Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Women needs to face facts about the link between rape and drinking"

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ahh but many people don't recognize that arousal for men isn't a completely conscious thing. They assume that if the penis gets hard, then he must want sex, and therefore is responsible.

Do you know the term "morning wood"? waking up in the morning with a hard-on. Quite common for most men I think. A few years ago I had a friend and his sister stay in my apartment. Woke up in the morning with her naked on top of me. I'd been asleep during the whole initaition of sex. Now, it wasn't rape as such because I didn't say "no" or "stop", but no initial consent was asked of me.

Without consent, I would say it was rape, even if the law doesn't allow for it. Unwanted sexual contact at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnny11

spurious wrote: »
    Without consent, I would say it was rape, even if the law doesn't allow for it. Unwanted sexual contact at the very least.

Agree

Advertisement