Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

PARlance wrote: »
    Never an elbow.

Reid all over him. Aguero uses forehand to push Reids forehand away. He succeeds and Reids hand is forced down. The excess force cases his fist to hit Reids larynx.

Agreed. Elbow never makes contact. I was just pointing out that his elbow wasn't even that high. It looks as if it was until you slow down the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wildcard on standby

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I know there were differing views on the footage, but I really thought that there was nothing in it and that the FA would not go there as there was at least enough 'grey area' to mount a defence. If I was Aguero or his reps I would challenge it.

My view of the clip was that he was tussling with Reid, note that his arm is raised at the very start as they come together. Then Reid climbs over him, pushes him and his arm downwards, fouling him in the current definition of it. Aguero does react with frustration and some agression but only by pushing back upwards against and raising his arm back to where it was, then jumps slightly as the ball comes in. There is certainly a reaction of pushing himself and swinging/leading with his arm back toward Reid, and his arm and elbow make contact, elbow around the shoulder and wrist/forearm around the windpipe in accidental contact as Reid reacts from the header.

To call it violent play or an attempt to deliberately elbow him in the face is dubious and I think could be challenged by Aguero. Also worth noting that while there is clear contact (elbow to shoulder and wrist/arm to neck/chin) the Reid then grabs his face around the eye and goes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My opinion aside, have we many cases where players were charged but not banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

CSF wrote: »

None that I can think of. Hoping that Gray will be the first and they will just put him on some jokeshop learning course.

Otherwise it looks like Gray+Aguero out for Lukaku+Giroud and hope that Lamela doesn't get whacked with a ban as well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks like they'll have to send Marriner to Specsavers too

Its unusual. Thats why I also thought they would stay away when in some peoples eyes at least there is "grey area" on the offense.

FHFC wrote: »
    Its unusual. Thats why I also thought they would stay away when in some peoples eyes at least there is "grey area" on the offense.

I wish they just had early concrete answers on these things. Can't take out Aguero for Negredo who may rise tonight or tomorrow until I actually know he's in or out. These .1s add up.

• Advertisement

Aguero charged. 3 game ban likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Gibson Worried Scrabble

Any more news on Gray? If they charge him to I may only be able to play 10 next game week

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any more news on Gray? If they charge him to I may only be able to play 10 next game week

I think tomorrow was his deadline to accept or decline the charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Gibson Worried Scrabble

I think tomorrow was his deadline to accept or decline the charge.

They have charged him tho? My own fault for making 3 transfers last Sunday morning I guess but didn't want to miss out on hazard and Ozil if they rose. Which they did

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They have charged him tho? My own fault for making 3 transfers last Sunday morning I guessed.

Yeah he was charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He will miss united and Bournemouth if he gets 3 games ,will need to wildcard to get rid and would not be easy to get back in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

sword1 wrote: »
    He will miss united and Bournemouth if he gets 3 games ,will need to wildcard to get rid and would not be easy to get back in

Selling him is easy but getting him back is a whole different problem. Probably just lookong at Benteke as a like for like till he returns.

dahat wrote: »
    Selling him is easy but getting him back is a whole different problem. Probably just lookong at Benteke as a like for like till he returns.

It's not that hard lads if you're disciplined and stick to a plan.

If wildcarding plan an Aguero team as if he wasn't banned and work backwards so you're no more than 2 or 3 moves away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    It's not that hard lads if you're disciplined and stick to a plan.

If wildcarding plan an Aguero team as if he wasn't banned and work backwards so you're no more than 2 or 3 moves away.

What worries me is that some players will splash the cash all over the place with 4 premium mids and 3 premium defenders and kick our asses while we are waiting for a return of Aguero :)

3 moves away is a good plan, though, especially that Aguero's price could decrease in 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

It'll only take 2 transfers to downgrade Sanchez to a mid price midfielder and upgrade Vardy or whoever you bring in for Aguero. The problem is if Hazard, Sanchez and Zlatan all do well when Aguero is out, it's back to the trying to fit all 4 in and I can't see a way without a pretty weak squad elsewhere

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    What worries me is that some players will splash the cash all over the place with 4 premium mids and 3 premium defenders and kick our asses while we are waiting for a return of Aguero :)

3 moves away is a good plan, though, especially that Aguero's price could decrease in 3 weeks time.

Its only 2 GWs. Let them at it!

It'll only take 2 transfers to downgrade Sanchez to a mid price midfielder and upgrade Vardy or whoever you bring in for Aguero. The problem is if Hazard, Sanchez and Zlatan all do well when Aguero is out, it's back to the trying to fit all 4 in and I can't see a way without a pretty weak squad elsewhere

Yeah but thats where we are anyway. Trying to choose at most 3 from the 'big four'.

Now you get to audition Sanchez for 2 weeks and annoy Busts by making his differential no longer a differential. Come GW6 maybe we'll be ready to get rid of Zlatan or Hazard. But you're right. Assuming it's one of Zlatan, Hazard or Sanchez that makes way to get him back it should be no more than 2 transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What about Lamela & Gray? Did they get charged by the FSA too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

iroced wrote: »

I didn't know the FSA were charging people.

I'd like to propose that Winston Reid gets charged for putting a major spanner in the works for my plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

shineon23 wrote: »

I'd like to propose that Winston Reid gets charged for putting a major spanner in the works for my plans.

Tell him to get in the queue, BUIB, Andy Carroll, Lukaku and Sadio Mane are still awaiting punishment, among others :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Happy Agueroban Deadline Day everybody!

iroced wrote: »

Gray already charged. His deadline to respond is today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just read in the paper that Amat and Redmond likely to be charged for some old Bebo posts that were dug up. Apparently they were drawing massive willies on each others whiteboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just read in the paper that Amat and Redmond likely to be charged for some old Bebo posts that were dug up. Apparently they were drawing massive willies on each others whiteboards.

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

shineon23 wrote: »

Ahah :p tells how much this place is impacting on my mind :pac:.

Advertisement