Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

audi12 wrote: »
    Are you for real what rubbish they fell the last couple of months outside Dublin and yes I will be buying to let when the time is right.

They didn't fall they have increased every month, if you really are tracking prices you would know that. Plenty of other posters are also saying the same, you are the only one trying to deny it. I wish prices were falling but they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

audi12 wrote: »
    Did they really they fell 0.2 per cent in March and 0.6 per cent in April that is unless you dont believe the Irish times and my home.ie. It is madness buying a house when they have fell the last two months.
    Would you please get off this thread? The people here are looking to buy their home and don't need people like you sledging. There's a property market thread for what you want to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Would you please get off this thread? The people here are looking to buy their home and don't need people like you sledging. There's a property market thread for what you want to talk about.

If you have an issue with a post please use the report post function and leave the moderating to the mods. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

In Cork there going for above asking in the majority of cases I've seen and IMO the asking price was overvalued in most cases.

Same in Galway City, going for above asking in almost every single case.

It's depressing, I wish I was in a position to be looking this time last year rather than now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

Yeah we learned pretty quickly to not bother even looking at properties that had an asking price which was the same as our budget. You need at least 10k worth of bidding room.

Just looked up 'my' property online today and it's now got the 'sale agreed' sign. Feels insane that we actually managed to do it! I really hope it works out, we'll definitely have to accept a lot of compromises with this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GinaI

Yeah we learned pretty quickly to not bother even looking at properties that had an asking price which was the same as our budget. You need at least 10k worth of bidding room.

Just looked up 'my' property online today and it's now got the 'sale agreed' sign. Feels insane that we actually managed to do it! I really hope it works out, we'll definitely have to accept a lot of compromises with this place.

I've been Sale agreed for a couple of weeks, but "my" house is still advertised . Should I be concerned?

GinaI wrote: »
    I've been Sale agreed for a couple of weeks, but "my" house is still advertised . Should I be concerned?

I'd ask them to put it as sale agreed on their website at the very least. I've read that if a bigger offer comes along, they can still legally (not ethically) accept it even if you've paid your booking deposit. Gazumping.

I don't want to pay for a solicitor and a surveyor and then have the place taken off of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

We've contracts signed on both sides my house still has a for sale sign outside it. It was a joint agent and one is very pissed off with me and won't remove it. I'll be using it as starter wood come the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

We have been told that the vendor on the house we are after putting an offer on is thinking about it as we are the highest one they have gotten. Any idea how long they might do this for? we gave in the offer on thur morning. We said we will give them till wed but would hope they would give us an answer before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 elainep13

mollybird wrote: »
    We have been told that the vendor on the house we are after putting an offer on is thinking about it as we are the highest one they have gotten. Any idea how long they might do this for? we gave in the offer on thur morning. We said we will give them till wed but would hope they would give us an answer before that.

I've been waiting nearly three weeks seems quite a long time, didn't give a deadline...

elainep13 wrote: »
    I've been waiting nearly three weeks seems quite a long time, didn't give a deadline...

bloody heck that is a long time. don't think i could cope to wait that long. the vendors are moving back to france and were renting for a while and now think they want to sell their house so hoping they won't take that long to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

elainep13 wrote: »

Set a time frame to get an answer otherwise say you'll withdraw the offer.

The longer they hang out, the more chance another offer could come in and take it from you.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Set a time frame to get an answer otherwise say you'll withdraw the offer.

The longer they hang out, the more chance another offer could come in and take it from you.

ya i def agree with whiskeyman. we are giving our vendors only a week. give them a small nudge to put ye out of your misery and not let anyone else get the home ye want.

Totally depends on their circumstances. If it's an ex-rental and currently vacated for selling then they will be in a panic to get rid of it as they are paying the mortgage with no rental income.

Are they still living in the place and trying to buy elsewhere?

Hazydays i think they are currently renting it and living abroad.

Well there goes another house. Another bidder came on the scene this morning and out bid us in the end. i swear i seriously hate this crap. Don't know how anyone can become a gambler. It's no bloody fun. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Well there goes another house. Another bidder came on the scene this morning and out bid us in the end. i swear i seriously hate this crap. Don't know how anyone can become a gambler. It's no bloody fun. :(:(

You'll get there! My granny was always saying 'whats meant to be wont pass you by'. The right house will hopefully come up soon.

It's awfully frustrating but I kept trying to look at it as a learning experience. You're getting better at reading the market in the area and adjusting your expectations to what your budget allows.
    Also you've no idea that these people will actually go ahead with the sale. If not, the EA will be back on to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

Does anyone know what is the best way to get an idea what prices houses are in the estates when your looking at houses that is one thing that i think would help to gage how much we are offering if it is too much or too little??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Does anyone know what is the best way to get an idea what prices houses are in the estates when your looking at houses that is one thing that i think would help to gage how much we are offering if it is too much or too little??

Have you looked at the property price register online? It's a few months behind but gives a good indication

My evaluation report was not accepted by the bank as a name of the management company of the estate I am looking to buy a house in was missing.. so was the annual fee. The evaluation was done by the company approved by the bank. I was asked by the evaluation company to find out this information....how do I supposed to know? I paid for service and I am asked to do the job now? Well, as this caused another delay I would do it myself, but where would get that information from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

My evaluation report was not accepted by the bank as a name of the management company of the estate I am looking to buy a house in was missing.. so was the annual fee. The evaluation was done by the company approved by the bank. I was asked by the evaluation company to find out this information....how do I supposed to know? I paid for service and I am asked to do the job now? Well, as this caused another delay I would do it myself, but where would get that information from?

Vendors solicitor should be able to give this to you.

Vendors solicitor should be able to give this to you.

Do you think I can contact him directly on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 valovalo

Hi
    So broker has come back and said that we need ten per cent and approx 5k on top of this for them to even start applying for us??
    We are looking at houses in Tuam galway for approx 110-120k and have the ten per cent but not the 5k and it will take ages again to save that and property's will be gone or prices higher
    Is solicitors and fees really that high and do they banks now want this criteria of 10 per cent plus 5k on top
    We will have this nearly saved by time we actually have a house in mind ?, we are but rushing but just these houses won't be around for long and we already paying 1000 in rent already and landlord will be rising rent on March
    What do you all think
    Ps any advice of good solicitors that might not cost around 3000k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

valovalo wrote: »
    Hi
    So broke has come back and said that we need ten per cent and approx 5k on top of this for them to even start applying for us??
    We are looking at houses in Tuam galway for approx 110-120k and have the ten per cent but not the 5k and it will take ages again to save that and property's will be gone or prices higher
    Is solicitors and fees really that high and do they banks now want this criteria of 10 per cent

Yes solicitors fees are usually 2500 + property tax and the bank need to see funds available to pay for them.

How were you planning on paying for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 valovalo

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Yes solicitors fees are usually 2500 + property tax and the bank need to see funds available to pay for them.

How were you planning on paying for them?

Hi
    Pay for them with continued savings , we don't just stop saving just because we have approval , plus these are paid at the end or are they paid upfront ?,
    Plus deposit back from rented house is near 1500,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Key point is to establish a record of regular saving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement