Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastway/Parcel Connect

• 10-11-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I'm expecting a package, and apparently fastway are the couriers for it.
    I came home yesterday to a slip from fastway with a mobile number scrawled on it, nothing else.
    I read the slip and it said the package could be collected from the depot the following day or you could call the courier to arrange redelivery. Since it was 10pm I left it till the morning.
    9am, I call the number, line busy. Same story every time I try calling it till I have to hit the road for work. Sure my route passes the depot I'll call in and just get it.
    I go to the depot, and talk to the most annoyed man there. Apparently the slip means it was an evening delivery. Not that that means anything to me. So he calls the driver, turns out its still on the van. So now I have to try and get someone to be there "some time today" so it can be delivered.

Why say on the slip I can collect it from the depot the following day if that isnt true?
    Surely "Courier Experts" such as those at fastway can set this up the same as every other courier that runs in this town (I dont know about others). You get the slip, call to the depot the following day and you get the package, no hassle.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shane M89

From experience I'd say the driver forgot to leave out your parcel from the day before and it was put back into the freight for the next day he loaded it up without knowing I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I'd understand that, I make mistakes too. Its more the attitudes of the driver when I spoke to him and the person in the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I have a Fastway delivery due to arrive from Littlewoods (a large TV). It was supposed to be delivered yesterday so I had to work from home.

Predictably nothing arrived, and I won't be able to work from home Monday as well as yesterday was an exception permitted by work.

So assuming I'm not home for the delivery what happens when(if) they arrive? Will they call beforehand?

I tried to ring the company but phones are not answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mrcheez wrote: »
    I have a Fastway delivery due to arrive from Littlewoods (a large TV). It was supposed to be delivered yesterday so I had to work from home.

Predictably nothing arrived, and I won't be able to work from home Monday as well as yesterday was an exception permitted by work.

So assuming I'm not home for the delivery what happens when(if) they arrive? Will they call beforehand?

I tried to ring the company but phones are not answered.

Each driver is a law unto himself with Fastway, nobody knows what they'll do. Bonne chance.

Jebus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭agrostar

I would strongly advise anyone from using fastway they are a disaster organised for them to collect an item to be delivered by them using parcel connect. After several phone calls to depot and driver and approx two working weeks item still wasn't collected so rang and cancelled service. Girl in office told me I'd have to talk to someone in another department to get refund. Did they ring me? did they f##k after ringing them at least four other times about refund put on hold three times and hung up on once. Driver is a law on himself also can have stuff for days we live in the country approx 3 miles from main road and shop that is a depot/drop off point for them. Ring supplier to see where stuff is, within an hour fastway driver rings "hey bud I've a package there for ya I tried ringing the other day but no answer, (no missed call on my phone)I don't have time to bring it up to your place today I'm running late I'll leave it in town at drop off point" so not only will they not collect they will not deliver either end up either having to wait till he wants to come to deliver or I'm stuck and tell him to leave at shop where I have to collect.

Unfortunately I had no choice in the matter of which courier was used, delivery is from Littlewoods.

I'll notify Littlewoods of what has been said here though and perhaps they can contact the courier on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Fastway is an absolute disaster of a company, I keep telling them nobody is there from noon every day, yet they arrive at 12.30 or 1pm. It really is very annoying but the company I ordered from won't allow me to get deliveries to my work address. Closing my account once I have received the last package.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scas100

'I keep telling them nobody is there from noon every day, yet they arrive at 12.30 or 1pm'

fastway have set runs like a postman, so the courier will always be in an area about the same time, if your not going to be there arrange for it to be delivered elsewhere or tell the courier where he can leave it somewhere for you-like a shed or something.

fastway i agree, are the worst of all the courier companies, but its because of the nature of the franchise model they use. head office screw the regional franchises and then they in turn screw the franchise couriers. leading to the couriers having to deliver 100-150 jobs a day( ignoring collections ) for as little as 75 cents per delivery and on some occasions the collections for literally nothing. trying to do that leads to the phone call with him saying ' sorry but i cant come back to your area or i cant be there at that time'

the only reason fastway are still in business is due to the littlewoods contract. they went bust in most of the countries they started in, all thats left is new zealand, australia, ireland and south africa. So complain to the companies that send the stuff out with fastway and theyll stop using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭beardo81

Have to agree on Fastway being awful. 3 years ago had a laptop delivered from Littlewoods, same craic, nobody home. The driver dropped it over my side gate and left, my dog proceeded to tear it to shreds and have a Lenovo lunch.

Littlewoods replaced it quickly, but thats disgraceful behaviour from any company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

avoid parcel connect and fastway.

I ordered 2 items from ebay uk on 2 separate days from 2 different sellers to be delivered through parcel connect to my local pickup point. a week later no sign of them being delivered , no texts or emails from parcel connect. rang them about it and gave them my details, they said they would lookat it and get back to me , they never rang back. they tried to blame it on royal mail so I contacted the sellers one of whom refunded my money while the other one resent the order with signed for delivery. after no sign of the second delivery turning up I got the tracking details from the seller which showed they had received it but a week later they had not delivered it to my pick up point .
    got a call today from the fastway courier telling me he had left it at the pick up point and that there were 2 more parcels there for a few weeks uncollected which were the original orders. so the long and the short of it is fastway and theyre parcel connect is a mess with no way of tracing your order once they get hold of it. pure cowboys avoid at all costs , stick with dpds parcel wizard or nightlines parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shane M89

scas100 wrote: »
    'I keep telling them nobody is there from noon every day, yet they arrive at 12.30 or 1pm'

fastway have set runs like a postman, so the courier will always be in an area about the same time, if your not going to be there arrange for it to be delivered elsewhere or tell the courier where he can leave it somewhere for you-like a shed or something.

fastway i agree, are the worst of all the courier companies, but its because of the nature of the franchise model they use. head office screw the regional franchises and then they in turn screw the franchise couriers. leading to the couriers having to deliver 100-150 jobs a day( ignoring collections ) for as little as 75 cents per delivery and on some occasions the collections for literally nothing. trying to do that leads to the phone call with him saying ' sorry but i cant come back to your area or i cant be there at that time'

the only reason fastway are still in business is due to the littlewoods contract. they went bust in most of the countries they started in, all thats left is new zealand, australia, ireland and south africa. So complain to the companies that send the stuff out with fastway and theyll stop using them.

You have it 100% on the button was doing it myself for a few years was you get little to nothing considering the amount of delivery's and collections your doing fastway don't want to hear about fuel costs insurance van maintenance your on your own making fat cats money while you lose it manys a fastway driver had to hand back runs and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

Have had trouble with Fastway right from the start...Useless company in my experience. not even worth wasting words on imo.....but I will...They are useless from start to finish. They might look cheaper than competition......but the competition deliver what they promise.....Fastway don't. (in my case) They don't communicate with customers or internally and are unprofessional...., Fastway did not give the driver my number and then blamed another company for their own incompetence and lastly when I finally (1 day late and much work on my behalf) got the product they did not ask for it to be signed....zoomed off quicker than quick.....Later when I checked online they had forged my signature.

From today I will avoid buying any products from any company using Fastway..it is costing me time and money waiting for an incompetent delivery company to deliver my products

In Anpost I trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 hardanro

From today I will avoid buying any products from any company using Fastway..it is costing me time and money waiting for an incompetent delivery company to deliver my products

In Anpost I trust.

The problem is that, most of the time, you don't know what couriers do online shop use. And you don't find out until after the order is placed.
    Lately, even amazon started using fastway (i-parcel which is partner with fastway in Ireland). I was used to have parcels from amazon delivered through anpost. When I saw after the last order that it will be delivered with fastway - I knew it will be trouble (and it was).
    That's one of the biggest problem of online shopping, you pay for a service (shipping) without being able to see or choose who will provide that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

They have lied to me before saying they called to the house etc and once just lost my package

Dreadful dreadful company

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I can see where it is bad experience for some and is poor on their part but have to say myself had no problems with deliveries.

Did anyone contact their hr department and give feedback.

Its a stressful job at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fastway is a total cowboy operation. I feel sorry for anyone that's unfortunate to own a franchise with them, it's set up against you from the start.

And customers, God help ya. If the company doesn't give two ****s about its franchisees youve no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rossj

im hoping to ship two 23kg boxes from alicante area in Spain to dublin n from mid-late august... (it could likewise be picked up from Valencia and be dropped to ANY part of ireland) can someone PLEASE suggest the cheapest & most reliable way of getting this courier delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rossj

im hoping to ship two 23kg boxes from alicante area in Spain to dublin n from mid-late august... (it could likewise be picked up from Valencia and be dropped to ANY part of ireland) can someone PLEASE suggest the cheapest & most reliable way of getting this courier delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stefomah

waiting since thursday for a parcell, its now sat. needed it for tonight.contacted driver on thursday, he said it was in his van, he "might drop it today" never arrived,still now waiting here on the saturday morning. Also they are grumpy and have an ignorant attitude when you question them.

TYPICAL SCENARIO OF A--
    VICTIM OF THEIR OWN SUCCESS, It got them so cocky, now they are treating the people that supported them when it was a small outfit like ****e.. NEVER USE THESE COURIERS..BE WARNED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Cheap is cheap for a reason. Can't believe a big company like Littlewoods use them as the complaints must be off the scale. Complaining is futile

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Ordered some clothes from sports direct 2 weeks ago.I was always getting delivery with DHL from sports direct but this time for some reason they used FASTWAY .Tracking nr didn't work since day 1.I couldn't get through depot nor the driver who left note through letterbox with his mobile.At the end fastway returned my parcel to sports direct because the couldn't delivered .WTF?Luckly got full refund from SD but I sent them email that I wont be using them again if they will be using fastaway.SD using BARLIN delivery so fast way must get contract with SD wich will be disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

About Fastway parcel connect service where they deliver to shops and you collect it, most of the shops don't even know they are signed up to it, I kid you not! I rang up the shop and they did not have a clue what I was on about, the woman told me they don't even deal with Fastway. Another shop I was successful in getting my parcel the first time didn't scan anything, did not ask for any ID, nothing, total disaster, its 50/50 whether you will receive your stuff.

I have never seen 3 parcels I ordered (after my first successful time) online, they do not respond to emails!!

Stick with the much trusted Parcel motel and An Post Address Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

My son ordered something on Amazon last week & a very polite driver from Fastway rang me Tuesday looking for directions to my house & he was very nice & pleasant when he arrived. I guess I was very lucky. Expecting another item from Amazon, due for delivery next Tuesday so fingers crossed its this same driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It is very much down to the area, our previous one was awful but my wife says our current one in Donabate is great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I placed order on 24 Oct and still waiting. Obviously have asked littlewoods for refund at this stage but its a total joke. Id say the driver must have lost the package at this stage - official line is address query even thou hes delivered here before and has my mobile. Seriously putting me off ordering anything else from littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I ordered off sports direct last week and still haven't received my package from this crowd which I need to for the weekend as a present. When I track my order it says it has left their depot 3 days in a row and returned there in the evening but I'm at home all day and never received it, a phone call or anything. Does anyone know the best way to get through to them as online queries seem to get me nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Worse delivery company I ever dealt with and I order a lot online..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Van must be full if they keep doing that... Nothing getting delivered that's mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Mine has been the exact same situation with it leaving the depot 4 times and not being delivered. For the last two days in I rang the courier and asked about my delivery and both times now he said he would deliver to the house no bother and never showed up, he just straight up lied. :mad:

Advertisement