Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving/Applying for a mortgage 2015/16/17/18/19

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Out of interest, what was the issue identified?

There was a fire in the property and it had done structural damage, the vendor had tried to hide this with decoration and had done a really good job to the naked eye of a layperson, but the surveyor spotted it straight away. It was like watching sherlock holmes at work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Money should be with solicitor from this morning - any ideas how long now until we get the keys? I'll contact him later if we haven't heard anything, just wondering if there's any other delays we're not aware of

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Money should be with solicitor from this morning - any ideas how long now until we get the keys? I'll contact him later if we haven't heard anything, just wondering if there's any other delays we're not aware of

You get the keys from the EA anytime after closing. EA will want confirmation from Vendors solicitor that things have closed. You should arrange this with them in advance when you know your definite closing date. Sometimes the closing date slips a day or 2 so don't panic if it does.

That's grand so thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rew wrote: »
    You get the keys from the EA anytime after closing. EA will want confirmation from Vendors solicitor that things have closed. You should arrange this with them in advance when you know your definite closing date. Sometimes the closing date slips a day or 2 so don't panic if it does.

My loan Cheque from bank should issue July 13th and we should close soon after that... How long should it be before I get keys do people think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

When you close the house is yours so your entitled to the keys (or to break down the door if your really want!) as soon as its confirmed. We sold this time last year and we did the last clean of the place at 9am day of closing and dropped the keys to EA at 10am I believe they collected them by lunch time. As I said you could have last minute closing delay that might knock you back a day or 2 but you will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Bidding on our first house today. :) A while back someone put up a template for a bid email and i cant find it. I remember it saying something bout putting 'Offer Subject to survey completion'.
    Can any one help me out? We're gonna make the initial bid by phone and just sent a follow up email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

Naid23 wrote: »
    Bidding on our first house today. :) A while back someone put up a template for a bid email and i cant find it. I remember it saying something bout putting 'Offer Subject to survey completion'.
    Can any one help me out? We're gonna make the initial bid by phone and just sent a follow up email.

You offer is subject to survey and contracts. I didn't find it a very formal process tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I wouldn't even bother putting that your offer is subject to survey and contracts. That's a given.

You offer is subject to survey and contracts. I didn't find it a very formal process tbh.

Thanks Hazy, Knew it was something short just couldnt remember the wording.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

best of luck with your bidding Naid. me and the hubbie bloody hated doing it. we think we are down to 2 new build's. we have one in swords which we are meeting the builier in the afternoon and we looking at another one in lexlip tommorow night. think we both want the one in lexlip as it's nearer to where we are now and family is nearer and just all round easier to get to places.

drove around the area yeasterday with my neighbour and saw there is a massive pillon on the green but to be honest i don't think it will be near the house we are looking for as it is before the builiding site so don't think it will bother us to be honest.

mollybird wrote: »
    best of luck with your bidding Naid. me and the hubbie bloody hated doing it. we think we are down to 2 new build's. we have one in swords which we are meeting the builier in the afternoon and we looking at another one in lexlip tommorow night. think we both want the one in lexlip as it's nearer to where we are now and family is nearer and just all round easier to get to places.

drove around the area yeasterday with my neighbour and saw there is a massive pillon on the green but to be honest i don't think it will be near the house we are looking for as it is before the builiding site so don't think it will bother us to be honest.

Thanks Molly. Boyfriend has spoken with the EA and its jumped up 7k since we've viewed it last night. We have the room for bidding which is great. This house ticks every box we wanted and could move in and not have to do anything for a while. Theres 2 other bidders at the moment so we shall see what happens -we have our budget and know when to walk away from it. :)

Unfortunately New builds are not an option for us in the areas we are looking in.

At what stage does the bank start communicating with your solicitor? After they've carried out the valuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Just wondering - does planning on subletting a room have any weight in mortgage applications nowadays? I know it was a big thing a while ago but seems to be gone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

At what stage does the bank start communicating with your solicitor? After they've carried out the valuation?

Different banks have different policies. UB don't send out your offer letter until the valuation has been complete. BOI send out the offer letter and then do the valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Final valuation carried out today. Have the home and life insurance in place.

EA told me bank will receive valuation tomorrow.

Hopefully things are good to go for the drawdown on Friday. Me nerves!!! :D

Snag list sent off to the builders too.

Collected our keys today eight weeks after going sale agreed :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Collected our keys today eight weeks after going sale agreed :D:D:D

Congrats. :) we are very close to keys now. Snag list was done yesterday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

So we are signing Friday how long to key collection do ye reckon? Sooo excited

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Congrats. :) we are very close to keys now. Snag list was done yesterday!!!

So delighted for you! I remember reading your very first post in this thread last September when I was only starting to save for the deposit. Now you've got your place and I'm sale agreed.
    The whole thread has been a really positive resource and it's so nice to see people that you've followed throughout making it to the end of the journey.

• Advertisement

So delighted for you! I remember reading your very first post in this thread last September when I was only starting to save for the deposit. Now you've got your place and I'm sale agreed.
    The whole thread has been a really positive resource and it's so nice to see people that you've followed throughout making it to the end of the journey.

Thanks. It's been so fast and scary. We knuckled down big time after I set up the thread. Delighted to see the majority getting sale agreeds and approvals. What I've noticed is sale agreed is the killer, we've been sale agreed since the second week in April that's 11 weeks now. Time slowed down then. Hope yours goes smoothly :)

Thanks. It's been so fast and scary. We knuckled down big time after I set up the thread. Delighted to see the majority getting sale agreeds and approvals. What I've noticed is sale agreed is the killer, we've been sale agreed since the second week in April that's 11 weeks now. Time slowed down then. Hope yours goes smoothly :)

Hope so too! Question for the thread in general- did you get your survey done before or after the solicitor had viewed the deeds, etc?

Hope so too! Question for the thread in general- did you get your survey done before or after the solicitor had viewed the deeds, etc?

I got it done 2 weeks after going sale agreed. It was before she saw the deeds.

I got it done 2 weeks after going sale agreed. It was before she saw the deeds.

Thanks. My surveyor has a waiting list of a few weeks which must be a sign of a booming trade (despite the doomsayers on the Brexit thread)

Thanks. My surveyor has a waiting list of a few weeks which must be a sign of a booming trade (despite the doomsayers on the Brexit thread- can't mention anyone in particular as I've been moderated on it previously!)

Yeah don't mind the naysayers. Do what's best for you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We are gone back to Haven and EBS looking for mortgage approval on the basis on one life insured fully and one with a short term limited policy. I didn't have any hope which was ok until the EBS rep said that they would be pretty hopeful we would get full approval with the term limited policy. Now I'm ****ting it and really really wound up again. And it will be at least Monday for EBS and i've no idea how long with Haven. I am too scared to hope. We've been set back so often with life insurance now....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Any suggestions on Home Insurance? Just call around getting different quotes, go through a broker or go with the Lender?

We are gone back to Haven and EBS looking for mortgage approval on the basis on one life insured fully and one with a short term limited policy. I didn't have any hope which was ok until the EBS rep said that they would be pretty hopeful we would get full approval with the term limited policy. Now I'm ****ting it and really really wound up again. And it will be at least Monday for EBS and i've no idea how long with Haven. I am too scared to hope. We've been set back so often with life insurance now....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100240018

No idea if it's of any help to your situation but I don't know your particular situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I hadn't actually seen that post. Our problem has been that they have refused to count him in the salary multiple if he couldn't get insurance which would mean we couldn't get a mortgage. Now this was prior to applying for AIP. This sending it to underwriting is new and I'm crossing all fingers and toes. We would take a waiver in a heart beat. We're not looking for anywhere near our joint salary multiple but a little more than just mine. However he's covered for five years now and we would hope to be able to take out a similar policy at the end of that five years or have succeeded in getting alternative cover in the meantime (some of the issues the companies are raising are addressable). We also plan to overpay the mortgage in case of anything horrible happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

Sorry for butting in to the thread but what's a typical time period between Sale Agreed, and completion/exchange of contracts.

I went sale agreed in the last week of April. Had one meeting with the solicitor (mid-May) who said there were outstanding documents from the vendor's solicitor, and since then there's been pretty much silence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement