Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Not yet.... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

No - here's waiting another week as per PSNI26 guess - 29th

After that, it's last chance saloon on the 5th August!!

Calls have went out on tue/wed/thur/fri too

Don't be telling me that - i'll be jumping at the private numbers, with nerves every day next week :)

They started on the 22st last month which is a tue!

• Advertisement

**21st

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

Well folks, it's the start of another week in the waiting room.
    May your wait be short and your phone signal strong.
    Good luck

the 1509 medicals appear to be happening......fairly rapidly too!!!

The 1405 calls would need to start coming this week or next at latest.......its the "not knowing" factor of the waiting room!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Is there anybody you can contact to see how long it's gonna be before they tell us about start dates or the vetting has came through?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

Is there anybody you can contact to see how long it's gonna be before they tell us about start dates or the vetting has came through?
    Phone 101 and ask for Police Officer Recruitment and they will put you through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Just had email today about passing medical so now in the waiting room lol.'

1509 campaign bdw

This wait is a killer!

Possibly the busiest I've ever been in work and all I think off is recruitment / check Boards.ie for an update......just put me out of my misery already :)

On the plus side, I recall lads at my medical and PCA, none of them used boards website so that's a grouping in the same boat without this network support!!

Maybe thur or Friday!

I personally think it's to early for calls. I think will be mid August calls with October intake

There was talk of a September intake...but maybe it is a bit early, however, rate 1405 recruitment was stepped up, thought it would be fairly quick (5 weeks from last calls which where 21 June then started)

October intake is for 1509 supposedly (according to board comments)

Yea and with the rate that they are processing 1509 I would have thought it be a sept intake but I guess as usual no one really knows!! Lol

another day, another anxious wait.......maybe they are waiting to place the most recent people who got calls into GV next week and then issue calls for new recruits!

I don't know how people waited months for calls.....its so difficult putting your life on hold until told your in or your out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

How much notice do you get between the call and start date normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Usually between 5-6 weeks. It can vary so have a plan in place. You are not commited at that stage so attend induction before quitting your job in a mad rush.

• Advertisement

Another reason I think calls will be delayed for another month is due a squad being put back to more a less the start for what is reported as exam cheating( Stating what papers have said). This would cause I delay in recruitment as that squad should of been finished by now and another one ready to take its place after the august calls had went out at the end of june.

Just my 2pence tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Does anyone know if you can put yourself back an intake? i.e if you have commitments on the date your meant to start? Hoping for an Oct intake if successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Does anyone know if you can put yourself back an intake? i.e if you have commitments on the date your meant to start? Hoping for an Oct intake if successful!

I think you can put it back. If it was me though I would do everything in my power not to defer. Recruitment is unpredictable and can be stopped/frozen at any time

I will certainly try my best to take the first that i'm offered, Just a lot of stuff on in sept that i literally cant change so worrying a bit on that. I still havent got medical results yet though so could be worrying for nothing haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Same problem as yourself tackleberry. Have a holiday and 2 family weddings so if the induction weekend falls badly for me in sept I will have to defer for a month too! Just want to know what's going on

Are yous in 1405 or 1509? I don't know what's happening I'm in 1405 and just like a sitting duck with 1509being progressed so quickly and a new campaign opening early sept it's hard to tell what's going on!

In the 1509 myself, Im sure it's so frustrating for the 1405 but hopefully you get called in for the early one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Have heard the 1st intake from 1509 will be October so you may not have to worry Tack!

Hope your correct Mars! Hate being over confident though, scared I'll jinx myself and fail the medical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Have heard the 1st intake from 1509 will be October so you may not have to worry Tack!
    Add your reply here.
    If the intake for 1509 is October when would the induction be? September?

Advertisement