Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Na Móna Equipment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Ex airport tractors are what ya want but they come up for sale once every blue moon! There's a few tidy yokes up at knock airport but I don't think they'll ever be sold. The vintage uk council tractors were some job masseys and db's painted yellow and most with fast road gearboxes and brakes all round from factory!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

Fair points but still I reckon they are well serviced and have plenty more life in them!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Jimlh86 wrote: »
    Fair points but still I reckon they are well serviced and have plenty more life in them!?

Ya to be fair council tractors should be in grand condition any rough topping or hedge cutting is going to be much harder on the implement rather than the tractor and the beauty of non farm tractors is they never see manure so the tin work is usually mint unless of course it's bord na mona yokes or any machines that have to operate near water!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

I wonder will they be mad money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Jimlh86 wrote: »
    I see on DD ganley in Kildare have ex council Masseys for auction. Would be well worth it if the money was right, well minded and all they really do as far as I can see is cut grass!

Any link??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭trabpc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Callisto99

Anyone know what price the 2 trailers went for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

there is another auction this sat https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/the-bord-na-mona-auction/12609757

you would need to be good with a spanner!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

there is another auction this sat https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/the-bord-na-mona-auction/12609757

All I've heard about these auctions is that the crap is cheap and good machines are scarse and bid up to the point where there is little value.

Anyone buy at the last auction ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

_Brian wrote: »
    All I've heard about these auctions is that the crap is cheap and good machines are scarse and bid up to the point where there is little value.
    is that not the way with most auctions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Not at all. Straight on a trailer and off to hammond lane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭White Clover

When did they start having these auctions? Was last year the first one? If so, they must have got on well.
    You would want to be getting alot of them yokes to take away, the world of scrap there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Some of them would be ok for a restoration if you had the skills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭White Clover

liam7831 wrote: »
    Some of them would be ok for a restoration if you had the skills

Not at the prices they were making last year!
    They are nearly all very tired rough yokes with alot of hard hours done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Are they down sizing or just upgrading? A few but if machinery scrap or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

Could be wrong, but looks like the shoite no one would take on trade in......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Odelay wrote: »
    Could be wrong, but looks like the shoite no one would take on trade in......

Track machines if got right could turn money on alright.
    But yad want to go through them at the same time

But Jesus i assume their the best of the tractors....off to Eastern Europe with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I used to work for the bord years ago, they got lots of John Deere 6830s in 2010, they would have been bought to replace the old fleet of mainly Fords (TW 15s, 8210s and some 8630s), and Fiats (mostly 140-90s, and some F140s).
    The tractors would be regularly serviced, but have a mix of drivers, some are good, some I wouldn't let drive a remote controlled car! The cabs and body work are very rough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

A few 140 160-90s look in good condition, what sort of money would they be looking at?

kevthegaff wrote: »
    A few 140 160-90s look in good condition, what sort of money would they be looking at?

I'd say 11-15k depending on condition

• Advertisement

Going tomorrow for a look, tyres are 80% + anything I should look out for? How much commission is paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Some of the roughest machines I've ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

id say a decent one of those would always be worth what you paid for it. Those big Fiats are camels of yokes and I bet they would do anything you ask of them. they would be a fine job for a big slurry tank or trailed harvester. plenty of weight and horsepower

Going tomorrow for a look, tyres are 80% + anything I should look out for? How much commission is paid?

I cant make it Kev but it would be interesting if you could post up a few prices when you get a chance

kay 9 wrote: »
    Some of the roughest machines I've ever seen.

Well i guess you get what you pay for, no one is saying they are mint.

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/farm-tractor/11019013/fiat-fiatagri-160-90.html

Be 20k to land this in the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

liam7831 wrote: »
    Well i guess you get what you pay for, no one is saying they are mint.

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/used/farm-tractor/11019013/fiat-fiatagri-160-90.html

Be 20k to land this in the yard

It'd be 20k+ with vat and transport etc etc but isn't it a beaut and so original in comparison. I admit I'm a sucker for detail. Them yokes bnm have look like they were pulled through bog and got severe abuse. Each to there own though, they have there uses

It'd be 20k+ with vat and transport etc etc but isn't it a beaut and so original in comparison. I admit I'm a sucker for detail. Them yokes bnm have look like they were pulled through bog and got severe abuse. Each to there own though, they have there uses

True enough I spose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

and id say they would still be look around after all these big modern deeres and new Hollands have passed on

Had a look at them one nice 140-90 with no starter, rough gear but a bit of a lucky bag. Didn't stay around for auction as I'd say plenty of interest, and no time for fixing up a machine till winter

• Advertisement

Had a look at them one nice 140-90 with no starter, rough gear but a bit of a lucky bag. Didn't stay around for auction as I'd say plenty of interest, and no time for fixing up a machine till winter

Advertisement