Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

First draft with Ozil rather than Sanchez

Heaton Jak
    Valencia Baines Kone Evans Amat
    Hazard Ozil Redmond/Bolasie Snodgrass Capoue
    Kun Ibra Benteke

Looks fairly well balanced I think.

I like that

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I said on the matchday thread that I'm happy to wildcard, but I might not now.

I do want Arsenal and Everton coverage though. And I probably need rid of Gray. But if that's it, there's no need at all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

First wildcard draft:

Courtois ,Jak
    Valencia, McAuley, Evans, Kone, Amat
    Hazard, Sanchez, Lamela, Capoue, Fer
    Aguero, Ibra, Diomande

0.5 in the bank

Defence: Chelsea, United and double Pulisball. I know Jak is under threat from the new signing but as long as Courtois is fit he plays. Amat least likely of 4.0 players to be dropped (I hope) Maybe use the 0.5 to upgrade Jak to Heaton or wait and see if Jak is dropped first?

Attack: Will play the big four and Lamela every week. Rotating Capoue, Fer and Diomande based on fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

First wildcard draft:

Courtois ,Jak
    Valencia, McAuley, Evans, Kone, Amat
    Hazard, Sanchez, Lamela, Capoue, Fer
    Aguero, Ibra, Diomande

0.5 in the bank

Defence: Chelsea, United and double Pulisball. I know Jak is under threat from the new signing but as long as Courtois is fit he plays. Amat least likely of 4.0 players to be dropped (I hope) Maybe use the 0.5 to upgrade Jak to Heaton or wait and see if Jak is dropped first?

Attack: Will play the big four and Lamela every week. Rotating Capoue, Fer and Diomande based on fixtures.

3 cheapies in your front 8 is not worth it in my opinion, unless the big 4 go bananas and most mid pricers fail

3 cheapies in your front 8 is not worth it in my opinion, unless the big 4 go bananas and most mid pricers fail

Hmm... could downgrade Sanchez to Ozil freeing up enough to convert Fer to Antonio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Hmm... could downgrade Sanchez to Ozil freeing up enough to convert Fer to Antonio

This will be an ongoing debate here over the next 2 weeks, it feels like the good old Lampard, Gerrard, Ronaldo days. I'm tempted by the big 4 myself but it does leave a fairly unbalanced team possibly with less flexibility without taking -4s when injuries inevitably happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not really understanding the Sanchez bandwagon myself. Far too streaky a player, and Ozil likely to score similar for cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

And I'm live.

Couldn't see the point in me holding it much longer

Will be using it to downgrade premium defence and try fit in:
    Aguero
    Zlatan
    Hazard
    Sanchez (or Giroud long term as my 3rd striker)

Had a few players in danger of dropping price and losing their starting coupled with rises elsewhere.

Allows me some flexibility for new signings potentially displacing my main men Amat and Jakupovic and injuries during the break.

And Agureo's probable ban makes me start from scratch again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

And Agureo's probable ban makes me start from scratch again!

Hope it's sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd say if he's being charged he'll be charged tomorrow. They have tomove fast to give h an opportunity to respond if he wants.

I was set on holding my wildcard till next week but the factors are stacking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

After a disaster of a week there was no other option but to click the button :D

395596.png

Defence is a weak point. Both Holding and Holgate are short term options and may cause a trouble long term, especially that Shaw or Valencia will have to come back to my team at some point. Looking at United fixtures I decided I can be without one for a while.

West brom have a decent chance of a clean sheet in each of their next four games so doubling up makes sense now.

Amat at 4.0 and still playing is a steal, Kone might be replaced as I don't fancy Sunderland defenders (their record is appalling).

Midfield is strong. The only weak point is Lamela that I am not to sure about, but favourable fixtures ( next 6 games are: Stoke(a), Sunderland(H), Middlesbrough(a), City(H), West Brom(a), Bournemouth(a) ) and the fact that he got me 7 points in his first game in my team wouldn't let me get rid of him yet.

With 0.1 in the bank now, and extra 0.4 available if I downgrade Stuani to Diomande, I might find myself in trouble as it will take few transfers to get the defence sorted when Holding and Holgate are dropped, but there are other options within 4.5 limit so I should be fine.

Have I missed anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

WILDCARD ACTIVATED

5 transfers made for now

De Gea -> Foster
    Friend -> McAuley
    Stones -> Valencia
    Redmond -> Lamela
    Firmino -> Cazorla

.6mil in the bank so debating whether to transfer Gray/Mirallas out also. Will definitely ship out Gray if he gets this ban, Aguero will need monitoring too although i'd be happy enough just to leave him on the bench for 1 week if that was the case.

For people playing with Amat have you seen there fixtures? Can't see them keeping any clean sheet in next 5-6 games

For people playing with Amat have you seen there fixtures? Can't see them keeping any clean sheet in next 5-6 games

Don't think anyone intends on playing him, he's bench fodder that enables investment elsewhere in your team.

Don't think anyone intends on playing him, he's bench fodder that enables investment elsewhere in your team.

Love off Sunderland is 4.0m so is cheaper by 0.1 probably won't play but he'd be my last sub

Love off Sunderland is 4.0m so is cheaper by 0.1 probably won't play but he'd be my last sub

But as of now Amat plays. 2 points is better than 0 points!?

A lot of us have Amat since the start though so got him for 4m.

A lot of us have Amat since the start though so got him for 4m.

I think Amat owners will be keeping a nervous eye on the transfer window closing though. Good chance he'll be under threat.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    But as of now Amat plays. 2 points is better than 0 points!?

Not if somebody needs the 0.1 and is using somebody as a 3rd sub?

Sorry can't multi quote on phone Extra Gravy.

Aye noticed that unfortunately I missed the memo on that one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

See alot of people saying they're activating already. You should wait until the last day before the GW start to activate the wildcard

It is generally accepted that wildcard transfers don't affect prices so it's completely mad to try and use the wildcard week to increase value but to take the option of the transfers you make not making a difference

Don't worry about the -24 hit youre currently on, it will be wiped out at the end of next week when you activate the wildcard - make your transfers now as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

8-10 wrote: »
    See alot of people saying they're activating already. You should wait until the last day before the GW start to activate the wildcard

It is generally accepted that wildcard transfers don't affect prices so it's completely mad to try and use the wildcard week to increase value but to take the option of the transfers you make not making a difference

Don't worry about the -24 hit youre currently on, it will be wiped out at the end of next week when you activate the wildcard - make your transfers now as normal

I'm doing that but the worry many people have with this tactic is that they would somehow forget to confirm their wildcard and end up taking a massive hit the next gameweek.

I am guilty of this. We could look at this from two angles, though.

There are players I consider, but can't have them all now so if all of you wildcarding could click the button when bringing them in, please :D

To be fair I doubt I will make any money anyway. But will remember for future reference.

One thing to note - when I finally decided to play wildcard, I had to make random transfers first, otherwise it wouldn't allow me to play it, despite the fact I was already on -16. Need to get used to this new website, everything seems to be more awkward rather than user friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If Aguero is the prime reason as to why people are going to use their wild card, I think it's worth bearing in mind that there's an excellent chance that he's going to have to be transferred out again at some stage given his injury record. He'll also probably hit an out of sorts dry patch at some stage as he usually does. He's excellent but is prone to dry spells like every other forward that's not Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez.

Blatter wrote: »
    If Aguero is the prime reason as to why people are going to use their wild card, I think it's worth bearing in mind that there's an excellent chance that he's going to have to be transferred out again at some stage given his injury record. He'll also probably hit an out of sorts dry patch at some stage as he usually does. He's excellent but is prone to dry spells like every other forward that's not Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez.

I don't think Aguero has anything to do with most wildcards on this forum.

Everyone built their team starting with Aguero.

He is the best ff player capable of doing double digit scores in any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm doing that but the worry many people have with this tactic is that they would somehow forget to confirm their wildcard and end up taking a massive hit the next gameweek.

I would assume the people on this forum are people who wouldn't forget that. The casuals, yes, but I'm talking about people who will be monitoring their team and price rises throughout the week. If you're that kind of person, you should wildcard at the end. If not then fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

wonski wrote: »
    I don't think Aguero has anything to do with most wildcards on this forum.

Everyone built their team starting with Aguero.

He is the best ff player capable of doing double digit scores in any game.

I think he meant the potential ban that Aguero could get as opposed to people on here not already owning him.

PARlance wrote: »
    I think he meant the potential ban that Aguero could get as opposed to people on here not already owning him.

Didn't think of that:D

It is only one transfer, I doubt anyone is going to rebuild the team due to him being banned. There are good replacements available for 1-3 weeks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I would assume the people on this forum are people who wouldn't forget that. The casuals, yes, but I'm talking about people who will be monitoring their team and price rises throughout the week. If you're that kind of person, you should wildcard at the end. If not then fire away

I am already nervous that I will forget. The deadline is on Friday week this gameweek, you could easily see the site crashing after 5pm that evening too.

Advertisement