across title rivals equally.

• Advertisement

Apart from the horror of watching a game where Ozil's playing with Giroud, placing ball after ball on the Franchman's head four yards from goal, I was driving through a village about two months ago pondering the Sanchez/Ozil dilemma. I'd just made my mind up on Ozil when i saw a guy in an Arsenal jersey walking a dog. I'd never seen anyone else in a soccer jersey in this village before so i took this as a sign.

I'm bringing Barkley in.

Ah no, really, I have Ozil in.
    Leaning this way and an expensive place holder for aguero
    Kane would be ideal has nice fixtures but Zero form

Marshall signs for hull
    Time to get Pickford for Jaku me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Marshall signs for hull

Unfortunately Sunderland will likely sign someone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Marshall signs for hull

How certain are we Marshall will be no. 1? And if we go with a perma-keeper e.g. Foster, with a 4.0 to free funds, will a non-playing but widely owned 4.1 Jak keep his value better than a 4.0 non-entity who nobody has?

CSF wrote: »
    Unfortunately Sunderland will likely sign someone too.

Better chance that they won't than Jaku keeping his place. Fingers crossed.

Transfers have pretty much killed the 4.0s stone dead. Wilson looking nowhere near a regular at Bournemouth from what I can see, will take him a while to nail the spot if he does.

Amat and Pickford the last men standing until Swans/Sunderland make signings..

Better chance that they won't than Jaku keeping his place. Fingers crossed.

Transfers have pretty much killed the 4.0s stone dead. Wilson looking nowhere near a regular at Bournemouth from what I can see, will take him a while to nail the spot if he does.

Amat and Pickford the last men standing until Swans/Sunderland make signings..
    I regret not playing BB when I had the chance now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WC activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Aguero formally charged, throws a bit of a spannr in the works. Do i simply bring someone in to cover fro the time being and keep the money in the bank or do i invest it elsewhere, bringing in Sanchez for example?

Lots to think about, wish they would move the Gray situation along too

Think I am going to go with a Valencia/Shaw double up...if it turns out to be overkill then I can always switch one to another attacking 5.5 option. Those two plus Baines and maybe PVA in a 4-3-3 is so tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If I do two transfers and take a 4 point hit but then later activite my wildcard, that initial 4 point hit won't count, right?

Advertisement